Petra/Chaska/Sept. 11

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: wahoo

Post by Michael » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:02 am

executioner wrote:I found out today that I can no longer email Wayne. He had my email addresses blocked. They just shoot back at me saying undesired mail from sender.
That's pathetic. Just pathetic. How disgusting. I know, I know... I can't use the "J" word on this forum or I'll get blasted (although we can talk about bodily functions all day long... a strange place, this Petra Zone! :shock: ) ...but I sure would like to drop that one because of this. Someone who is in a position to receive questions from the public should NEVER block ANYONE from contacting them.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:55 am

It's very unprofessional, unfair behavior to say the least. There seems to be a problem with requests for information here.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:58 pm

As much as I agree with you people on the management of Petra and lack of communication to the people that help keep Petra going, John and Bob must see something we don't in Wayne.

I, for one, am going to put my trust in John and Bob's wisdom to have Wayne as a manager. Alse, trust in God of course.
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:08 pm

True, who John and Bob work with is up to them, and they aren't dummies. Still, isn't part of a manager's job to make sure information is available for people to go to concerts? I have difficulty understanding why something as simple as providing information is such a problem.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:52 pm

I, at one time, had the number of the guy organizing that. Let me dig around my messy apartment to see if I can find that number
thanks, String... I'd appreciate it.
He had my email addresses blocked. They just shoot back at me saying undesired mail from sender. I've never heard of this before can someone explain if they know what this means.
Yes, depending on what email program you use, you CAN block people's emails from reaching you.
I have difficulty understanding why something as simple as providing information is such a problem.
The more info that's out there, the more fans will know about dates, the more will attend, which not only makes the promoter happy but Petra as well.

Communications 101.... I think I took that back in high school....
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i am

Post by executioner » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:13 am

In the past year I have sent Wayne a few emails(2) about us or the general public not being able to get info on the concert schedule, and each time he has said that petraband.com is updated weekly in the concert sections. After a few months of not sending another email and seeing if petraband.com had been updated(which it had not) I sent another email stating the facts about the concert schedule at that time I received a very unchristlike email from him and have not been able to communicate with him since then. I've even tried calling the office and tried to say I'm sorry if I offended him in any way, but he won't take my calls. I've done what the scprictures have told me to do when we have issues with someone, but have been received with harsh words. So I don't know what else to do but to pray for a solution to this circumstance. I love the ministry that Petra has and do not want in anyway to hurt it, but sometimes you got to stand up and say this is wrong and that is what I'm doing.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:23 am

I don't think anyone disagrees with you, Exe. It is wrong; at the very least it's unprofessional.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:23 pm

I gotta hand it to you, Exe. It's good that you took the stand that you did. Bottom line is, Wayne doesn't have a clue as to what's being updated on Petraband.com, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's covering up more than just this.

I know Bob and John are wise in their business dealings as they've obviously been doing this for many years; and, I have a hard time believing Bob and John would just sit back and not do something if they knew Wayne was this rude and irresponsible.

Does anyone know how often Bob and John have access to Petraband.com, or the internet in general? They really need to be aware of the lack of information that is out there.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:38 pm

He. I don't know how Bob's computer skills are, but John has no computer skills. Heard it myself when I was in Wisconsin. :)

I think everyone has made their position clear, and they've been informed. What they do or don't do now is up to them, and they'll reap the consequences of what they do or don't do.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:25 pm

Maybe he doesn't want to hear from an over-obsessed Petra fan...

Try E-mailing him from a different E-mail address.

(How do you like that for a wishy-washy reply)
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

MATTHEW DOUGLAS
Pethead
Pethead

Petra in Chaska Mn ?

Post by MATTHEW DOUGLAS » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 am

To my friends of the zone, as a Mn Pethead I hope to see Petra in Chaska Minnesota on September 11th, 2004 i just need to know where to buy the tickets for the concert, because i want to buy several of them for myself, and friends. Please let me know if anybody can help me on this matter, and may God bless you this day. :lol: :lol: Thank you
0 x
PETRA ROCKS MY WORLD 4-EVER

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:08 pm

Matthew, this is a totally free concert! Yes, you heard it right....FREE. I couldn't believe it two years ago when they were in Chaska but I called the guy (whom I have to find the number on) who organized it and it is free. It is put on by the Grace Gibson foundation and another organization. They will point people to a web site for donations, though.

Me and another guy just drove there, walked in, and we were there, dude!! Joel Hanson and another local band warmed up for Petra before they took the stage at 9 p.m. and rocked our socks off for about an hour and a half. No Doubt, they were the main attraction and we felt that we were in The Right Place!!

I am hoping to go this year. (I do not forsee any reason just shy of my Homegoing to prevent me from going.)
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:49 pm

sue d. wrote:See here for some details - as much info as I have:

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/Tour.htm

Sometimes promoters put out press releases/posters BEFORE they have a signed contract... so perhaps this isn't a for sure thing in Chaska.

I don't know... just offering a possible explanation.
Thanks, Sue. I'm commiting myself to finding someone to go with me to the Somerset, KY show (we have an 8-month-old, so my wife won't want to take her, and she will likely skip out). And I'm not ruling out going by myself, either.

Hey, if there's anyone else here from Lexington, KY or from elsewhere in KY who would like to ride together or meet up at the concert, let me know!
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Michael » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:15 am

Petrapraise wrote:Maybe he doesn't want to hear from an over-obsessed Petra fan...
As someone whose living comes from the pockets of Petra fans, an over-obsessed fan should be his best friend.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:17 am

Here's the news item from the Chaska Herald:
Other news
The council also:
* Approved sponsorship of a Sept. 11 youth concert at the City Square Park with the Walstead Foundation, the Grace Gibson Foundation and local area churches. The Christian rock band Petra will perform and the city will provide portable bathrooms and a dumpster for the event.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic