Review of Dearborn Michigan concert

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
JekyllandHyde
Pethead
Pethead

Review of Dearborn Michigan concert

Post by JekyllandHyde » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:32 am

I had such a great time last night at the concert. I am still on cloud nine. I didn't get a chance to keep track of the song list. It was general admission concert. I got front row seats. And man did they rock. They played maybe 1:45 minutes. And I had a chance to talk to Bob, John and Greg a while after the concert for a while. I've seen them about 40 times. John remembers me the last few times I've seen him. It it a night I won't forget. And hi to Bolga T. from Ann Arbor.
0 x

Bolga T
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Bolga T » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:53 am

I was at the Dearborn show and I have to say the band did a great job! I also cannot remember the whole song list (Creed, Judas Kiss, Test of time...) but Bob Hartman rocked on the guitar. It was my first time seeing him play live and I was very impressed. I just love the way he plays; he makes you FEEL what he's playing, which I can most certainly appreciate. I'm glad I got to meet both John and Bob after the show.

I'm sure someone else will put up a more complete review of the show soon
0 x

Hank
Pethead
Pethead

Petra in Dearborn, MI

Post by Hank » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:37 pm

What a fun night! I brought my nine year old son to his first (hopefully not his last!) Petra concert. He thought it was GREAT. He got his picture taken with all four band members. What a great experience & blessing.

I really enjoyed the opening band too - Omega Force. Anyone else like them?

Petra was great, as usual. I was a bit disappointed with the sound (NOT THE BAND, JUST THE MIX!) I'm a bit of a sound snob, sorry. The band was tight and played well. I just wish that they could have had some more clarity & less feedback. I can't imagine what they go through going from town to town wondering who's going to run the sound board each time. WOW. That's trusting God, eh?

Anyway - God bless Petra for their ministry and for sharing their talents with us. They are the real deal - not prima-donna rock star snobs... they show the love of Jesus to people and true professionalism.
0 x
God blessed you,
:^)
-------------------------------
Eph. 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:21 am

I didn't get to go to the show, but I'm glad it was good.

Tom, the keyboard player and founder of Omega force is a friend of mine. He auditioned for the Keyboard spot in AndBand. Awesome Keyboard player. Factoid: Tom owns the keyboard played by John Lawry in the video for I am on the rock.

Cool!
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Hank
Pethead
Pethead

Tom & OmegaForce -

Post by Hank » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:27 pm

Hey! You know Tom too? Cool. Then you must have heard Nu Mission. What do you think?
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:57 pm

Green with envy...I want to go to another concert this year. :?
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

Hank
Pethead
Pethead

OmegaForce & Petra

Post by Hank » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:14 pm

:lol: What I meant was - what do you think of OmegaForce's Nu Mission CD?

You're right though - you would have really enjoyed the concert! 8) OmegaForce came out and put on a great 40 minutes or so worth of crankin', including a really cool version of the worship song "Lord of the Dance". Then Petra came out and kept it pumpin'. Bob Hartman gave a really good 15 minute call for salvation before they finished with another tune.
0 x