Greg X. Volz in the early 70s: CRY 3

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Greg X. Volz in the early 70s: CRY 3

Post by p-freak » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:25 am

I've recently found the earliest official recording with Greg X. Volz on lead vocals: CRY 3 An Odyssey Of The Spirit. It took me a lot of time, cause this LP appears to be very rare. It's some kind of soundtrack-album, released in 1975 on the same label as the Because I AM rock musical. As many of you know this rock musical also features Greg Volz and the members of his e-band. Because I AM was released in 1973, two years prior to CRY 3, but Greg Volz informed me that CRY 3 was recorded before Because I AM.

So for anyone interested in a bit of Greg Volz before Petra, check out this page: http://home.filternet.nl/~p.th.vanwinge ... zcry3.html

Greg Volz is performing the lead vocals on the song Lost In A Dream. I will try to record the audio of this album to my computer, but that might take a while, since I don't have the right equipment.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 pm

wow... what a find.

Where did you ever come across an LP like that?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:29 am

I asked Greg a while ago to help me complete his discography at my website and he told me about this album. Since then I've been looking for this. Quite hard to find, actually. I found it at Musicstack.com.
0 x