Where can I find______?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
unlost
Pethead
Pethead

Where can I find______?

Post by unlost » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:25 pm

petra praise tracks-only CD
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:30 pm

More power to ya'. Such a beast does not exist.
0 x

unlost
Pethead
Pethead

OH YES

Post by unlost » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:26 pm

it does exist because not only have i read about it, i saw it in the store in 1990. however they were charging over $40 for it so i passed it up
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 pm

Well, if it cost $40 back in 1990, chances are it's a lot more than that now.

Whatever the case, there are more important things to argue about. :wink:
0 x

billM
Pethead
Pethead

Petra Praise Trax

Post by billM » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi, I actually have two of those in my Petra collection. I normally would never consider making a copy of a commercially available CD for anyone. I would just point you in a direction to find it for yourself, but chances are it would be quite tough. Last time I saw one on eBay I think it went for something like $60.00+ just for the CD not the sheet music books that it was originally packaged with. It was meant to be a youth group oriented package. If you want send me an email at [email protected] with your info and I'll get a copy off to you. (a CD-R one not one of my originals)

While on the subject of background trax, I am also interested in any other Petra backing trax that may be out there. I have a bunch on tape but I'm looking for anything that was posssibly put on CD.

Bill
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Sorry, for some reason I thought that you were asking for Petra Praise Two. There are two youth choir books, which were released on tape, record and CD. These are older, and the track listing is here:

Petra Youth Choir Collection, Vol. I
SIDE 1
Doxology/Praise Ye The Lord
Why Should The Father Bother?
Never Say Die
Not Of This World
More Power To Ya
Godpleaser
SIDE 2
Stand Up/Lift Him Up
The Coloring Song
Grave Robber
Not By Sight
Road To Zion

These tracks were not performed by the band entirely. So if you are expecting Petra sound, look elsewhere.

If you want Petra Praise II, then you will have to settle for individual tracks. They did not release the whole thing.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:50 am

Edward wrote:Sorry, for some reason I thought that you were asking for Petra Praise Two. There are two youth choir books, which were released on tape, record and CD. These are older, and the track listing is here:

SIDE 1
Never Say Die
Not Of This World
More Power To Ya
Godpleaser
SIDE 2
Stand Up/Lift Him Up
The Coloring Song
Grave Robber
Not By Sight
Road To Zion

These tracks were not performed by the band entirely. So if you are expecting Petra sound, look elsewhere.

If you want Petra Praise II, then you will have to settle for individual tracks. They did not release the whole thing.
Actually I think he is talking about Petra Praise 1. It was released in a package for an choir type program for youth groups. I remember because our youth choir performed it at our church and at several other churches in the area beack in 89-90. It came with the trax on cassette and CD along with 10 copies of PP1 and 20 or so song books.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:09 am

lowdEdward wrote:Sorry, for some reason I thought that you were asking for Petra Praise Two. There are two youth choir books, which were released on tape, record and CD. These are older, and the track listing is here:

SIDE 1
Never Say Die
Not Of This World
More Power To Ya
Godpleaser
SIDE 2
Stand Up/Lift Him Up
The Coloring Song
Grave Robber
Not By Sight
Road To Zion

yes I have seen this PP1 CD with no Vocals but it's now is very hard to find.
0 x

RediscoveredPetra
Pethead
Pethead

Post by RediscoveredPetra » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:24 pm

I know I've been hunting for Tracks as well. They are few and far between. Maybe someone should put a bug in StarSong's/Word's ear that a compilation CD of Split Track/Accompaniment only Tracks might sell well. Compared to some of their other compilation this would have some real value even for people who had all or nearly all the CD's

Jeremy
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Where can I find______?

Post by PetFCtr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm

unlost wrote:petra praise tracks-only CD
What does "tracks-only" mean?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:46 pm

It means instruments only, no vocals, so people can sing along with it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:50 am

It was released in a package for an choir type program for youth groups. I remember because our youth choir performed it at our church and at several other churches in the area beack in 89-90. It came with the trax on cassette and CD along with 10 copies of PP1 and 20 or so song books.
Yes, I have a variation of that package with the cassette tracks plus 10 song books. Picked it up at the Green Bay bookstore for $10 or so.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

exist

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:27 pm

Edward,

The one sitting on my CD shelf does exist. So do the other bazillion of them that were pressed and sold. They're mucho hard to come by these days, though... I think we got ours off eBay.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:59 pm

I was talking to morons then. When that album hit, I wanted the same thing. I called the powerless that be, and they told me themselves that they would not be releasing it. And of course, the Mardels and Lifeway's didn't stock it, and their coportae buyers knew nothing of it.

That burns me up. I had to sing some of those with crappy tracks as a result.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:21 pm

Edward wrote:I was talking to morons then. When that album hit, I wanted the same thing. I called the powerless that be, and they told me themselves that they would not be releasing it. And of course, the Mardels and Lifeway's didn't stock it, and their coportae buyers knew nothing of it.

That burns me up. I had to sing some of those with crappy tracks as a result.
It probably just made your voice stand out even more; I bet you did a fine job though.
0 x