June concert date?????

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
believerindeed
Pethead
Pethead

June concert date?????

Post by believerindeed » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm

Hey,
I was surfing Petra sites and I looked at the latest news on Petra Rocks my World and saw something I have a question about. It says there iwll be a concert of all the original founding members of Petra as well as the current lineup on June 12th in Indiana. I honestly could not tell if it is talking about this year or last.....does anybody know? I'm assuming it is probably last year but then it is the most current news showing on a pretty major Petra website. It said to check the concert listings but it didn't go back to last June nor list this June.....If it is this June I would think of making the trip to Indiana on vacation just to see that.......Somebody let me know please....Thanks.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:20 pm

There is a June 12, 2006 T.V. taping with John on his web site, but that's been postponed. If you saw something on Josh's site, it was probably something from last year.
0 x

RockOn
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 1982

Old news...

Post by RockOn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:19 pm

That dream concert has already come and gone.

I had the pleasure of being there and I have to say it was history in the making.

The only downside to it was that the original Petra drummer, Bill Glover, wasn't able to make it. Paul Simmons filled in for him and did a fantastic job!

There was nothing like hearing "Lucas McGraw" and a rare performance of "Rockin' On With Jesus" played live.
0 x

reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by reoracer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:29 pm

Unfortunately, that concert was in 2004. It was wonderful. Wish you could have been there with us.

Three of the four original members of Petra still play together under the name GHF. They have some gigs coming up that will be listed on their wesite www.ghfband.com and will probably be announced here on the Zone as well. You can still come up and visit us here in Indiana and still hear some of the old Petra tunes :)

Jen

PS I met my fiancee at that June 12 concert :)
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

believerindeed
Pethead
Pethead

Question

Post by believerindeed » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:38 am

Cool.....what was John supposed to be taping live in June and how did you find that out???? Why did it get cancelled and is it still a possibility?? I just wonder where people get all the inside scoops.....must be moderators or something.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:04 am

It's on John's web site under the concert dates, and it was posted on the Tuesday, March 21 prayer and fasting day thread.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:25 am

You gotta read the prayers, Believer!

Checking out John's site once in a while will get you the scoop also. :wink:
0 x