PC3 INDY! A Gathering Of Petheads! Celebrating 40 Years of P

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
reopugh
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Re: PC3 INDY! A Gathering Of Petheads! Celebrating 40 Years

Post by reopugh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I just hung up the phone with John Schlitt; he is super excited about being at the Pethead convention this weekend. The brand new CD “The Greater Cause” will be available to those attending the convention. The CD doesn’t even get released till May 8th! We get it first! How cool is that!
At 1:00 on Saturday we will have a listing party with him; John will be talking about the story behind each song. You don’t want to miss this event! Tickets are still available for only $20! Call me at 317-445-6115 to get you tickets now! Tickets will be $30 cash only at the door. See you this Saturday!
www.pc3indy.blogspot.com
0 x
Rob Pugh
Classic Christian Rock
Preservation Society
Keeping Classic Christian Rock Alive!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 am

Here's a thought. Someone should record him telling the stories behind the songs and post on the crew website.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 am

Preacherman777 wrote:Here's a thought. Someone should record him telling the stories behind the songs and post on the crew website.
Good idea; It would be nice to have some updates about all the fun and activities from the convention.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 pm

We just had the cd play and talk... John played The gift and got Dorla on stage it was beautiful moment. There was a few wet eyes, well mine were.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:20 am

I'm amazed no one seems to have had much to say about the event the yesterday. Tell us about it folks.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun May 06, 2012 8:41 am

They're all at the Classic Petra show in Hard Rock Café, Nashville. And then they need to sleep for two days, so probably on Wednesday they'll be in a fit stage to report anything comprehensible. :roll:
0 x

thetoonguy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by thetoonguy » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 am

PC3 was simply AWESOME!

It started out with a personal message from Greg Volz welcoming everyone to the convention.

That was followed by John's Official Greater Cause CD Release party. He even brought the the new CDs for any Kickstarter crewmembers in attendance. Great surprise! He played every cut and talked about each song at length.

The next big thing was an hour plus Q & A session with Greg Hough, John DeGroff, Bill Glover and John Schlitt! This, IMO, was the best part of the day! The guys told all kinds of stories I'd never heard before about the origins of Petra.

Later in the evening, GHF took the stage and ROCKED the place! The highlight (for me) was hearing Without You, but everything they did was fantastic! It makes me wonder what Petra would have sounded like into the early 80's if those three and Bob and Greg and stayed together for a few more albums.

John finished up the day with an hour or so long set featuring a few cuts from the new CD!

I'm so glad that Rob put this together and that I had the opportunity to go! It was, as I said before, AWESOME!.

BTW, for those that missed it, there will be PC3 Con Packs (including an event shirt and a set of 3 Petra cartoon prints) available for $35 plus shipping. I'll post info soon!

Ron
0 x

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Sun May 06, 2012 11:36 am

executioner wrote:
Preacherman777 wrote:Here's a thought. Someone should record him telling the stories behind the songs and post on the crew website.
Good idea; It would be nice to have some updates about all the fun and activities from the convention.
I second this. It would be nice to get this info, and the CD for that matter. =)
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sun May 06, 2012 12:12 pm

thetoonguy wrote:PC3 was simply AWESOME!

It started out with a personal message from Greg Volz welcoming everyone to the convention.

That was followed by John's Official Greater Cause CD Release party. He even brought the the new CDs for any Kickstarter crewmembers in attendance. Great surprise! He played every cut and talked about each song at length.

The next big thing was an hour plus Q & A session with Greg Hough, John DeGroff, Bill Glover and John Schlitt! This, IMO, was the best part of the day! The guys told all kinds of stories I'd never heard before about the origins of Petra.

Later in the evening, GHF took the stage and ROCKED the place! The highlight (for me) was hearing Without You, but everything they did was fantastic! It makes me wonder what Petra would have sounded like into the early 80's if those three and Bob and Greg and stayed together for a few more albums.

John finished up the day with an hour or so long set featuring a few cuts from the new CD!

I'm so glad that Rob put this together and that I had the opportunity to go! It was, as I said before, AWESOME!.

BTW, for those that missed it, there will be PC3 Con Packs (including an event shirt and a set of 3 Petra cartoon prints) available for $35 plus shipping. I'll post info soon!

