The 2 Songs not on the Washes Whiter Than CD

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

The 2 Songs not on the Washes Whiter Than CD

Post by js3971 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:14 pm

I was looking at the lyrics to Petra, Come and Join Us, and Washes Whiter Than albums because I've been listening to those CDs in my car lately and I don't know all of the words. But I noticed that the 2 songs that they left of of the Washes Whiter Than CD were both written by Rob Frazier. Is this just a coincedence or was there a reason behind that? I don't want to start any goofy controversy or anything. I just found it interesting.
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

NEVER MIND PLEASE!

Post by js3971 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm

The only controversy might be if I'm on my rocker or not right now. I looked again and noticed also that two other songs that were included on the CD, Mary's Song and Morning Star (a good song), were also written by Rob Frazier. So never mind to my previous post.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:53 am

I have wondered the same thing at times, as to why those songs were left off. I think it had to do with combining WWT with Never Say Die on the cassette/CD... like they had to leave something off in order to fit everything else on.

On a side note, I seem to remember (without researching it at the moment) that Rob Frazier sang several songs from WWT, including "Mary's Song". For the longest time, I had trouble distinguishing Rob's voice from Greg's, since they both carry that "trained" sound. I'm pretty sure that Rob sang all the songs he wrote on the album. Can anyone verify that?
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:19 pm

LexingtonPethead wrote:I have wondered the same thing at times, as to why those songs were left off. I think it had to do with combining WWT with Never Say Die on the cassette/CD... like they had to leave something off in order to fit everything else on.
Yeah, a CD can only hold 80 minutes worth of material, so there was no way they could squeeze two complete albums onto one CD. I still think that is one of the most lame-brained things Starsong did.
I'm pretty sure that Rob sang all the songs he wrote on the album. Can anyone verify that?
Yes, I believe that's right. My recollection is that he sang the majority of the songs on the album.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

WWT

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:23 am

I've always wished there were a compete accounting of exactly who sang what on that album, but one thing I can tell is that Rob and Greg sang together on a lot of it. Even on many of the leads which I think were being sung by Rob, Greg was doing harmonies. The blending on their voices made it often sound more like Greg than Rob as I think Greg's voice is has a stronger presence.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:50 am

So I wonder if at any point during that time if Rob was actually considered to be Petra's "lead" singer and Greg as the fill-in?

I've always wondered what Rob's role was during that time and why it was so short-lived. He had a great voice and made excellent contributions to the band music-wise.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Rob

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:53 am

Well, I've e-mailed Rob with about a half a dozen questions. Hopefully, he'll be kind enough to answer them. If you want to hear something he's done more recently follow the link below.

http://www.robfrazier.net/things-song.html
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Yeah I knew it was time constraints

Post by js3971 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:38 pm

I knew the reason they left 2 songs (any 2 songs) off was because of the time factor. I agree too that it was quite lamebrained. Or perhaps they could have offered each album as one CD. When first looking at the lyrics on the other site, I thought that maybe they had left those 2 particular songs off for a specific reason. But after seeing that Rob Frazier had other songs that were included, there seemed to be no reasoning behind why those two particular songs were deleted as compared to two other songs.
0 x

e5c4p3artist
Pethead
Pethead

Post by e5c4p3artist » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:16 pm

I was pretty disappointed when I found that those two songs were never released on CD. I did my best to get clean versions from the cassette digitized for my own pleasure though.

If anyone needs digital copies of those two songs, they can be had HERE.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Rob

Post by Jonathan » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:17 am

Preacherman777 wrote:Well, I've e-mailed Rob with about a half a dozen questions. Hopefully, he'll be kind enough to answer them.
Let us know if you hear back?
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

drcoolguy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by drcoolguy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:28 am

Kirkman wrote:Yeah, a CD can only hold 80 minutes worth of material, so there was no way they could squeeze two complete albums onto one CD. I still think that is one of the most lame-brained things Starsong did.
That's not entirely accurate. Depending on compression rates and recording processes more than 80 minutes can be and often are put on CDs.

Consumer CD-Rs are for the most part limited to approximately 80 minutes to serve the best combination of stability in the format and recording process with durability of a recordable disc.

But yes, I believe the two songs were cut for time, which is too bad, but I have been able to find mp3 versions online a couple times.
0 x
[img]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2153/petrasig0gb.jpg[/img]