CALLING ALL PETHEADS!!!!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

CALLING ALL PETHEADS!!!!!!!

Post by 74CAPethead » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 pm

I had emailed Sue Dempster a while back about an idea that's been on my heart for quite some time. Now that I�ve read John�s Newsletter, I don�t think one more day should go by before bringing this to your attention!

I told Sue that John has sacrificed a lot for us Petheads and I think it's time for the Petheads to sacrifice for John by having Pethead sponsored concerts!

It's a lot of money to come up with for one person or even 10 people! But it's not a lot of money if �WE ALL UNITE TOGETHER� and just commit to $10.00 per month! If we could get at least 250 Petheads to make that commitment we can guarantee that John will have one concert booked each month. Whoever can give more can do so and whoever can't, could give whatever they can, even if it's $1.00 per month, it all adds up if we UNITE!

The Petheads that I've asked so far are willing to do this! I asked Sue if she could open a separate bank account that we could send the money to and she said that she could.

The Lord has given John a great gift, and he�s still willing to use this gift to glorify Him�maybe the Lord wants to use us to help John!

So what do you say?

God Bless you all!

74CAPethead
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:47 pm

I'd be willing to do that. $10 from one person isn't a lot, but it would add up to a lot if enough of us get together and do this.
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:34 pm

A little = ALOT. Lets do it guys. This is a great idea and a great opportunity to help John so he can continue to spread the gospel.
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

HEY!!!

Post by epdc » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:32 pm

that sounds great!!!! I�M IN!!!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

L

Post by executioner » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:30 am

Let us know about all the details.
0 x

Carolina
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Carolina » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:27 pm

WOW, I AM IN AWE! Just yesterday I had a similar idea, but it was somthing like calling all Petheads to contribute for an offering to John Schlitt, but this sounds like a GREAT idea. I am in ("willing and able")! Let me know what to do to wire the money.

Carolina : )
0 x

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

PLEASE PRAY ABOUT THIS!!!

Post by 74CAPethead » Mon May 01, 2006 7:39 am

Thank you so far to Shell, Raymond & Musica, Elo, executioner, Carolina and petrafan1�it blesses me to see that the Lord has put the same desire on your hearts to want to be a part of this. I hope and pray that He will put this same desire in many more Petheads hearts because this can work if we are �all� together on this!

Even though I don�t post very much on the Zone�so some of you don�t know me and I don�t know you�but one thing I do know is that the Petheads are a family! And families help out one another in their times of need. And the way I feel about it is, John is our Brother and has been an unbelievable blessing to me and I will do anything to help him. I�m just hoping and praying that all you Petheads feel the same way!

I don�t want anybody to feel like they have to give $10.00 per month because I know that there are some people that can�t afford it. But what really touched my heart when I was sharing this idea with all my Pethead friends, that don�t post on the Zone, how one couple got so excited to be able to donate $1.00 per month to help John�they really love John but they just can�t afford $10.00. I thought if they felt that excited to give $1.00 and there are over 1,000 Petheads registered on the Zone�if all the Petheads had this same desire then �together� we can really make a difference!

I also thought that the Petheads that do post on the Zone probably know people that aren�t on the Zone (like I do) and can share this information with them too so we can get as many people involved as we possibly can!

Our checks can be made out to �Nova Productions�. Sue is planning to set up a savings account under that name. John is not NON-profit so our contributions are not tax deductible. These contributions are to bless John�s ministry so that the Lord can continue to use him to bless all those who would hear him.

So how is this all going to work? Some of you might have already tried asking your Pastors about hosting a concert but received the �too expensive� or �can�t afford it� answers! That�s happened to me too! But one particular church said they would be willing to do it if we had a sponsor to help with some of the expenses. And I found another church that said the same thing! That�s when I thought well who else would have more of a desire to be a sponsor than us PETHEADS!!! And as I mentioned in the first post it�s a lot of money for a few people, but it�s not a lot of money for a lot of people!!!

The sponsorship money that we contribute would pay for John�s honorarium only. The churches would still need to pay for airfare, sound, lights, & advertising.

So if you know of a church that wants to host a concert they can contact Sue and if we have enough money in our savings account then that money can be used to help sponsor that concert. The money can be used according to the booking dates.

Sue has been trying to set up a concert in Sheboygan, WI. Christ�s Shore is willing to put forth some money to host a concert but they are also afraid of losing money. So this could possibly be the very first Pethead Sponsored concert, if we can get enough people that have this same desire to be used to help John continue to spread the Gospel.

Sue is not telling John about this because if we don�t get enough support, she doesn�t want him to be disappointed. But if we do get enough support, just think about how surprised and blessed it will make him feel. We need everyone�s help�please really pray about it!

God Bless,

74CAPethead
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon May 01, 2006 9:59 am

I really do hope we get a good amount of participants in this. Even $1 per month CAN add up.

How many times have people posted "Petra's music has blessed me so much," or words to that effect? Wouldn't it be great to bless back?

