john schlitt on myspace

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:40 am

Bridgette,

I'm sorry if I came across as hostile. That's really not where I'm coming from. I'm not saying you are, but I hear so many Christians just put a big blanket over things and run away these days.

I've never had the problems you were talking about with your myspace sight. Never been spammed or had issues with the people who asked to be friends. Had one person that liked us and wanted to be added, but I visited their sight and it was not consistant with anything close to our faith so I turned them down. I did however write them and explain why I turned them down and shared my faith in love. My Space does have ways you can prevent stuff like that from happening. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it.

You're right Shell, everything is not for everyone. :)
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:17 pm

I'll chime in here and pardon any repeatitiveness that may occur.

As with anything on the internet, there is a lot of bad. But we are to take our Light to all corners of the earth. Ever read John's Myspace? What an excellent testimony to our faith. I was real impressed.

I am on a few sites like that and if we can make our stand there, as well as in the real world, Darkness doesn't have a chance.

I even am on Superdudes.net. My motto there: Never Perfect, But Perfectly Forgiven. Another saying I use there is "Rather a fool in the eyes of man, then a fool in the eyes of God.". You'd be surprised at the cool comments (as well as the not so cool comments) coming from that account.

Just summarizing: I think it is our job as Christians to take the Word into every nook and cranny. The internet can be a very powerful tool for both Lightness and darkness. I hope we all do our part to offset and overcome the dark.

** Off my soapbox, on with life. **
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 pm

I think Enosh has a good point about how we are suppose to a light to all corners of the world. I don't have a myspace account and do not plan on it, but I feel there is nothing wrong with it if it is used in the proper context. BTW I believe John McCain is leading a congressional hearing on MYSpace next week and he is looking at trying to shut it down. What will come of this I dunno.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Well, it wouldn't be fair to the people who do use it right to shut it down, and won't stop the sickos from going after kids. What they should do is focus on going after the sickos instead of penalizing everyone.
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Not myspace

Post by microkoe » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:16 pm

i was on myspace for well over a year.. until it just got out of hand. i had a relative do everything in his power to bash me on there.. My kids, wife, me and my music. He would make up spaces to look like it was us. and then contact my friends ... and of course they would end up looking at his profile.. dont know why someone would do such a thing.. plus the messages from girls just got out of hand. especially when my wife sees them. so i just got off of there.. My music remains as bold and powerful as it ever did without myspace.. it can be heard on soundclick.com www.soundclick.com/michaeldkoehler Peace!
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:26 am

Ya'll ever tryed dittytalk.

www.dittytalk.com. Its christian
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:13 am

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with myspace, Michael or Mike, not sure which you prefer. You do have to be careful, and it won't be for everyone. It can be kind of tricky dealing with messages from single people when you're married. A good solution if you're married is for the husband and wife to both have profiles and both add any single people who might want to be added to their friend's lists. If it's more than that and gets to be a big problem, there's always the delete key, or choosing not to have a myspace profile like you did.

I think single females tend to get the short end of things for the most part. :P Not complaining, just an observation.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:35 am

Charl, I too didn't get the gist of having a myspace site when you already have a website.

But Enosh kinda talked me into the advantages, so when Paul approached me about doing one for John, I said OK.

There's not much on there yet, but I'm hoping Paul will put up some songs and video & whatever (hint, hint).

I've had more than one comment on his homepage statement (other than you, String), and how it's a very powerful witness - funny that people are commenting about it now, because it's been on his real website since the day it started.

So... there is ONE positive thing that has already come of it - that is, making a strong stand as a Christian. People take notice if they're seriously reading the page.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Pethead1 wrote:Ya'll ever tryed dittytalk.

www.dittytalk.com. Its christian
Hey, Pethead1. This sounds interesting but that page is unavailable. Takes me to a Plesk page. I'll try later, though!
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:39 pm

Nevermind. I took out the last period and I am good to go.
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

oaktree.org

Post by BForm » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:06 am

For a Christian community version of My Space, try Oaktree.org.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper