A little disappointed

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
darthpethead
Pethead
Pethead

A little disappointed

Post by darthpethead » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Im in Brentwood visiting my aunt who has MS and today I went to Keller Williams to see if I could meet John. So I went there and the lady said that she didnt know if John was there so she called him to see if he was in the building. Well he wasn't. I told her I was a fan from MD

But what disappointed me was....I mean I know John is very nice but I felt like he blew me off. All she said was He is not coming back to the office. No Im sorry I couldn't meet you, nothing. Im not John bashing(how could I :) ). Im not at all angry or upset with him. But I am a little hurt. And she acted like he was there when she was talking to him.

I dont know maybe it is nothing. Im just venting LOL

But I did leave a message on his voice mail. Lets see what happens
0 x
Holy Moley

winterlens
Pethead
Pethead

Post by winterlens » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 pm

I guess I'm not too surprised. John's on the clock, and he probably would rather entertain clients than fans--at least if he wants to buy groceries this month. I'm sure a quick note to Sue or someone else would do just as well.
0 x
DIA PISTEWS IHSOU CRISTOU

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Sorry about the disappointment, Darth, but more than likely he was not in the office.

He's set up (as are the rest) as ian ndependent realtor, which means you don't really need to BE in the office all that much.

Having sold AND bought a house this past year, I've found that if you expect to find a realtor in the office - he's not doing his job. They're usually out and about doing their thing, not in the office.

I certainly can't say for sure, but I'm guessing John wasn't really in. Often secretaries give pat answers for someone who's not there...
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:11 am

My husband doesnt even go to his office. He is eather home looking stuff on the MLS or writing contracts. Or on the road showing.

Time is money. We missed a sell because he wated 35 min to long to sumit the offer. He was meating someone who he found out did not want to buy or sell. Just talk. So It is good thing John was not there. Maybe that means he has some contracts in the works, which is the only way to make money.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 pm

Well, this might not be what you want to hear, friend, but I would advise AGAINST Petra fans going to the realtor's office just to get a quick peak at their new celebrity salesman. I thought of this when I first learned he was working in such a position.

Try to put your hurt feelings aside for a moment and imagine if you were in John's shoes...
He just got the new job and wants to get off to a good start, make a good impression on his new employer, etc. If too many people try to do what you did, it will become quite a nuisance to both the company and to John himself. He IS a very nice guy and loves us fans. But let's be realistic.

Please don't take this as too much of a "bash" from me, Pethead1. It's not meant to be like that. Just an admonition. I totally understand your wanting to say hi, etc. But we who care about him and appreciate his years of ministry to us need to be careful not to do anything in our zeal that might compromise his ability to succeed in his new position.

Respectfully,
Andy
0 x

darthpethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by darthpethead » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:16 pm

I actually thought of the very same thing when I went. So your words are true. But I thought Id give it a try. It probably worked out for the best anyway.
0 x
Holy Moley

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:21 am

I think I would have gone if I were in town too. And I know how the business works.

ONCE A PETHEAD ALWAYS A PETHEAD
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:56 pm

I KNOW I would have gone if I were in town... :wink:

Seriously, before I was officially involved (when I was "a fan") I used to sneak backstage all the time... what can I say?!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 pm

Hehe. I snuck back stage a couple of times in the early 90s...I decided it was probably better to just wait until they came out to talk to people. They were pretty good about taking time to talk to people after concerts. The problem is if they stopped to talk to everyone who wanted to talk to them all the time, they'd never get anything done. :)
0 x