I can't go to the Schlitt/Hartman show! AARRG!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

I can't go to the Schlitt/Hartman show! AARRG!

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:36 am

Okay, John and Bob's first acoustic tour show is this Saturday, 12-9 in Waterloo, IA. I have been stoked to see this for the last couple of months, even setting aside some $$$ to buy T-shirts, CDs, etc.

Now, many roadblocks have come up preventing me from attending...
1) My car broke down last week, and even though it's fixed, I don't trust it driving the round trip from Des Moines to Waterloo (especially without a cell phone).
2) I have my daughter that weekend, and I can't find a sitter for her. And no...taking her to the concert is NOT an option.
3) A sudden money crisis has popped up, forcing me to use the $$$ I was saving for the concert to be used for other purposes.

I'm praying that John tours for his 3rd solo album when it's released next year, and that he has an Iowa date. Whoever is going to Waterloo, please have a good time for me. I am so freaking ticked right now. :evil: :evil: :evil:
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 am

I'm sorry that happened, that is disappointing. Life can throw some crummy things at you sometimes, but it probably won't be the last time they're in the area.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 am

You could come up to WI - or IL at the end of the month.... it's not that far a drive.... about 5+ hours from Sheb. Falls WI to Waterloo.

Just a thought...
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Set list

Post by shaabyi » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:47 am

I am dying to know what songs they are going to play at these concerts. PLEASE POST!!!!

Shaabyi
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:28 am

sue d. wrote:You could come up to WI - or IL at the end of the month.... it's not that far a drive.... about 5+ hours from Sheb. Falls WI to Waterloo.
Well, that's the problem, Sue. If I can't trust my car to make the 1 1/2 hour trip from Des Moines to Waterloo, I sure can't drive 5 hours to Sheb. Falls, WI. Thanks for the offer, though.

Man, this sucks. This Schlitt/Hartman concert was going to be my "spiritual highlight" of the year. I was crying when I tore up the tickets yesterday...that's how upset I was.

2006 has just been a continuation of 2005, which was the absolute worst year of my life. I can't wait for this year to be over. 2007 has to be a better year (of course, that's what I was hoping for 2006, too).
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:54 am

I am dying to know what songs they are going to play at these concerts. PLEASE POST!!!!
Come on over to one of the shows & find out! :D

Pears.... could you RENT a car to get you to a show? They're usually not that bad of a cost. Greyhound bus? fly?

It sounds like you need a little pick-up in life.... sorry it's been a tough season. 2004 was a killer for me... but things DO get better eventually. Remember Jesus' words: "In this life you will have trials & tribulations, but be of good cheer - I have overcome this world!"
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Sue's right, buddy. Hard times don't last forever. Things happen for a reason, and God can use hard times to make you a better person and help other people if you'll let Him. Don't focus on your circumstances, and don't dwell on what you can't do a whole lot about. Sure, your circumstances might stink, but don't be defined by your circumstances. Focus on God, and focus on your daughter...She really needs you, I'm sure it's a confusing time for her.
0 x

beak
Pethead
Pethead

come and join us in clinton Iowa

Post by beak » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:32 pm

I live on the border of Iowa and Illinios, I plan on going to the Joliet show or the other Ill show, not sure yet. Pears you could always stay at my house over night if the drive is too long. Maybe your car will be up to it by then and by the way, what is wrong with it that it is so unrealiable? I can probably fix it unless it needs like an engine or tranny, I could do that but I'm not up to such a big job at the moment. I live in Clinton Iowa, contact me through the site if you want to.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

saint agustine

Post by epdc » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:24 am

you dont want to take her to the concert???? COME ON!!!!!! is not you will se metallica :lol: is a christian band and their most of times are kind of family shows.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios