Greetings from Iraq!! - PLEASE READ LAST POST

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Greetings from Iraq!! - PLEASE READ LAST POST

Post by rbellousmc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:06 am

Its me Ricky Bello. I havent been in touch with the petra zone in such a long time, i stopped posting once the original zone was taken down. Anyway, I just wanna say a quick hi from Iraq. Yup, Im over here right now with my Marine unit. I got here in the begining of August and will return home at the end of Feb or begining of Mar. Im excited to be here. Im getting used to the heat which is like 130 degrees some days. So whats new with Petra? When is there going to be a new album? When is John's 3rd solo getting released? Anyway please keep in touch and keep me in your prayers. Our base gets mortared quite often. Thank you.

Semper Fidelis,

LCpl Bello
USMC
Last edited by rbellousmc on Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Petra_Pete
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petra_Pete » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:34 am

Hello! Good to hear that you are safe. You guys and gals are doing the right thing and are doing a great job. We appreciate the work and sacrifice that you are doing. We'll continue to pray for you as well as your family as they are the forgotten ones in this war. My brother is also in Iraq and his base is mortored daily as well. It has even been bombed a few times; scary stuff. Keep safe and God bless!
0 x
yours,
Petra Pete

"This is my Father's world and He can fix it."

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:29 pm

I salute you!!!!
God bless you!

Here's a chance to plug my website (www.petrapraise.com).

Be safe!
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:46 pm

I remember you...God bless you and get home safely.
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Hello All, Remember ME!?!?!?!

Post by PetfanInCt » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:06 pm

rbellousmc wrote:Its me Ricky Bello. I havent been in touch with the petra zone in such a long time, i stopped posting once the original zone was taken down. Anyway, I just wanna say a quick hi from Iraq. Yup, Im over here right now with my Marine unit. I got here in the begining of August and will return home at the end of Feb or begining of Mar. Im excited to be here. Im getting used to the heat which is like 130 degrees some days. So whats new with Petra? When is there going to be a new album? When is John's 3rd solo getting released? Anyway please keep in touch and keep me in your prayers. Our base gets mortared quite often. Thank you.

Semper Fidelis,

LCpl Bello
USMC
Hi Rick,

On behalf of my family and I , I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for serving the US and for doing what your doing over in Iraq. Godbless you and the other men and women serving.
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

WOW RICK!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:56 pm

I was like, ya know NO IDEA!!!!! I always wondered where you were!!! I thank God you are ok and that you be able to get back home safely. We want pics`of the trip :wink: j/k.

130 degrees? that`s my weather too!!!!! and I have lived here 20 years in sonora mexico and I haven`t got used to it.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:44 pm

You are in our peayers as well. Thanks for defending freedom.
My son is up set coz the army wont take him for 2 years. He is going in the rangers. He wnts to be over there with ya'll now. But he prays foe all every day.
Debbie
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Yup

Post by rbellousmc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:40 am

Im doing well over here, we got mortared the other night, no injuries though. Iraq is a country with a very VERY different culture as to customs and greetings when talking to each other. When talking to an Iraqi, you have to be VERY courteous or he will get offended for any little thing. Anyway, if you feel like emailing me sometime, here is my email address

[email protected]

Keep in touch Petheads, I want to know what Petra is up to.

I have a picture but Im not quite sure how to add it to this new post zone. Ill try some other time.[/img]
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

ricky

Post by epdc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:32 pm

send me the pic!!!!!!!!I`m making a pethead album and have many now :), I don`t know why i CAN`T FIND THE ONES YOU SENT ME BEFORE SNIFF.

I just added your email, the last time i sent you a greeting card to your last birthday it came back eek.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:58 pm

Hey Rick,

I'm glad you decided to post on this new zone! Thank you for giving us an update on you and how things are going. Man, I'd be freaking out if I'd get mortared! We will keep you in our prayers.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for Rick and his unit as they are down in Iraq. Lord, please give them Your protection and Your guidance as they fight for freedom.
Watch over all their families back home so that they don't have to worry about them and grant Your peace unto every heart of every man in this unit as well as to their families. Help them to trust You daily and know that You are the living God who is all in all and over all! Lord, I pray for those that may not know You that they may turn their lives to You and that those who are Your children will be a shining witness to Your light.
Lord, thank You for Rick and that he has the opportunity to come on this zone and write to us and that he can stay in touch with others via e-mail. What a wonderful thing this technology has become for those who are seperated from friends and loved ones!
Please give strength to these men and keep them in Your care. We love You and praise You Lord for all You are. In Jesus Name....AMEN.

Rick, may the Lord bless you and keep you and watch over you!
0 x

reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by reoracer » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:43 pm

Amen!

Thank you so much for all you do over there to serve God and country and sacrifice to protect freedoms for everyone. You will be in my prayers.

Blessings,
Jen
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

Historymaker
Pethead
Pethead

DEFINITELY worth coming out of lurk mode...

Post by Historymaker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:48 pm

Ricky,

Thank you so much for your dedication to the freedom we enjoy here in the USA. You have truly put your patriotism in action as you serve with the Marine Corps overseas in Iraq. I carry the hope that due to your steadfastness and the steadfastness of those serving alongside you, the battle against terrorism will ultimately be won by your courage, gallantry, and the American spirit of liberty. Your service today secures the safety of tomorrow, and you make the sacrifice so that maybe one day my son won't have to. Whatever the case, thank you for defending America. Know that God goes before you and you are constantly in our prayers. Stay safe and hurry home!

Semper Fi

Ryan
0 x

Tobes
Pethead
Pethead

Still going strong

Post by Tobes » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:54 pm

Ricky,
Petra still rocks, I just saw them last month -- Bob can still shred on guitar!
Thank you for your service to the country!
May God keep you in his hands and bring you home safe to those you love. We will keep you in our prayers.
God bless,

Pete Tobey, PetHead since 1983...
0 x
It is finished...

rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Update

Post by rbellousmc » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:42 am

Just wanna say hi again real quick. Im doing good. Im sorry to say that we lost a Marine not too long ago to an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) when he was returning to base from a convoy. I prayed for his family and asked the Lord to give them strength durring their time of sorrow. Last night the Navy lost a Seabee to another IED. Luckly, none of these casualties were married. We havent been mortared in a few days and I thank God for that. Once ones life is put in danger, you really start thinking and looking at it in a totally different view. I tell you what, millions of americans take their freedom for granted. They go out, have fun, party and never realize what it takes to maintain that freedom that is fought with lives. Ive had some close calls in the short amount of time Ive been here, but I know that God is watching over me and has protected me. Ive seen my fellow Marines get hurt in front of me and I remain untouched. I tell you what, I do not fear death, and I do not fear taking the life of someone who threatens mine or my fellow Marines.

Semper Fi,

LCpl Bello
0 x

Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

Thank you!

Post by Bill F » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:29 pm

Thanks for all of your posts Ricky, and thank you for the job you are doing over there. I will remember you in prayer.

Just remember a line from my favorite Petra when I get down about what's going on in the world:

"He's still got the whole world in His hands tonight.
And only He knows where this battle ends tonight.
And nothing in this world can stop His plan tonight.
Cause He's still got the whole world, in His hands, in His hands, tonight."
0 x