CITAS Update

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Quigon John
Pethead
Pethead

CITAS Update

Post by Quigon John » Mon May 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Just got a response frrom Bob about CITAS and the other Petra videos making it to dvd soon and here is his response.

John,

It's funny you should ask today. I just spent the day
transferring CITAS to DVD for sale on Petra's merch site,
www.petramerchandise.com. You will probably see it there the first
week of June!

I don't know about the others. We will just take one step at a time.

Blessings,
Bob

So look out more Petra dvds could be on the way :lol: :D
0 x

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Mon May 15, 2006 9:35 pm

Rockin'! Now maybe I'll finally get to see Backstage Pass and the Beyond Belief movie -- as well as the entire CITAS! 8)

Mark
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon May 15, 2006 10:03 pm

cool! I wonder how it was mastered?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 16, 2006 12:08 am

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppp
Man! I guess hell just got down to 32 degrees, cause that's when I was told that it would hit the streets again. Sweet. Thank God! Finally. Thanks Bob!!! You duh man!!! Here's a big wet one for ya'. That says a bunch, cause I generally don't show dudes any emotion.
0 x

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Tue May 16, 2006 5:58 am

SkyCaptain wrote:Rockin'! Now maybe I'll finally get to see Backstage Pass and the Beyond Belief movie -- as well as the entire CITAS! 8)
Very cool news about CITAS. Right now I have a bootleg VHS. Although I bought it at a Christian book store, and I didn't know it was a bootleg at the time.

Funny you should mention the Beyond Belief movie. My wife and I are the youth leaders at my church, and we decided that our youth needed a dose of what real Christian music was like, so last night at youth group we showed them the Beyond Belief movie. I heard some snickers at some of the fashions (especially John's outfit with the black tank top and cowboy boots in the Beyond Belief video). Then I realized that most of these kids weren't even alive when BB came out. Scary. We did a survey before we showed the video and only one kid had heard of Petra. I didn't hear any negative comments about the music itself though.
0 x

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 am

Another quick note: that's a pretty cool Petra poster on that merch site. I like the "1972 - ".
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

a

Post by executioner » Tue May 16, 2006 6:20 am

All along these out of print things have been up to Bob to decide. I knew EMI had nothing to do with it. After all the videos are released(which I feel they will be) It would not surprise me if we get some songs that Petra has recorded over the years but never made it to tape/CD. I know John has said there was a 11th song they recorded for JAH that didn't make the CD, but he couldn't remember if they actually had finished the song or not.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Tue May 16, 2006 7:33 am

Bob turns into the next George Lucas!!!! hahahaha!

We now get the "Special Edition" videos. You know the ones where the technology wasn't up to snuff when they shot them originally, but now now have all kinds of extras....like....wait for it....you knew it was coming...

1. Citas now with Super CGI of Greg X. Voltz doing Matrix style flips and kicks!

2. Ronny Cates running around stage (Now with hyperspace lines like Star Wars.

3. The alternate ending to the Beyond Belief video where the kid finally recognizes that members of Petra have been mysteriously "Helping" him all day. He files a restraining order against Petra after they keep telling him, "Thanks for all your support on Beyond Belief. We have a great new project we'd love to tell you about, but we'd have to KILL you!

4. As the Elephantes tease Bob in Back Stage Pass about the inlays on his guitar, the inlays become 3D wrap around the the Elephantes until they apologize.

5. New totally CGI member of Petra named Gar Gar Jinks.

6. All hair restoration is now CGI.

7. It's revealed that all the members of Petra over the years have been clones.

8. Shocker!!! Greg X. Voltz is John Schlitt's father!!!!

9. Scene from Beyond Belief video where kid gets angry and drives all day is replaced with totally CGI Podrace.

10. John Schlitt sways from side to side in never before released footage, clenches fist and sings WHOA!!!! for first time. Then turns to R2D2 and says "Yippee!!! That's a good move."

11. Bob goes back and starts making "Prequel" praise albums, instead of Petra Praise 4.

12. Cartoon Spinoff... Mighty Morphin Petra Rangers!!!

13. Feeling bad for Greg Bailey and Paul Simmons, CGI is used to insert them into both the Beyond Belief and Backstage Pass videos.

14. Missing live versions of Lord I lift your name, and Judas Kiss are released after 10 years in a box set with Washes White Than. Fans buy it right away for the two never before released songs!!! After purchase, consumers discover that the songs have been changed with CGI!!! Then we are told we will never hear the originals again, only to be re-released 3 years later in another box set of Washes Whiter Than...
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:51 am

That's awesome that CIT&S will finally be on DVD. I was telling some friends about it who watched the Farewell DVD with me. They were wanting to watch it, and I was like, "well, good luck with that one." But looks like that will finally have a chance of happening.
0 x

darthpethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by darthpethead » Tue May 16, 2006 11:28 am

Save one for me!!!!!(they are probably going to be sold out within the first week that they are there. Just Spectulating
0 x
Holy Moley

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue May 16, 2006 12:54 pm

CITS on DVD..... why now :?:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

y

Post by executioner » Tue May 16, 2006 1:36 pm

Its common for artists to do this after they have called its quits, but most of the time its to fulfill a contract with a label. I bet you Bob has alot stored away somewhere that he might be willing to get out to the public now since they are finished.
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Tue May 16, 2006 6:12 pm

sue d. wrote:CITS on DVD..... why now :?:
Hmmm.. my guess is that Bob has a lot more time on his hands (and sees a way to make some money).

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:28 pm

When I try the link all I get is this.........

This IP address cannot be used for browsing.

Can this be explained to a dummy? :?
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Wed May 17, 2006 3:40 am

sue d. wrote:CITS on DVD..... why now :?:
Why ask why? Try..., uh never mind.

Man when I first saw this thread I thought someone bumped up a year old thread. Boy was I surprised!

Anyways I'm sure bob has better sources but I'd gladly sacrifice my original beyond belief and back stage pass VHS tapes if needed.

I know what my next month savings are going towards. (insert cheesy smile). Hopefully he will put in proper chapter stops, etc.

Oh and uh brent, could you edit your message and fix up the text a little bit? It's got the message thread a little out of wack.
0 x