about the Ultimate Collection

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
greba
Pethead
Pethead

about the Ultimate Collection

Post by greba » Mon May 22, 2006 12:43 pm

The sleeve in the cd shows someone I don't know. Who is the bass guitarist on the left I've never seen him before. When did he join Petra and the album he started on. Does anyone know which concert and tour the color picture was taken from.
0 x
He Reigns, the message you have heard!

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Re: about the Ultimate Collection

Post by jimmye4563 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 am

greba wrote:The sleeve in the cd shows someone I don't know. Who is the bass guitarist on the left I've never seen him before. When did he join Petra and the album he started on. Does anyone know which concert and tour the color picture was taken from.
That's Mark Kelly. He first appeared on Never Say Die, so he had to join before that. I don't know exactly when. I'm not sure which tour the picture is from. Can anyone else help out?
0 x
"You say you've walked ten thousand steps away, but don't you know that it's only one step back?"

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed May 24, 2006 3:52 am

There are three band-pictures on The Ultimate Collection. The picture on the backsleeve is from the On Fire! photoshoot (I think). Inside is an official picture from the This Means War! album.
And the compilation of live-pictures is probably from the Back To The Street or This Means War! tour, after Greg Volz left (end of 1985) and before Mark Kelly left (somewhere 1987 / 1988).
0 x