Petra on the news

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Chuck
Pethead
Pethead

Petra on the news

Post by Chuck » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:52 pm

Sunday night.....Channel 5....10:30pm "Sports Plus"

I am getting things ready for work on Monday and have the TV on the above channel/show. The station intro's the St. Louis Cardinal segment and the intro music sounds very familiar. I watch the sports yesterday to verify what I thought I heard..........Pied Piper! I e-mailed the station and they confirmed what I already knew.

Petra still ROCKS!
0 x

BeReady
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BeReady » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:15 pm

I heard it too! I was pretty sure it was Petra, but was suprised to hear it on a tv show. Thanks for confirming. That was so cool.
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Petra on the news

Post by Kirkman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:48 pm

Chuck wrote:Sunday night.....Channel 5....10:30pm "Sports Plus"

I am getting things ready for work on Monday and have the TV on the above channel/show. The station intro's the St. Louis Cardinal segment and the intro music sounds very familiar. I watch the sports yesterday to verify what I thought I heard..........Pied Piper! I e-mailed the station and they confirmed what I already knew.

Petra still ROCKS!
You're talking about KSDK, right? Do they use Pied Piper for the Cards segments on the regular news, or just on Sports Plus?

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Chuck
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Chuck » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:06 am

KSDK......Yes.

They played it Sunday night and then again during the 6pm news on Monday. I didn't see the 5 or 10 report. I was gone yesterday and fell asleep too early last night!
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:36 pm

"Pied Piper" has some great guitar riffs in it. Definitely a classic Bob Hartman showcase tune. I can see how it would work in the context of a sports program.
0 x