Greg X Volz to release TWO CD's!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Greg X Volz to release TWO CD's!

Post by brent » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:56 am

I assume that it is ok to relay this. He didn't tell me not to.

He mentioned that there will be two new CD's ready to release in about two weeks, so lets guess and say by the seconf week of May to be safe.

Go to www.gregxvolz.com to get the latest updates.

Have a day!
Brent
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Hmmmm.........

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:45 am

Any word on what kind of CDs they might be? Rock, pop, more praise CDs or something else?
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 am

Yes to all.
0 x

Auspet
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Auspet » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:16 pm

Alright!!!!! :D Can't wait to hear them!
0 x
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

e5c4p3artist
Pethead
Pethead

Post by e5c4p3artist » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:01 pm

Well, it looks like they've been released now. Sort of.

"No Greater Love" is his best regular album since 1991. Get it.

And "In God's Presence" is the praise and worship-y one. It's not bad - definitely better than the trio he released in 1998-99.

When I say it is released *sort of* - I mean that he is selling them at his concerts, but they are CD-Rs that are obviously being self-produced. Even the artwork is done by printing on a regular printer. The sound quality is good though. I don't know if they're available anywhere other than his venues or not.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

ODD

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:58 pm

It's funny that nothing ever came of this on his website. You'd think he'd want to give more exposer than just at his concerts.

I'm sure there are quite a few of us who love to get a copy of the new album.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

lucydog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucydog » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:51 pm

I actually called GXV's 800 number listed at the bottom of his webpage yesterday morning after I heard about the No Greater Love Cd. I wanted to see if I could get it from there. Barbara (I assume this is Greg's wife) answered and said that the CD is available for sale, and it is a pre-production version. I guess everything's done but the final pressings. She said they were aiming for an October 4th release date at the Petra Reunion. At the time I talked with her, nothing had come up on this list yet, and I had no idea that there was going to be a reunion show. I was sort of in a quiet shock for a while, so I kind of stammered around and asked "Petra reunion?" She then explained what was going on... that Greg was going to come back for this concert/taping along with other former members of Petra. Supremely cool. Anyway, call the 800 number on GXV's website, and you can order the new CDs over the phone.
0 x

e5c4p3artist
Pethead
Pethead

Post by e5c4p3artist » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:24 pm

In addition to the album cover scans I posted on my website a few days ago, I have added some sample mp3s of the songs on the "No Greater Love" CD. It is quite bluesy, which is a sound I love. In any case, it sounds like lucydog found a way to lay hands on this CD, which is a good thing....actually make that a GREAT thing!

And if you want to "try before you buy" you can check out the samples on my site, the Guthrie Home. When you get there, go into the Entertainment Room to find the clips.

"No Greater Love" and "Could It Be?" are becoming my particular favorites. Make sure you listen to the entire "No Greater Love" clip so you don't miss the blues-riff guitar solo - kind of brings Pink Floyd to mind actually, if you like that sort of thing.
0 x