What's gonna happen when Petra breaks up?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
blod6ett
Pethead
Pethead

never...

Post by blod6ett » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:18 am

Never; Petra never gonna die. Believe or not. in fact, they have more power than ever; maybe, in the last of cases, the will transform in a kind of unseen power captures in time around all the Petheads... What you think about this?
0 x
My wife and I, AND MY NEW BORN BABY have a really love: the lord Jesus!

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Long Live Petra!

Post by Susannah » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Doesn't it say in the Bible to take every though captive? Well this is one we should take captive and get rid of the key.
Amen to that, Debbie!
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:17 pm

I don't think Petra is going to break up. Period.

The question really is... who will they hand the torch to when they are ready pack it in.

The way I see it, "bands" come and go. Ministries have much more reason to continue with different leadership when changes need to be made.

You know, even secular bands can pull it off and exist with NO original membership. I have noticed this before, but since I've been away from secular music, I can't recall for sure who they are, but they are out there.

If you stop and think about it, when Bob left the "touring" Petra, there technically were NO original members left. John and Louie were the only consistent faces from "No Doubt" until "Jekyll & Hyde", and even they were preceded by many players who had been in Petra spanning several years before their time (seven or eight years prior before Louie joined?).

Rather than lay down the torch, I see Bob passing it on to another generation when the Lord directs it. Hopefully, it won't be for a long time to come.
0 x

eknock
Pethead
Pethead

rocking in heaven

Post by eknock » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 pm

I just have a feeling that Petra will never end. We might have a slight pause when all the guys die, but they will be rocking forever in heaven :D And even if they do take a break in heaven there will be a reunion tour every billion years so it all will be cool :D
0 x

eknock
Pethead
Pethead

lu

Post by eknock » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:30 pm

and I also have a feelign that Louie might rejoin the band some time on the other side. Wouldn't be awesome to see all the one time Petra members perform at once? :D
0 x

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

My thinking...

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:22 pm

I think what will happen is Jesus will come back first, then we won't have to worry about Petra quitting in our time. :wink:
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Why would the community have to disperse? Last time I checked, there was still a thriving community of Beatles fans, and the the Beatles broke up almost 30 years ago!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

THEY BROKE UP????

Post by epdc » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:20 pm

Just kidding.

Even if they band brokes up (touching wood) and will not, at least not in a long time, it doesn`t mean we will stop posting here. If you check carefully, you`ll see that we are like a family. As you can see, yeah, we talk about Petra but we also pray for each other and share good news and bad news, some of us have met in person ya know.

Would you guys stop being friends because your favorite band breaks up?.

The petrazone doesn`t depend of the band, but of us. The zone will keep going as long we keep coming...

And Petra, Petra is a ministry more than a band, I don`t think Petra will finish forever, as someone said, the torch will pass to someone else and will be ablessing to many people. God wouldn`t bring the guys this far for nothing.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

why

Post by executioner » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:45 pm

Why are we talking about this? We are getting everybody depress. :cry:
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

blod6ett
Pethead
Pethead

Ehehehehe

Post by blod6ett » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:20 pm

We been seen the wrong point of view of that question: Petra never gonna breaks up. THEY ARE GONNA GO IN TOUR TO HEAVEN. Waiting for us...
0 x
My wife and I, AND MY NEW BORN BABY have a really love: the lord Jesus!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:36 pm

Finally someone with common sense!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios