Greetings from Iraq!! - PLEASE READ LAST POST

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:09 am

Hi Ricky,

Good to see you back on the Zone!

Thank you for your service and sacrifice... keep posting and filling us in on what's happening over there, OK?
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

THANK YOU

Post by Mexican Spud » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:56 pm

My family and I thank you for our freedom. We will pray for you and your family.

Petra released a CD in 2003 called Jekyll and Hyde. There hardest CD they've done since On Fire. Thats my personal opinion
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Thank you

Post by rbellousmc » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:41 am

Hi sue, its good to be back.

Click here to see a picture of me that one of my friends put on her website

http://www.geocities.com/croatianbeba/ricky.JPG

And click here to see a picture of my new Religious USMC Tattoo

http://www.geocities.com/chicagomarine773/Tattoo.jpg

I will post more pictures when I get some. Thank you all for your prayers they are greatly appreciated.

mexicanspud, I know about the Jekyll & Hyde album, it was release when I was in boot camp, but I had my girlfriend buy it for me.

Semper Fidelis,

Ricky Bello
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:43 pm

Those are cool photos, Rick! They showed up good and I really like your tatoo!! That's awesome.

Here's the photo you sent me that you wanted me to put up on the zone. I had put it up on my website for the link.

I hope it works....
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:09 pm

Cool tatoo.. but it looks painful!
I've always thought it would be neat to get one, but I'm a bit chicken when it comes to needles.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:11 pm

Hey Sue, yeah it does hurt a bit, specially over a bone, but
when you put a tatoo where there's more flesh than bones
you'd be allright. I don't like needles either - and I did ok
with it!

Hey, I did the "piercing for PETRA", remember??? The second
earring you talked me into! Sooooo......we gotta find a reason
for you to get a tatoo now :P
0 x

rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Hello

Post by rbellousmc » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:27 pm

That tattoo took 3 hours to complete. It took so long because of the real nice detail on the wings. That picture was taken at the tatto parlor right when it was complete, that is why my arm looks all swollen. Sam, thank you for posting my picture of up there. Thank you.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:24 am

Eeek, three hours?!!! Ouch, LOL. I don't think I would last that long!
An hour is enough for me. I remember my first tatoo took almost 2 hours cos he had to keep stopping cos it hurt cos it was right over my shoulder blade bone and that part hurt! Yeah, the area gets a bit swollen right after they get done. Try to sleep on it! :P

You're welcome with the pix....I'm glad it worked, that's the first time I've ever posted an image on the zone!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:31 am

Brrr...That does sound painful. There are temporary tattos that can be painted on that fade in about three weeks, I think the stuff is called henna. I'm not into needles or pain either.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:48 pm

Yeah, I've heard of Henna, but I wouldn't want to have to redo every 3 weeks, LOL.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:08 pm

Is that a Sprite your holding?
If so, that seems odd; do they know they were supporting our American economy?
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

rbellousmc
Pethead
Pethead

Please Pray

Post by rbellousmc » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:24 pm

Fellow PetHeads,
On 9-11 we were attacked on base very badly. Im lucky to be alive today, my life was a few meters away from ending by a mortar. There were a few Marines that were evaced out of here because of their condition due to the attack and an Iraqi died because the mortar hit him directly. As the attack went on for 5 minutes which seemed forever, a total of 15 mortars hit and during the attack a group of Iraqis started to charge the gate, and we found ourselves in a firefight with them. We neutralized them and took the wounded into custody for interrogation. There were no wounded Marines in the firefight. Please keep praying for us. Later during the day, they shot off another 5 mortars and luckly no one was injured in that attack. It was a close call for me and my fellow Marines but with God's help we prevailed the attack. With Him on our side we will continue to do our job and suceed. Please pray for us.

LCpl Bello

United States Marine Corps
Last edited by rbellousmc on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:51 pm

Oh sheesh. That is pretty spooky, you will definitely be in my prayers. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
0 x

reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by reoracer » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:15 pm

Know that you and those serving with you are in our prayers.

Thank you for the update.
Jen

PS Hope you don't mind, but I am going to copy your message and share it with some of my prayer partners...
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:38 pm

Dear Lord Jesus,
As LCpl Bello reported to us what happened to him and his fellow Marines during the mortar attack a few days ago, I want to lift up unto You oh Lord, him and his whole group, the base where they are stationed, the ground that they walk on and the gates that surround them and the roofs that are over their heads.

I ask for Your divine intervention and divine protection over the whole place and every single person that is stationed there. Lord may this whole base become a lighthouse unto every Iraqi that tries to destroy it. That Your awesome power may be manifested right there, so that Your Name would be glorified as the attackers come. That the attackers would be brought to their knees before You and as they come against this base that their efforts would render totally futile and have no avail to the people who are within it's gates and the property.
Lord that You would put Your shield over that base, that the shadow of Your wings might cover every person, every soldier.

I also pray that every soldier that does not know You, may open their hearts to receiving Your saving grace through Jesus Christ. That they come to trust You and also pray. That the power of prayer there will be a shield of protection and the power of God revealed in that place!

I pray for those that were injured Lord, that You may comfort them, that You would speak healing to their bodies from Your throne and that You would re-assure their families that their loved ones will be ok. May they recover quickly and may fear be far from them. May they feel Your comfort and Your power ever present in their lives.

I thank You and praise You, Lord, that You gave wisdom and protection during the fire fight that took place, may those Iraqi's that got arrested (and future ones too) and taken into custody get a first hand experience of the Living God Allmighty as they just might end up in the presence of some Christians there. Lord, it would be awesome if those lives could be changed and they'd walk away as children of God, proclaiming powerfully Your gospel. Only by Your power can this take place!

Thank You Jesus that You are helping our marines to prevail in all attacks that come against them. I can only pray Lord, that every single one of them there trusts in You and will look to You for help.
Please bless these soldiers and their families for the sacrifice that they are making as they fight for freedom. Continue to hold them in Your hand and grant an extra measure of faith and trust unto every single one of them - and I pray especially for Rick Bello our fellow Pethead there that You may work through Him to pour out Your life giving grace unto those he's with.

Thank You Jesus that we can pray, that we can speak from our hearts to You and that we may place our requests and worries before You. Thank You that You answer, thank You that You provide.
In Jesus Name I humbly pray........AMEN
0 x