CITAS DVD Available!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

CITAS DVD Available!!!!

Post by pmal » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:32 am

Hey, I just purchased the DVD through petramerchandise.com !!!!!!

:D

Phillip
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1990

CITAS DVD Available!!!!

Post by petrabandca » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Thanks to you I got one 2!

I can't wait to see this thing and the cover art looks great!

Thanks Phil :)
0 x

phoneman1
Pethead
Pethead

re:dvd

Post by phoneman1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm

posted in other topic b4 seeing this one. got mine ordered :D
0 x
jim

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:10 pm

We Know

I'm trying to decide between 2 or three..
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 pm

I got mine also. Hopefully We will all get it within 10 days or so.
0 x

phoneman1
Pethead
Pethead

re:dvd

Post by phoneman1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:20 pm

i ordered farewell and the citas cd a few weeks ago and it only took 3 days to get, so maybe this will come quick also :D
0 x
jim

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:31 pm

So any reviews from anyone that got this yet?
0 x

Epyon5757
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: No Doubt

Post by Epyon5757 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:14 am

Just ordered CITAS on DVD as well...but I've never seen the CITAS video, so this should be a treat...something is better than nothing.

Based on previous posts, it appears that the remaining video releases from Petra most likely will not make it to DVD. That being said, can anyone tell me how to transfer my VHS Beyond Belief video onto my computer (or onto a DVD as a single print) so that I do not risk further degradation of the video itself? US Copyright laws allow me to copy this tape to my computer for personal use if I should choose to do so (it's the sharing of the files without permission that gets everyone in trouble).

I must add that it took me a long time to find a copy of the Beyond Belief video...I couldn't find Backstage Pass, Wake-Up Call, or any others...still can't.

Thanks,
Epyon
0 x

Life_AWKI
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Life_AWKI » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:21 am

Epyon5757 wrote:That being said, can anyone tell me how to transfer my VHS Beyond Belief video onto my computer (or onto a DVD as a single print) so that I do not risk further degradation of the video itself? US Copyright laws allow me to copy this tape to my computer for personal use if I should choose to do so (it's the sharing of the files without permission that gets everyone in trouble).
Several products are avaiable, a popular one is:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Home/

Check out:

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/ ... 029,00.asp

Good Luck!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:30 am

Epyon5757 wrote:Just ordered CITAS on DVD as well...but I've never seen the CITAS video, so this should be a treat...something is better than nothing.

Based on previous posts, it appears that the remaining video releases from Petra most likely will not make it to DVD. That being said, can anyone tell me how to transfer my VHS Beyond Belief video onto my computer (or onto a DVD as a single print) so that I do not risk further degradation of the video itself? US Copyright laws allow me to copy this tape to my computer for personal use if I should choose to do so (it's the sharing of the files without permission that gets everyone in trouble).

I must add that it took me a long time to find a copy of the Beyond Belief video...I couldn't find Backstage Pass, Wake-Up Call, or any others...still can't.

Thanks,
Epyon
I believe Bob's quote about the other videos was that he would wait and see how CiTaS DVD sold and if it sold well enough he would consider putting the rest or some on DVD to sell. I really don't know how many copies of CiTaS he has produced, but I do expect a big turnout if he/we get the word out. I feel that if Bob or someone else post something on Ebay about CiTaS being sold on DVD the masses will buy it.
0 x

unlost
Pethead
Pethead

DVD content

Post by unlost » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:43 am

is there any bonus footage?
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:15 pm

There are a couple ways you can go about getting your VHS tape to DVD.

You could get one of those DVD Recorder thingamajiggies. I have one. It's a Sony with VHS on one side and a DVD Recorder on the other side. Just pop the tape in, set it on the highest recording quality. Once it's recorded you can take the disc and import it into your computer and add menu's and all that neat stuff. (See above links). I usually use DVD-+RW

Or you could get one of the PC video capture cards and hook up your VHS player to that. Only problem with video capture cards is they usually record in some weird proprietary format, so converting them to mpeg 2 (DVD video) may be a little difficult.

It's actually pretty easy to do and I've done it to about 8 or so of the VHS christian concert tapes that I have. As well as a bunch of video recorded by my sister. I've even added in videos I've gotten off the net. It's pretty easy to combine stuff, for example I put all my DeGarmo & Key stuff on one DVD. I have not got around to working on my Petra stuff yet.

The software I used to create the DVD and menu's was Nero. But to be honest Nero has a nasty habit of breaking things. I had to download an update just because it was not synching the audio and video correctly (what a headache).

Then again if you like doing things the hard way there are plenty of freeware programs you can use that when you cobble them together they can do the same thing.

Anyways it is not as hard as it looks, although there is a bit of a learning curve.
0 x

petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

CITAS DVD Available!!!!

Post by petrabandca » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:21 pm

I offered Bob my copies of "On Fire", "Beyond Belief" (Sealed), "Backstage Pass" (Sealed) and "Wake-Up Call" I also have the "Who Do You Listen To?" (Sealed).

He said that it all depends on the CITAS DVD. If not we have to respect the mans wishes. I'm sure that will do fine and we'll be seeing the others out soon enough. What we need is to help advertise Petra to people who might not ordinarilly find out about these things. Petra rocked back in the 70's and 80's because the word started getting out about this band that kicked. By "The Rock Cries Out" and "Beyond Belief" they were getting the backing from the industry and between 1989 and 1995 Petra was the biggets Christian band.

The industry S@#*%^! them over and that is not cool. What is cool is that the guys in Petra decided to call it quits from the road and the studio. However, the internet is the publics tool to lift them up from being kicked down by the industry over and over. Use your tools my friends and show your Petra pride. Lets keep the material alive and bring it into the ditigal world. Show Bob and the rest of Petra that we want their content to be around forever.

Put banner links on your websites, on you myspace sites, in the Petra groups on the Petra Zone and call your local radio stations to let them know that CITAS has been released on DVD. There are a lot of people who would be interested in knowing, but don't take the time to find out for themselves. Tell your local Christian supply store and put up posters on their bulletin boards. As well as your Church bulletin boards and to the Youth leaders let those retro kids in your group know. You need to tell the people the place to find the music and the videos.

I feel good! :D
petraband.ca
0 x