hold on, now...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
CanaMat
Pethead
Pethead

hold on, now...

Post by CanaMat » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:53 am

I should probably go to bed 'cause I'm gonna get zinged for this one, but....

No money = NO MINISTRY! Why do you think churches take up offerings? To feed the poor? Sorry, wrong fairytale. God used money throughout the Bible as one of the greatest blessings for man. Actually, I once heard that it is talked about more than salvation. God always talks about wealth because he knows that you can't carry the Gospel to the world by just praying about it. Faith without works is dead. Even in the order of things we learned that:

1) God
2) Family
3) Job
4) Church/Ministries.

Number 3 is about $$$$

Now anybody can read into this and say that I'm trying to say that if you don't have money you can't minister. Obviously I'm not saying that, but if you want Petra to be the ministry that you remembered... ...it's gonna take a lot of money.

I'm only saying this because many people think that Petra should just go ahead and do any show that comes their way because someone there just might - get - saved. What if God doesn't want Petra to be the vessel for that particular show? Perhaps that same night, Greg Bailey was supposed to buy some chips at the corner store and end up leading the clerk to God. That clerk might end up as an evangelist and lead thousands to God. Who knows?! The important thing is to be where you know God wants you to be - not where people think you should be. Don't play God, it's waaaaaay to hard of a job! Once again, 'nite.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:28 am

But you are right

In the case of BRAZIL, Bob and Petra want to return and sponsor theirselves. But there is nothing ok...Please, you are not there where the show did not happen. I am surprised with PETRA'S BEHAVIOUR. THEY ARE REALLY BELIEVERS and show this to all the world!

Thay want to do this because of many non-believers that were there in that sad day...

Plase, pray! we are trying to get money and help Petra.

Blessings
Artur
0 x
Be happy

CanaMat
Pethead
Pethead

Yeah, but...

Post by CanaMat » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:07 am

I agree about the love of money thing, but that's not the case here. It's not about the money. It's about responsibility. It would irresponsible to Bob and John's families to take a show 'just because'. Now I don't know ALL the facts about the Dallas show, but does anybody REALLY know? Who isn't directly involved? Petra are either money-grubbing slobs or responsible businessmen that have a job/ministry to do. I don't believe it's the first one. Cut them a little more slack. It's not easy being them. 'Morning.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Mismanagement

Post by Michael » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:24 am

Thing is, there has been way too much evidence pointing toward the conclusion that someone in Petra's camp is not handling things well, that shows that did not "have" to be cancelled for financial reasons, WERE cancelled "for financial reasons." That's not stewardship; that's mismanagement, and by using that term I am not trying to point fingers at "management." I'm saying that if a show was cancelled but the excuse doesn't hold water, then it means someone is dishonest or incompetent. There's no other conclusion I can think of. If it had just been one or two times it would be one thing, but I've heard of far more instances than have been posted here. Generally they just never get off the ground in the first place, instead of like these last two actually being publicized and then don't happen.

Why would a CD with as much fan support as this one is having not be getting tour dates? Do you REALLY think there is nobody willing to put up enough money to make sure four or five guys can get to their town, for goodness sakes? The rider information I saw a year or two ago didn't even require the promoter to ship Petra's instruments... just their physical persons. Instruments, lights, etc. were to be provided by the promoter.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

ANYWAYS

Post by epdc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:24 pm

I think Mat said a good post. Sometimes we get mad and think sometimes "this is all about money", well, not all the times, there`s people who really wanna minister but reality is that money is needed to do those things sometimes. And that doesn`t have to take away the ministry idea ya know.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:47 pm

Who said it was on Petras end were things didn't work out? We do not know so it is not going to do anyone any good to sit and talk about. Thak a deep breath and let God handle it.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

PetraFounder
Pethead
Pethead

simma donna

Post by PetraFounder » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:39 am

Wow. I've been lurking here a little and you guys...Maybe I can shed some light on this Dallas show thing before it snowballs into Petra=anathema. I talked to Russell myself. The concert was added rather late and the decision to postpone was mutual given that he had only sold 15 tickets. We are looking to try again in the Spring.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Thank you Mr. Hartman

Post by cvs2kids » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:15 am

:(

My soul, I've been looking at these and thinking that its the Anti-Petra board.

Anyway, from the horses mouth (so to speak).
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

jasonf
Pethead
Pethead

Dallas

Post by jasonf » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:32 am

Bob
Thanks for the Honest Truth about Dallas. We all apreciate the post on this subject.
Thanks Again
Jason
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Dallas...

Post by Shell » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:46 am

This is why I keep saying be careful about what you say on the Internet folks. Thanks for your post Bob.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Thanks

Post by Michael » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:49 am

Thanks Bob. I hope you know... I'm sure you do... that just about everybody here just wants to see Petra doing what we believe in our hearts it can do for the Kingdom of God. In fact, if you've been around you've seen what happens to people we see as hostile to Petra... WHEW! :)

Thanks for clearing the air on this one. We know you didn't have to take your time to do so.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

pethead
Pethead
Pethead

re

Post by pethead » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:57 am

Hey Bob...thanks for posting. I'm sorry if I have seemed a little upset about the Dallas thing. I am one of Petra's biggest fans. I purchased 2 of those 15 tickets that were sold, and I was so excited to be seeing Petra for the first time after over 20 years of listening to them. I understand your situation, and I will definitely buy tickets again if you guys are able to come out. God bless you and Petra!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:30 pm

See guys, I told you to not make jokes about Bob because he is there...and he is watching :shock: :D
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:03 pm

Remember that song that Bette Midler sang about Mister Hartman?

Bob is watching us...
Bob is watching us...
Bob is watching us from a distance...

Thank you for visiting, Bob! I'm sure everyone else is as happy as I am to know that you're checking in from time to time. :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Some thoughts...

Post by Shell » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:20 pm

Guys, there is nothing wrong with having a discussion; there's nothing wrong with being upset about something and wondering what's going on. It's what you do with that where right and wrong becomes an issue. A lot of the reason things get out of hand here sometimes (and this last topic was actually reasonably civil compared to some discussions we've had in the past :shock:) is because people tend to jump to conclussions and have to have someone to blame when they don't know all the circumstances. That's why I'll usually jump in at some point and say be careful about what you post. Some good things to remember are not to post something you wouldn't want people to say about you, assume you don't know all the circumstances and that you never know who might be reading all this.

If you need to blow off steam, go into your back yard and yell and hope your neighbors aren't home, write stuff down in a notebook, tear it up when you feel better and forget about it, or if all else fails, bug Sue. Hahahahaha. Just kidding. :D
0 x