Will this be a double CD?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:48 am

never say never Brent. John said he would never share a stage with Greg either but....... God can do what he wants to do. It's really up to Him no matter what a record company says. :)
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

callbeyond
Pethead
Pethead

Maturity

Post by callbeyond » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:15 am

I think it shows maturity, and humbleness. I mean John has been the lead singer for 20 years! Greg left...now Petra is retiring...there should be no ill feelings with anybody. Personally I think the Petheads needed to see that take place....though we never thought it would. Now what really would have been GOOD is that Louie should have been there.
0 x
God Bless!
Taking The Call,
Kevin Barnett
www.callbeyondmusic.com
"NO DEFIANCE....JUST GOD RELIANCE!"

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:35 am

I agree it would have been nice to see Louie. I really pray that rift can be healed.
0 x

callbeyond
Pethead
Pethead

Louie

Post by callbeyond » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:36 am

Yep...what's he doing now days anyway??
0 x
God Bless!
Taking The Call,
Kevin Barnett
www.callbeyondmusic.com
"NO DEFIANCE....JUST GOD RELIANCE!"

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:45 am

I don't know if all of the old long form Petra videos will ever make it onto DVD, but I thought of something the might be cool to include as a bonus disc with the Farewell DVD. How about a disc will all of Petra's individual concept videos.

I recently bought a 'best of' CD by one of my favourite bands, Sloan. The bonus DVD with it had all of their videos and even live footage of the songs on the disc. It was worth the price of buying the best of disc right there.

So yeah, how about a disc with all of Petra's song videos. Here's the list of them as I know it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Beat the System
Whole World
All Fired Up (sort of)
Mine Field
First Love
Defector
Counsel of the Holy
Who Do You Listen To?
Armed and Dangerous
I Am On the Rock
Creed
Beyond Belief
Love
Seen and Not Heard
Our Turn Now (well, technically that's Carman)
Destiny
Who's On the Lord's Side
I Need To Hear From You
Dance
Sight Unseen
In the Likeness of You
Midnight Oil
Just Reach Out
Think Twice

I'd be completely satisfied to get a DVD like that!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Louie

Post by brent » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:53 am

callbeyond wrote:Yep...what's he doing now days anyway??
Louie:

www.louieweaverministries.com

www.viktorband.com

Currently managed by Rick Adams at Image3 in FL

Currently working on a self/indie labeled, self funded CD, produced and engineered by John Lawry.

Currently working driving tour busses for his pal and bandmate (if I recall the relationship correctly).
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:55 am

WR1U wrote:never say never Brent. John said he would never share a stage with Greg either but....... God can do what he wants to do. It's really up to Him no matter what a record company says. :)
Let's not put to much emphasis on God in Christian music or the marketplace. Nobody else does when they are conducting business. Those of you in the know will think that to be spot on and funny. Those not in the know...well, it's a dog eat dog world, and Christian artists that are REAL are wearing milkbone underwear. This is why bands like Petra are excluded, and crap like, well....listen to the radio and pick one....stays on the air.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:16 am

Milkbone underwear...That's an interesting concept. :D It's sad things are that way. I miss the days when CCM was more about ministry and not about surviving in a dog eat dog atmosphere. That's what happens when someone is trying to serve two masters.
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:03 pm

Well Jesus did say the world will hate us like it hated him. If the world praises what you are doing for God then you aren't doing it right. Satan will never stop trying to stop the good stuff God is doing but if your will ing to compromise than the world will love you. I think that may be the case with groups like Petra. IMO.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:47 pm

WR1U wrote:Well Jesus did say the world will hate us like it hated him. If the world praises what you are doing for God then you aren't doing it right. Satan will never stop trying to stop the good stuff God is doing but if your will ing to compromise than the world will love you. I think that may be the case with groups like Petra. IMO.
I agree, but let's consider what the "world" is. The "world" is the combination of all who are opposed to Christ. I do believe (because I know some people like this) that there is a huge grey area that are not opposed to Christ, are certainly moral, appreciate civil justice, etc. They are those who may not have heard the gospel yet, or may be turned off by fundamental buzz saws they see on TV.

Satan is only threatened by those doing the most damage against him, standing in Heaven now, accusing us all.
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:06 pm

I think Petra falls into that category. Just think how much damage Satan has suffered because of Petra's ministry in the last 33 years. :)
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: i

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:18 am

executioner wrote:I've been hoping for that, but haven't seen any info to that nature. It really doesn't cost that much more to put together a double CD.
Not that that's ever stopped distributors from sticking the consumer with double the price.
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:09 pm

Moral non-christians usually oppose Christ more than the immoral-they insist they can be good while hating God. We begin to have these types of problems (dog-eat-dog and other ungodly mentalities) when we begin to compromise with them.

But as for the DVD thing-I think it would be totally cool to put all the singles on to a DVD-I think I would probably buy it. Heck, I just want something. :)
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: i

Post by brent » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
executioner wrote:I've been hoping for that, but haven't seen any info to that nature. It really doesn't cost that much more to put together a double CD.
Not that that's ever stopped distributors from sticking the consumer with double the price.
The average cost for a band to sell to a distributor is around $3.60 to $5.oo for CDs and DVDs. Then they sell it to retailers for about 10-15% above that. That $3.60 to $5.00 has to cover the band's production costs, union and non union musician expenses, writer royalties, publishing royalties, manufacturing, etc. Obviously, the more sold, the better the chance to break even.

It isn't the distributor's fault. They are the ones that basically dictate the price of the CDs and DVDs, based on what retailers need to pay. The prices reflect returns, no returns, time on the shelf, etc. Nationally, the prices are about the same for all Christian artists, atleast if you are selling to the big two distributors that own all of the others.

The retailers want to be able to make money, even if the CD is in the bargain bin. Nothing wrong with that. They have to make money. If your band isn't generating money today, then they do not want your product on their shelves, because that is space that could be used for other hot sellers.

The fact is that people only buy concert DVDs, if there is more footage than a standard issue CD. This does not include medleys. There has to be a reason to buy it. Petra has many reasons now. Before Greg, John and all of the quitting hooplah, they really didn't have anything that was going to draw.

The other fact is that concert DVD sales have all but stalled. So this is risky for everyone.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:52 am

BriGuyPEI wrote:I don't know if all of the old long form Petra videos will ever make it onto DVD, but I thought of something the might be cool to include as a bonus disc with the Farewell DVD. How about a disc will all of Petra's individual concept videos.

I recently bought a 'best of' CD by one of my favourite bands, Sloan. The bonus DVD with it had all of their videos and even live footage of the songs on the disc. It was worth the price of buying the best of disc right there.

So yeah, how about a disc with all of Petra's song videos. Here's the list of them as I know it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Beat the System
Whole World
All Fired Up (sort of)
Mine Field
First Love
Defector
Counsel of the Holy
Who Do You Listen To?
Armed and Dangerous
I Am On the Rock
Creed
Beyond Belief
Love
Seen and Not Heard
Our Turn Now (well, technically that's Carman)
Destiny
Who's On the Lord's Side
I Need To Hear From You
Dance
Sight Unseen
In the Likeness of You
Midnight Oil
Just Reach Out
Think Twice

I'd be completely satisfied to get a DVD like that!
Also "Enter in"
0 x