anyone else have the Ohio DVD?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

anyone else have the Ohio DVD?

Post by gman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:52 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has the Ohio DVD? A friend of mine sent me a copy of it. Of course it doesn't have Greg X. or John Lawry, but it's not bad. The part where Bob is doing the stops on the guitar and Paul is soloing on the drums wasn't as tight as it could have been. You see Bob looking back at Paul as if he's willing both of them to stay together. I'm sure they got that right for the Inpop DVD. One other funny spot is where you hear something missing in the music. Bob looks back at Paul to see what is going on. If you watch closely, you realize that the hi-hat is missing. You Paul reaching to get another stick to replace the one the sent flying, and a stage hand runs out to retrieve the lost stick. Looks like Paul needs to use a little Gorilla Snot. :-) I have seen him live twice, and each time he threw a stick in the air at the end of his solo and then fumbled it. I thought he was just joking around, maybe not.
0 x

axelegend
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 2001

Post by axelegend » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:00 pm

The Ohio DVD? Do you know which show it was? They performed a couple different shows in Ohio during the Farewell Tour - one in Mansfield, another in Grove City, and the third in Youngstown. I was the promoter for the Youngstown show on 11/13/05.

If it's the Youngstown show, is there any way that you can send me a copy or at least some still photo shots from it, so that I can put clips on our event website? (the URL is http://petra.electricshockmusic.com/) I have been trying to locate photographs from our show, but have not had much luck thus far.

Thanks!
0 x
Christopher L. Bayda
baydamusic.com
facebook | twitter

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:42 pm

Well, Paul caught the drumstick when he did that in Oceanside. :) It would be impossible for him not to miss sometimes though.

I love watching that boy play those drums.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

it was...

Post by gman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:06 pm

It was the Grove City show. I'm guessing if anyone is interested in a copy of the DVD, they could try and go through the church. I was surprised that there was a DVD. The friend who sent it to me told me that the church asked for permission to record it, and Petra said yes. They had maybe 2 or 3 cameras going, and the video was also shown on stage. The DVD also contains the opening bands.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:26 am

When they were looking at each other during the "stops" as you put it, they were making faces at each other at the shows I saw. I was funny. Paul was pretty funny, and he did drop the sticks at two of the shows, but quickly tried again and succeeded.

I don't know if you guys ever saw Black Oak Arkansas, but Jim Dandy and the boys were one of the flashiest shows at that time. David Lee Roth and Van Halen kind of mimmicked them a bit with their stage antics.
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

To gman

Post by shaabyi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:07 pm

gman

I emailed the church and they said they could not make me a copy. Can you make me a copy if I send you a few bucks to mail me a copy to cover the media and shipping?

shaabyi
[email protected]
0 x

believerindeed
Pethead
Pethead

me too please

Post by believerindeed » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:12 pm

Hey Gman,
If it's not too much trouble I would like to get one as well.....just let me know if you will.
0 x

darthpethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by darthpethead » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:27 am

I would like one to

PM me
0 x
Holy Moley

FuntKlakow
Pethead
Pethead

Post by FuntKlakow » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:17 am

0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

well...

Post by gman » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:02 pm

I see I've opened up a can of worms! :shock: :wink:
I replied to someone who sent me an email. What I told them was I do not have a dvd burner or a dvr. However, I will try and transfer the files to my pc and burn them to cd. If that work out, they are willing to send a money order or whatever, paypal works too, to cover the cost of the cd(s), and the shipping. What they will get it a cd or cds with the files that they can transfer to their pc. They can watch the DVD there, or make their own DVD if they have a DVD burner. If that works out, I'll let you all know. I'm willing to do the same for anyone that is interested.
Just so you know, the audio is not the greatest. I don't if they grabbed the house audio or what, but I don't think they did any post mixing. It's a little heavy on the bottom end. If you have a good system hooked up, it should be able to handle it. You can play with eq a bit and get it sounding good.

Gman
0 x

drdpetrany
Pethead
Pethead

Post by drdpetrany » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:56 pm

There were two original copies burned directly to dvd of this concert. One dvd went to the promoter that night and I got the other original. John told the church that I could have it. I also promised him that I would not make copies as should no one else without permission from John and Bob. That being said the dvd is pretty good. The video is from about 6 cameras patched through the churches system. The audio is a different story. It was taken from the live feed through the cameras. There were many issues with the sound system on this night. The audio sounds good at some times and really bad at others. I have been asked to supply a clip of Judas Kiss from this dvd and will do so if John and Bob agree. Someone has already contacted me to say that Bob has already given permission, but I will check for myself. If I get the OK then I will have to find a way to post it as I have no way to get it on the web.
0 x