Ron
Cheers to that, it was an amazing event. I was just so amazed at GHF too, they were just rocking it. As I sit here in the Indianapolis airport it has been hard to wipe the smile off my face, I was truly touched by the weekend, and have to say my hardened heart has been softened by the message that all the performers delivered. There was some real special moments that I will never forget.. was amazing to meet Rockon (Terry) he heard me voice and worked out who I was and we had a good talk about Petra.

Bill Glover.. what a cool guy, my wife and I got to spend some time talk to Bill and we will visit him when we are in Florida next.. if any one has heard Bill play, he is an amazing drummer and a man of God.

John and Dorla Schlitt, My wife and I had a great time this morning talking them.. Great couple, hope to get them down Phoenix way some time.

Rob, thanks for setting this whole thing up.. you are a great guy... I love you man.

Sue, even though I didn't talk to you much this trip, it was sweet to see you taking photos and having fun. Your Petra collection is beyond belief.

There is so much I could say, but the thing that really was the biggest thing for me was my wife and I getting closer though the word that was preached.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon May 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Dan wrote:
thetoonguy wrote:PC3 was simply AWESOME!

Ron
Cheers to that, it was an amazing event. I was just so amazed at GHF too, they were just rocking it. As I sit here in the Indianapolis airport it has been hard to wipe the smile off my face, I was truly touched by the weekend, and have to say my hardened heart has been softened by the message that all the performers delivered. There was some real special moments that I will never forget.. was amazing to meet Rockon (Terry) he heard me voice and worked out who I was and we had a good talk about Petra.

Bill Glover.. what a cool guy, my wife and I got to spend some time talk to Bill and we will visit him when we are in Florida next.. if any one has heard Bill play, he is an amazing drummer and a man of God.

John and Dorla Schlitt, My wife and I had a great time this morning talking them.. Great couple, hope to get them down Phoenix way some time.

Rob, thanks for setting this whole thing up.. you are a great guy... I love you man.

Sue, even though I didn't talk to you much this trip, it was sweet to see you taking photos and having fun. Your Petra collection is beyond belief.

There is so much I could say, but the thing that really was the biggest thing for me was my wife and I getting closer though the word that was preached.
I'm happy you and your wife had a great time; It's always nice to go to something where everyone has the love for something like the Petheads do.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

RockOn
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 1982

Post by RockOn » Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Hey there Dan!

It was my pleasure getting to talk with you and your lovely wife.

I found out later in the car that you also talked with my wife, Kristy, sometime during the week. She wasn't at the convention but she did make the rounds at the hotel. If you don't remember who she is, I believe she made a comment about you being on the phone. She also told you that I was CONSTANTLY on MY phone (not true). :)

Anyway, I'm glad you made it back safely to Arizona.

Post some pictures, or better yet - video, of you playing a song on your new guitar. That was money WELL SPENT.

Take care,
Terry (RockOn)
0 x

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by toolman » Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey everyone,

What a great weekend! The performances were great, but the fellowship was even better. It was great meeting some of you guys I have seen here for years but never met IRL, and spending time with many others I don't get to see often. It is amazing how much of a family we are.

The Q & A with the Petra guys was really good. The stories from the early years were great!

If you guys have not had a chance to listen to John's new album, pick it up - its great! I agree with Dan that John having Dorla up on stage for The Gift was very touching!

Thanks again Rob for all your hard work on this!

Tim
0 x
II Cron. 7:14

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Tim! the zone does still exist! (just) We couldn't make it to the morning service as we had to get to the airport, thanks for getting the address though.

Terry, that is a very cool guitar will try to get a pic up at some point, and maybe a video of me playing the thing! Yes I remember you wife I was being anti-social in the elevator checking business stats etc and she said that her husband was on facebook all the time.. I told her to take the phone off you. I had no idea it was you wife.. she is lovely btw.. great couple. I sure do look forward to going to the next one, feel free if you ever in Phoenix Terry, drop in.
0 x

reopugh
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1984

Post by reopugh » Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm

PC3 was a complete success! I am praying about next year already.
0 x
Rob Pugh
Classic Christian Rock
Preservation Society
Keeping Classic Christian Rock Alive!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu May 10, 2012 11:49 am

reopugh wrote:PC3 was a complete success! I am praying about next year already.
Sounds great Rob! glade it was a success. Wish it was on right now, I could do with some fun right now.
0 x