I got the Farewell CD!!!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
drcoolguy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by drcoolguy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:22 am

I recommend both of the last two albums. I wasn't even tired of Wire by the time Wherever You Are came out. :)
0 x
[img]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2153/petrasig0gb.jpg[/img]

crossways
Pethead
Pethead

Post by crossways » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:30 pm

calicowriter wrote: What WAS a surprise, and quite funny, is that when John Lawry started his "Jesus Loves You" solo, our cats went nuts! They were freaked out. They kept twitching their ears and looking at each other worriedly. It was a riot. I'm sure John L would be so proud! :lol:
How odd! My 22 month old son and wife and I were jamming out to the cd in the car the other night. Now Eric, my son, loves Petra --anything rock and roll! (thats - a mah boy! :wink: )

But when John L.'s solo came on it freaked him out! (maybe the munchkin voices) He cried and cried - we had to changed tracks!
0 x
I KNOW my Redeemer lives!
- Job
www.crimsontruth.com/Forum.htm
www.crimsontruth.com

petrarocksA2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarocksA2 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:00 am

I got mine yesterday in the mail. The CD rocks. I am going to take a shower and listen to it right now.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:57 pm

I personally think this is one of the best if not the best live cd I've ever heard. The production quality is top notch. I mean I'm no expert but I know what my ears hear.

Man the live versions of my favorite songs on this cd are great, better than the studio versions.

Bob's guitar work well its all been said before. Paul Simmons is a great drummer man, Greg what a bass player he is and last but certainly not least Johns vocals great..and Greg Volz great as well and John Lawry what a keyboardist he is man...I love this cd...

In Christ

Rich
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am

Ever since calicowriter's comment about her cat's going crazy at the sound of John Lawry's solo, I've been driving around town and picking up cats off the street and forcing them to listen to the solo. It works every time. The cat goes crazy, and then I release it to cause havoc in its neighborhood. Too much fun I tell you. But now there's a newspaper article today about a strange man forcing cats to listen to rock music. I've got the humane society after me now. They came to my door earlier, and when they entered my house, I turned up "Friends" really loud, causing them to go crazy. I then opened the door and they went to cause havoc in their homes and neighborhoods. So now, I'm off to find more cats.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:57 am

js3971 wrote:Ever since calicowriter's comment about her cat's going crazy at the sound of John Lawry's solo, I've been driving around town and picking up cats off the street and forcing them to listen to the solo. It works every time. The cat goes crazy, and then I release it to cause havoc in its neighborhood. Too much fun I tell you. But now there's a newspaper article today about a strange man forcing cats to listen to rock music. I've got the humane society after me now. They came to my door earlier, and when they entered my house, I turned up "Friends" really loud, causing them to go crazy. I then opened the door and they went to cause havoc in their homes and neighborhoods. So now, I'm off to find more cats.
You have way too much time on your hands.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 pm

it's my day off or the continuance of my Thanksgiving holiday. My wife had to work today. Our adopted son isn't here yet. Yep, I've got way too much time on my hands.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:34 pm

I'm laughing my head off, those poor cats. :lol: That's too funny.
0 x

PJ
Pethead
Pethead

Doug Pinnick and Jerry Gaskill

Post by PJ » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Comments on Pinnick earlier, I heard almost one time the lineup for Petra was going to be Greg Volz, Bob Hartman, Doug Pinnick and Jerry Gaskill on drums, Greg wanted to base the band in Missouri and if they would of moved there instead of Nashville, Doug and Jerry would have been in Petra, Pretty Unreal, Huhb

On a different comment, I ordeed my Cd right away when it was first able to be ordered and did not receive it yet, anybody else in the same boat?
0 x

leonardo d.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Not Of This World
Pethead since: 2003

Post by leonardo d. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:34 pm

I picked up a copy today at Wal-Mart if I could put the Farewell CD in one word.................ITSAWESOME!!!!!! :!:
0 x
Will you be there when the big door swings open?

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:28 pm

I hope nobody took me that seriously on my previous posts about the cats. I would never do that to defenseless animals. Now if the animals had defenses, like say a machine gun, tank, or really sharp claws or something, then I would do it.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:59 pm

I don't think anyone took it seriously. The idea that something on a CD would be freaking out the poor things was a funny concept. I've heard of fireworks upsetting dogs and cats, but not something on a CD.
0 x

axelegend
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 2001

Post by axelegend » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:29 pm

js3971 wrote:I hope nobody took me that seriously on my previous posts about the cats.
I appreciated your humor, and I doubt anyone actually took your comments seriously. Thanks for the laughs!

By the way, our cats were not even phased by the Petra CD, although one of them takes off running when a CD with a lot of bottom end (such as the awesome Petra: Farewell) is played - probably because she is afraid of the vibrations caused by the subwoofer.
Shell wrote:The idea that something on a CD would be freaking out the poor things was a funny concept. I've heard of fireworks upsetting dogs and cats, but not something on a CD.
[Forewarning: This will only work if you have pet that are afraid of thunderstorms - otherwise, it will not work.] Here is something to try: take a trip to any local CD store - they often carry "relaxation" CDs in the cheap aisle. Look for and buy any CDs that have thunderstorms on them, take them home and crank 'em pretty loud - they're especially effective through a surround sound system with a powerful subwoofer. :P
0 x
Christopher L. Bayda
baydamusic.com
facebook | twitter