Granted, we're talking John since Petra doesn't exist as a band anymore. But John is still there, wanting to continue on and carry Petra's legacy - and he can do that if he has places to perform in.

A concert is expensive for a church to put on... you'd be surprised at all the costs that you wouldn't normally think about. Simple things like printing tickets, evening meals, gas to drive to the airport... everything costs money.

If we can help the churches in easing the burden of the costs, then there naturally would be more churches able to put on a show.

Those who contribute would be the deciding body to vote what group/church would benefit from a Pethead contribution.

To give you an idea on what I have going on here in Sheboygan:

A group called Christ's Shore ( http://christsshore.org/ ) is wanting to do a concert, but not a full rock show. They want an intimate, acoustic set with John, with his testimony and speaking (sort of a MTV Unplugged show).

As we all know, John doesn't play an instrument - but Bob does.

SO... after having checked with Bob on this - Bob is willing to do an acoustic show, very simple and stripped down, with John on vocals and Bob on guitar.

I'm tentatively looking at New Year's Eve.... sort of a Petra retirement 1st anniversary concert. I have a church that may also come on board to provide the location. I'm meeting with Christ's Shore and the church this week. Money is the hold-up.

The John & Bob duo is something we would do for THIS SHOW ONLY. I'm not booking this as an act or anything like that. This would be a trial-run, so to speak, and if it did work - who knows what may happen in the future?

But this is the idea for the first Pethead Sponsored Concert, as Julie said.

So if you would like to contribute (and I know this takes some trust on your part - but believe me, I won't run off with the money or anything like that, and would give all the contributors a monthly total), you may send your gift to:

Nova Productions
Sue Dempster
320 Leavens Ave.
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
0 x

Carolina
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Carolina » Mon May 01, 2006 10:22 am

Who do we make checks payable to? Nova Productions?
0 x

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Mon May 01, 2006 10:30 am

It's a good idea and it can work, I'd like to know how we in Brazil could help because for us send money to USA we must have to prove for what is it sending and need documents attached is like a bureaucracy :shock: :shock: but I hope I can contribute with it!
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon May 01, 2006 11:55 am

Yes, checks to "Nova Productions."

I'll be opening and depositing them in a seperate savings account at Wells Fargo Bank, where I already have a checking account for booking.

I'm not sure how to make it easier for Brazilians to donate.... perhaps I can talk to my bank about a direct deposit or something to that effect. There probably will still be a charge, though. I'll have to find out.
0 x

Schrodyr
Pethead
Pethead

PayPal

Post by Schrodyr » Tue May 02, 2006 10:19 am

If this is really going to fly, you should probably setup a PayPal account. Here are the fees:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... es-outside

You'd lose less than 5%, and it would be a whole lot more convenient. And with PayPal, you can setup recurring payments. So if someone wanted to pay $10 a month, it would do it automatically. If they pay from a US bank account (as opposed to a credit/debit card), there is NO fee.
0 x
...the one I feed is the one who lives...

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed May 03, 2006 7:14 am

Hmmm.... I do already have a personal account in my name. I'll have to check into it.

To update the possible "John & Bob" concert in Sheboygan, I met with the Christ's Shore group last night, and they are all for it. They have possible venues, and more than enough workers to pitch in and help.

And as usual, the only holdup is the money.

This would be SUCH a UNIQUE type of concert - John nor Bob has ever done a full acoustic show, to my knowledge. And since Petra has retired, this would be a reunion of sorts - on the exact date they disbanded.

Everyone would be welcome to come and hang out all weekend.... remember the 1st and 2nd Pethead Conventions? How about a third?

If there is anyone willing to help put it together, financially, for this show - or any other - please respond.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed May 03, 2006 10:31 am

one other thing - IF we can get this Dec. 31 show moving, I'm sure we could add in another date at the Cup O' Joy Coffeehouse in Green Bay, WI the Sat. evening before.

I know the lady who runs the coffeehouse and does the booking; we've talked about bringing John up there for a long time. I'm sure she'd do it in a flash.

So that way, those of you who would travel here would get TWO shows for their buck.... just like Dawsonville & Murphy.
0 x

rayter77
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rayter77 » Wed May 03, 2006 10:59 am

How about setting up a "Pay Pal" account ... so one can e-mail the money ...

This is an awesome idea to help continue the ministry...
sue d. wrote:Hmmm.... I do already have a personal account in my name. I'll have to check into it.

To update the possible "John & Bob" concert in Sheboygan, I met with the Christ's Shore group last night, and they are all for it. They have possible venues, and more than enough workers to pitch in and help.

And as usual, the only holdup is the money.

This would be SUCH a UNIQUE type of concert - John nor Bob has ever done a full acoustic show, to my knowledge. And since Petra has retired, this would be a reunion of sorts - on the exact date they disbanded.

Everyone would be welcome to come and hang out all weekend.... remember the 1st and 2nd Pethead Conventions? How about a third?

If there is anyone willing to help put it together, financially, for this show - or any other - please respond.
0 x