Prayer And Fast for Petra: Tuesday

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

Prayer And Fast for Petra: Tuesday

Post by ctwomn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:55 am

Hey yall...

The Lord has really tugged at my heart about praying for Petra. This is a transition time from one beginning to the next. I know that God has wonderful things yet to come for them in the future. There are some amazing opportunities for them already.
Please also pray for Sue as she is in the beginning stages of booking for the year. Her heart is to help others and we need to lift her up as well. We also need to pray for the families and the financial situations. Praying that God will provide beyond what they need....that he would bring abundance to them. There are so many other things to pray for... but this can get us started!
I know that Sue and Sam will be doing this too. Just post here if you would like to pray too.

Thanks!
Cat
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

re

Post by epdc » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:51 pm

add me to the list cat :) I�ll be fasting and praying tomorrow.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 74CAPethead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Me too!

Psalm 88:2
0 x

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:06 pm

You can count on me!!!
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:16 pm

I'm in as well.

Please everyone, even if you can't participate in the fast, pray for open doors.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by reoracer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:10 pm

I can't fast, due to my marathon/ultramarathon training, but you can bet I'll pray!!!

Jen
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

AlwaysJohnLawryFan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by AlwaysJohnLawryFan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:25 pm

Can count on me praying and fasting. Petra is always in my prayers.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:17 am

Count me in as well. Read Isaiah 58 on fasting. Pretty interesting guidelines there. Let's do it according to God's will and if you don't know what to pray - use the scriptures to pray. His Word will not return void.

I'm so excited that we are doing this again. It was a good discipline that we did several years ago. Every third Thursday of the month. Anyone else remember that? That was during the REVIVAL release time.....
0 x

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jimmye4563 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:58 am

I'm in! :)
0 x
"You say you've walked ten thousand steps away, but don't you know that it's only one step back?"

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:37 am

Every third Thursday of the month. Anyone else remember that?
oh, yes I do! We had a lot of people participating at that time... in fact, I believe the prayer & fasting was done even BEFORE Revival... we also used to post daily prayers for Petra. That harkens back to the time when Petra was looking for a label and their very existance was in danger.

The Petheads have had a long history of praying for this band... and now that the band no longer exists, we need to focus on praying for the individuals and their future.

Thank you, Cat, for getting us all on board with this again.
0 x

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ctwomn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:54 am

You guys are so awesome.....It's amazing how you see a need and you obey. That's the best place to begin. Once we put our faith together and take action God CAN work...because we are in total surrender to him. That's the only way he can do miracles when we get out of the way and just obey.....hey I think I just wrote a new Gospel song! :lol: I can not wait to see what God has planned in all of this.
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:51 pm

How are you all doing with your praying & fasting?

It's a bit hard for me to pray since I'm at work, but I still do, though not as much as I would like to.

I've not had a bite to eat yet today... just liquids, and my stomach's more than letting me know. TOO BAD!

I don't pretend to know all that much about fasting, but I do know that when you fast, it's a matter of mind over body - ignoring the flesh and taking control of it, in order to focus on the Lord and His righteousness.

I'd like to put a prayer here now:

Dear Jesus,

As we all come together in one accord, we ask for your blessing on our thoughts and prayers. We're doing this because we know it pleases you.

Lord, we also ask your blessing on the men in Petra, their families and their finances.

Show them what you want them to do now that Petra is done. Give them guidance and clear instructions for their future. Lift their spirits if they are depressed, and let them know that you will always be near to comfort and hold them as they trust in you.

Specifically we pray for John and his situation. Please tell him what direction he should go in, and what to do for income in the upcoming months. Show him beyond a doubt the door you have open, and take away everything and everyone that may be hindering him from going through that door.

Equip me with the knowledge of what the door may be, and if it involves future concerts and booking, give me the resources and ability to get those dates for him.

Bless John's book that Bridget is working on as it goes out today to obtain a publisher. Put your blessing on her efforts, so that people may read John's story, and take encouragement for their own lives, which may be broken and falling apart and in dispair, as his was. Let that book be one of the pathways to where you want John to be in the future.

Use all of us, Lord, as a source of support and love for John, Bob, Greg and Paul, in whatever way you see fit. We are here and available, Jesus, to do your will - whatever it may be.

in Jesus' name, amen.
0 x

Epyon5757
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Epyon5757 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Count me in as well...

Due to medical reasons I cannot participate in fasting, but I will pray.
0 x

Bogusia
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Bogusia » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I will be praying, too.
Especially for Sue - for wisdom and knowledge :)
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:05 pm

You can count on me...I'm on medication I can't take on an empty stomach, I can't fast, but I'm praying for them. For wisdom, knowledge and open doors particularly.
0 x