Another question about song books and sheet music

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
WVKeith
Pethead
Pethead

Another question about song books and sheet music

Post by WVKeith » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:35 am

Now that Petra has retired, I really want to have the music to as many of their songs as possible. I play some guitar and I have all the tabs from the web that I can find. Still, there is so much more that I'd like to have.

Most of the song books are no longer being published. What are the song books that are still in print and where can you get them? Would there be copyright issues for people to scan the music to some of the songs from the books that are no longer being published? Is there anyone willing to do such a thing?

Petra had a huge impact on me growing up. My mother wasn't too fond of them be she would hug Bob Hartman and the gang if she knew how much good they did me. I still listen to Petra every day. I'm not much of a guitarist but I try to play their music every day too. I can't believe they are gone.

Anyway, I know I asked a bunch of questions and I appreciate any help you all can give me.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Keith, I got all my Petra songbooks on E-bay. I think my list includes Godfixation, This Means War, The Rock Cries Out, and Anthology. I am sure I have a book or so more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, as I am at work typing this out. All of these have guitar, piano, and vocal sheet music to them.

Long story short, check e-bay. Possibly someone here may have some as well.
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:39 am

Keith, I've scanned some songs for people before in exchange for a donation to keep John's website alive.

The scans turn out OK - they're not the greatest, but you can see the notes and all.

Give me a buzz if you're interested: [email protected]
0 x