After Petra who?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sat May 28, 2005 10:18 pm

Michael, more specifics please? Maybe I'm not looking for it, or maybe you've seen a different album cover, but I don't see the blatant profanity.

Don't get me wrong, profanity is never defensible, but I just don't see it.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

The....

Post by Shell » Sun May 29, 2005 8:41 pm

Hehe. Nope, Bill, I don't think it should be, but I didn't start the grammer discussion in the other thread. I simply responded to a question. :D

Okay, so I'm picky. :P
0 x

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by SkyCaptain » Sun May 29, 2005 9:13 pm

Susannah -- have you already heard the new Stryper record? No fair! :D
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Michael » Mon May 30, 2005 7:05 am

Jonathan wrote:Michael, more specifics please? Maybe I'm not looking for it, or maybe you've seen a different album cover, but I don't see the blatant profanity.
That would be because it's not there... I mentioned the wrong CD. :) It's actually the "blender" CD, and it's not actually on the front of the CD... if you take the disc out of the case, there's a picture under it, and one of the band members has a shirt that says, with letters in the "KISS" font, "KICK A**." And in the song "Vent" there is a line, "I love ya 'cause you're such a prick." Admittedly that's a VERY mild profanity, but it's still not the kind of expression you'd generally use in polite company, and it's just disappointing to me because Collective Soul had always been, in my opinion, a band that you could feel comfortable listening to with anybody. The lyrics have always been almost squeaky clean, even when talking about very unhappy subjects.

Not really a big deal; just disappointing. Thank God Petra would NEVER do anything like that in the name of self-expression!
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Jonathan
#1 Album: More Power To Ya

Post by Jonathan » Mon May 30, 2005 8:40 am

Yeah, I was disappointed with the Blender disc in that aspect. I loved the music on it though, in spite of "Vent." Up through Dosage, CS was generally uplifting. Their new one, Youth, is a return to being a lot more positive, and easier to reconcile. That is, with the exception of the cover (again).
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue May 31, 2005 9:03 am

John Schlitt solo album
I was WAITING for someone to write that! :wink:
0 x

petrarocksA2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarocksA2 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:42 am

I didn't know there was anybody but Petra :D
0 x

Historymaker
Pethead
Pethead

As usual...

Post by Historymaker » Tue May 31, 2005 10:29 am

Thanks for the plug, Shell...

PS... it's actually 'An Kainos'...

Okay, not really.

Hope everyone is having a really cool week...
0 x
Want to be in the music industry? Get in.
www.burnlounge.com/soundtrax4life (click on 'watch the commercial')

www.myspace.com/ryansoria

petrarocksA2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarocksA2 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:35 am

I am excited about the new Stryper CD :D :!:
0 x

petra4ever
Pethead
Pethead

I'll listen to...

Post by petra4ever » Tue May 31, 2005 9:07 pm

Petra mostly, especially JAH.
I'll take a hiatus when the new Stryper comes out.
Then back to Petra, the month leading up to a Farewell concert -- hopefully in Texas. (Reverse of what I did in 2003:
-JAH came out in August, after which I listened to it to my heart's content
-listened to mostly Stryper a month before their Nov 1 concert in Ft. Worth and a few weeks after it-listening to JAH some).
-switched back to JAH

I may buy the Guardian CD, depending on when it comes out, or maybe later on down the road.
0 x

petrarocksA2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarocksA2 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:39 am

When does the new Guardian CD come out? I will definetely buy it. I am a big Guardian fan :D
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetfanInCt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:09 pm

Petra is still my favorite and will be listening to them continously. The only other bands I like are Whitecross, Day Of Fire and Kutless.

I'm really looking forward to Whitecrosses re-recorded self-titled debut release..and equally looking forward to thier new full length album....
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:12 pm

Whitecross is really putting out new stuff? Wow, that's cool, will have to get it. I only have "In the Kingdom" and "High Gear" and they are pretty good.

I'll probably still continue to listen to Petra albums more than anything else.
0 x

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Until my brain fries out

Post by seichu kaisho » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:15 pm

I mainly will keep on listenin g to petra , Stryper, and the first five U2 albums (1980 - 87). Often I tune into oldies and classic rock stations, for more variety when I'm tired of hearing the same old Petra and Struper stuff. I used to listen to my Def Leppard cd's quite a bit, but I haven't in a long time, because despite how great their music sounds, I don't like what they sing about.

I look forward to hearing Until My Heart Caves In from Audio A, but I'm worried it might be more wimpy, watered-down stuff just like Lift and Worldwide (ugh :x ) Man, I hope Audio A makes a comeback to REAL ROCK like Petra did.

I've heard parts of Devotion by the Newsboys - it's not too bad.

If U2 comes out with new albums, I doubt I'm gonna buy them. How to Dismantle was really disappointing :x and a waste of my money. U2 hasn't impressed me much since the 90's. I hear a lot of people really like How to Dismantle, but to me, it's just boring and doesn't break any new musical ground.

I'm gettin' into Latino stuff. I have the cd "Eres Todopoderoso" by Danilo Montero (a Hispanic worship artist) and it sounds great. Also, I like to listen to the ranchero dude Vicente Fern�ndez. �Ol�!

Lastly, I think I should order some Weird Al stuff from the Internet. That guy cracks me up SO much!!
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

collective soul

Post by superfly » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:15 am

I agree with you guys on CS...I think their best lyrics are on Disciplined Breakdown...especially the song Forgiveness. Ed Rowland amazed me with that album. I have all of the albums since that one, but in my opinion they don't measure up to it lyrically.
0 x