CONCERT UPDATES?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

CONCERT UPDATES?

Post by executioner » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:03 am

Anyone on here attend any of the concert dates this past week? If so it would be good to see any concert reviews from any of the shows.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

recent

Post by Michael » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:15 am

0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:13 am

I wouldn't mind an update from Minneapolis folks. I couldn't get out of work last night to see it. Ironically, yesterday was the day I found out I got another job...a day job. :)
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:52 pm

Ask me just over three weeks from now.

Me and at least two others going to the Calgary concert!!!! WOOHOO!!
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:01 pm

I was at the Winnipeg show. It of course rocked (as if there would be any doubt). Some of the songs they played (especially in the medleys) were surprising to me-in a good way-Mine Field!! I Am on The Rock!
About the only song I would've liked them to play (but they didn't) was my fave, God Gave Rock and Roll to You. I hope they bring it back on the 4th.

We did have to wait a long time afterwards to get autographs...ah worth it, I got Bob's addy so I can send him his artist's book when it's done (and yeah I consider it 'his' :P)
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

PALOS HILLS, IL

Post by JMBJR72 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:17 am

The guys were AWESOME! They touch almost every album. By the end I was in tears. PETRA THANK YOU
0 x

skayc1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by skayc1 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:44 am

There is one in NC on the 6th , and I am off on that day, however, I have to work the next day starting at 9 am, and the drive to the concert is a 3 hour drive. soooo I have not decided wether to try to go, plus I would not have anybody to go with, and dont like the idea of driving back from that far away at night.
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:35 am

When I saw them in ME on 9/24 the mellow medly was really cool. They did alot of stuff like For Annie, Love, No Doubt, Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows, More Poer To Ya, Road to Zion and Greg played the Chello. It's was awsome. They did a lot of stuff from No Doubt. I love that album. Enter In rocked, Think Twice. Great stuff.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

Club3Degrees, Minneapolis 10-1

Post by toolman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 pm

Hey everyone, I know its been forever since I posted, but I saw the post asking about Minneapolis.

The concert at Club3Degrees in Minneapolis was great! The place was packed and was a great set up for a concert with an open floor in front of the stage and balcony all around looking down on the stage. It is a smaller intimate venue, but because there is no seating in front of the stage, a lot of people can fit in there.

Anyway, the sound system was great (except for the glitch on Petra's second song when they lost all vocals). The three opening acts were all good, but it was too long.

Overall I'd rank it among the best concerts I've been to, and I loved the two medleys of older songs (one accoustic). They hit on a lot of greats like The Coloring Song.
0 x
II Cron. 7:14

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:53 am

I'll post a review of the Minneapolis concert before the end of the day.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic