Petra show tomorrow night (sept 15th) in PA

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Petra show tomorrow night (sept 15th) in PA

Post by gman » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:05 pm

Hey. Anyone going to the show tomorrow night (Wed. Sept 15th) in Pennsylvania? It's a free show in Chambersburg, which is off of Interstate 81 below Carlisle. I don't much much info other then what you can get from ITickets.com. It's not listed on Petra's website, but then again I don't recall seeing any of the September Shoutfest shows listed either.
Can't wait!!!
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:37 pm

Let us know how the show went.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

concert was awesome

Post by gman » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:35 pm

last night's show was incredible. They were the featured band of the night as part of a weeklong evangelistic outreach. They followed the speaker and they were basically the only band, aside from the worship band that played. It was much longer than their festival shows. I don't recall the set list as I was too busy enjoying the show. They started, I believe, with Creed, then Sight Unseen/It is Finished. They did some of the new disc including J&H, Perfect World, and All About Who...
The praise songs they did included Amazing Grace, Noise We Make, Lord I lift, Show Your Power, Ancient of Days, I Waited...
Some of the older songs included: Judas Kiss, Rose Colored, This Means War, He Came He Saw, Dance, Right Place, Beyond Belief. That's a pretty big list. They rocked hard and long.
John's vocals were right on, and Paul was smoking on drums. You can always count on Bob to rip it up on guitar. They all came out after the show to hang out and talk to people, and sign autographs and take pictures. It was totally cool that, unlike Creation, they didn't have people forcing them to a specific signing area, and forcing the fans into a fast moving line. It was regular hangout session.
All in all, another awesome night of Petra. Can't wait to do it again!
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Wish I could have been there.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

SIGH

Post by epdc » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:33 pm

SO DO I :D
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:27 pm

So did you get your picture taken with the guys? Autographs? I've always wanted to have my picture taken with Bob and John.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

DAVID

Post by epdc » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:59 pm

One day you will ... :D and I`ll add it to my album...
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

pics

Post by gman » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:40 pm

my wife got a picture with John, and we snapped a few pics of Bob. The guys were kinda scattered apart so it would have been difficultt to get a picture with all of them, unless we wanted to wait around till after midnite. Not when we had to drive more than an hour to get home.
0 x

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

all hit mine first counsel somebody's open stand

Post by seichu kaisho » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:44 am

I think their set list is all right but they could probably exchange "Lord I Lift" and "Noise We Make" with praise songs from The Rock Cries Out instead.

Gman, did they actually do the entire song "This Means War" by itself, or did they include it in the medley like they usually do?

Do they still play "Praying Man" at concerts?

I remember someone saying that they played "All Fired Up" when they toured with the Acquire the Fire program a couple years ago. That song is concert-perfect!
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Noise

Post by Michael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:58 am

You may not be blown away by "The Noise We Make" on the CD, but live it will melt your face off. Trust me... it's VERY effective in concert!
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]