Dream Team 2012!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Dream Team 2012!!!

Post by sue d. » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:02 am

That would be more fitting than flying in non Petra members with no real history or public identity to play.
John, Greg B. and Bob all have a history and identity with Petra. So does Paul, but he's with a band and most often than not is unavailable. That leaves Cristian as the only one who is a non-Petra member "flying in."

A 2010 Fall tour 'pushed back' to 2012.... hmmmm....

Well, Lichens still has nice hair. :P
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 am

You enjoy that tour being pushed back as far as possible, don't you ;p
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 am

I think what she is saying is that it was naive and frankly a horrible publicity stunt to put all those dates up without anything actually never being confirmed.
Too me it shows the lack of experience on managements part or someone in their camp was not telling the whole truth.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:08 am

I agree with the naiveness comment
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:12 am

What about if Ronny was to take Greg B's place? then it would look like a hybrid dream team...
0 x

onyx
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onyx » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Wasn't the original tour supposed to be a joint project with a reunited Servant? Maybe those dates were put together with that promoter and the whole thing just didn't happen. The accusation that someone was lying is really annoying considering few people, doubtfully any of them here, know all the facts.
0 x

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Well I don't know all the facts but these are the facts I DO know. 1. 40+ US tour didn't happen in 2010. 2. 40+ US tour not happening in 2011. 3. New Years Eve TBN show didn't happen. 4. March, April, MAy TBN show didn't happen. 5. John Schlitt tour dates with Classic Petra NEVER happened when Classic Petra's camp implied and stated that it would during the tour (Which Sue seemed to have no knowledge of and I know for a fact John was never asked to be involved). And finally #6 the Mark Kelly moon boots were not seen at all on this tour.

Now the facts I know on a positive side. 1. Classic Petra put out a CD and a semi-live CD. 2. Every classic Petra member has hair (real and fake but still hair) 3. John is now going to apparently play a show with Classic PEtra due to a promotor coming through not Classic Petra managment. 4. Ronnie Cates played with Petra Farewell in Tampa on J & H Farewell tour (I was there and saw it with my own eyes.). 5. Ronnie left show right after playing 1 song because it was "To difficult to watch the show and not be a part of it". 6. Ronnie is bald therefore making him unnaceptable to join any Petra tour now. 7. I bought both Classic Petra CD's and a Classic PEtra shirt. 8. I am sarcastic.
0 x

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Another message for Petra fans from the David Lichens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLFukkUtlk
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:31 pm

So does anyone know if Ronny would perform with Petra again and if he would why don't they bring him back?
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Exe, Classic P's management is in no way naive. He's a very seasoned manager, with years and years of experience. He knew what he was doing.

Like I had said originally when the 'tour dates' came out - - they weren't confirmed dates, they were routing schedule dates. Putting out those dates was a means of saying to promoters "hey - we're hoping to be here at this time -- book us!" while at the same time making it look like they were real dates to fans so the buzz would spread.

He had nothing to lose by doing that because the band wasn't actually a touring band at that time so if it didn't work out it wasn't going to hurt the band any with promoters. Classic P. was a recording band at that time. Course it left the fans hanging, and wondering what was going on.
3. John is now going to apparently play a show with Classic PEtra due to a promotor coming through not Classic Petra managment.
Not exactly. He won't be playing WITH Classic P., but he'll be playing with Farewell Petra on the same stage (tentative - that is, if the funding comes through).
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:56 am

Sue, why cant Ronnie come back and play and have the complete package the fans want? I think by this time John should be aware that the fans want the dream team back together, doesnt he?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:58 am

Even though I have CDs to sell my self (from PDC and other artists), I see bigger needs than entertainment. Joplin, flood victims in the central US, etc, etc are far better causes and are more deserving of money and attention. In the grand scheme of things, Christian entertainment has very little ministry proficiency and effectiveness, compared to other ministries of and along side of the universal church. In other words, the bang for the buck is not there.

I think we should put together a wiki or something detailing how things are done, or links to sites where people can educate themselves. There is more to having someone play than calling them up and asking. Booking a tour is very, VERY hard work. Booking a tour to a hyper niche market that traditionally does not like to spend money is darn near impossible. Add all of this to the first reality statement, and you have pretty compelling reasons why it is so hard to pull off.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 am

Good morning average guys and galls, wake up to the slap of innocence!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 am

I wish Peter would play. He is more connected to Christian music in the states and would possibly draw more people and would have a better connection to Petra. Of course, the band needs someone that is a Christian and can play well. The fans want more than that. But then again, the fans may not be able to cover that either. J&H is not Louie's cup of tea, and he would not play it. I might be wrong. But I don't think so. I think playing that music would be insulting to him because of what went down. But, I think he could have the last laugh so to speak and turn it into a monumental moment for the fans and a personal last laugh.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

I see bigger needs than entertainment.
There's ALWAYS going to be bigger needs than entertainment... turn off your TV and give the cable bill money to the poor! Turn off the computer and save electricity - donate that money! Don't buy that Xbox, don't go to that baseball game. Stop going on vacations, paying for hotels, driving boats and wasting gas... I could go on and on -- if we want to follow this line of reasoning. I'm sure many people have cut out some trips - but many more are traveling and spending plenty, even in this economy.
Joplin, flood victims in the central US, etc, etc are far better causes and are more deserving of money and attention.

There are thousands of causes out there.... what, you can't help more than one cause? Who is to say what's better or worse? Everyone has their own opinion.

People donate to the arts in private settings all the time - and I'm taking HUGE chunks of cash. They deem it worthy and necessary. Why are art & music taught in public schools? My tax dollars (a type of forced donation) are going to pay for that - is it necessary? How about sports? Totally unnecessary, imho. However, many would disagree - strongly. It's all a matter of opinion.
In the grand scheme of things, Christian entertainment has very little ministry proficiency and effectiveness, compared to other ministries of and along side of the universal church. In other words, the bang for the buck is not there.
How do you know for sure? NO one can look into a man's heart and know if something that they heard at a concert, or listened to on a CD or radio station drew them, convicted them, or brought them closer to Christ.... even years later. Sure, you can count numbers at an alter call (both during a concert AND a revival/crusade), but you really don't know if those 'decisions' are real and long-term, or if they're an emotional spur-of-the-moment thing.

I constantly get emails and messages for John, stating how a song, a concert, something he said, something Petra did, etc. has touched their lives or even brought them to Christ. Is there 'worth' in that?

You can't downplay the impact of John & Petra's music, or the love and support people want to give John in return and say it's not a 'good or worthy cause.'

Entertainment... there certainly is an entertainment factor in Christian music, yes. But for groups like Petra and individuals like John Schlitt - there is much more to it than JUST entertainment. There is also a Gospel component there too.
0 x