Life Today - DVD copy (and more) wanted quick!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Life Today - DVD copy (and more) wanted quick!

Post by sue d. » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:58 am

Here I am again, looking for more material!

I'll be getting a copy of John & Dorla's appearance on Life Today, but being the impatient person I am - I need it NOW.

I have a big ministry who is interested in John as a speaker, and they'd like to see hard copies of anything involving him as a speaker, worship leader, etc.

I'm VERY slim on that kind of material, so I'm on a hunt to collect and get some DVDs or CDs out.

If anyone recorded a DVD copy of Life Today - or any other video or audio recording, like John doing a church service or anything other than a regular concert - please let me know if you'd be able to mail me a copy. I'll pay for shipping and copies and all....

email or call me!

[email protected]
920-980-7671
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:06 pm

Can't someone who knows how just copy the Life Today piece on the internet onto DVD?
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:29 pm

I suppose it could be done. I really need to learn about all this and get into the 21st century.

You won't believe it.... when I got home today - there in the mail was a copy from the program itself.

YEAH! surprise, surprise!

NOW - if only the two others that I need will come thru -we'll be ready to roll.
0 x

jasonf
Pethead
Pethead

It can be done!!

Post by jasonf » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 am

It can be done if you download it onto your computer hardrive and then burn it onto a DVDc disc with a DVD Burner.
Blessings Jason
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:41 am

HA!

right now my D-Drive doesn't even function! It won't even read a disc!
CD burner is dead too... I need an upgrade, but I just don't have time to research and find the best deal.

Anyone have any recommendations? (yes, this is Petra-related because I use this computer to book John, who was part of Petra. So this can stay in the "Petra Topic" section) :wink:
0 x

jasonf
Pethead
Pethead

A Suggestion

Post by jasonf » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:18 am

Hey Sue
Do you have Ex Government Auctions where you live?
If so go to one of them and you can generally pick up a bargain on machines taht are only 2-3 years old.
Blessings
Jason
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:17 am

sue d. wrote:HA!

right now my D-Drive doesn't even function! It won't even read a disc!
CD burner is dead too... I need an upgrade, but I just don't have time to research and find the best deal.

Anyone have any recommendations?
I'd say get a Mac, but I know you don't like them. Then again, they don't usually have D-drives and CD burners dying and viruses infecting them. :)

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Fruity

Post by Michael » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:39 am

Kirkman wrote:I'd say get a Mac, but I know you don't like them. Then again, they don't usually have D-drives and CD burners dying and viruses infecting them. :)
Because hardware failure is the responsibility of the operating system, right? I guess a case could be made for that with Apple, where there is a monopoly on the hardware (All Macs are currently made by Apple), but in the PC world, people have the right to buy any old crappy hard drive off the street. So if the hard drive and CD burner die, it's probably not Windows's fault. If they die in their Mac, though, it definitely IS Apple's fault.

Just thought I'd educamate you on how things happen in the world of computers that are built, not grown on trees mwa ha ha ;)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:22 pm

HEhehee.... Apples.... Personal Critters.... they all drive me nuts!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Fruity

Post by brent » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 pm

Michael wrote:
Kirkman wrote:I'd say get a Mac, but I know you don't like them. Then again, they don't usually have D-drives and CD burners dying and viruses infecting them. :)
Because hardware failure is the responsibility of the operating system, right? I guess a case could be made for that with Apple, where there is a monopoly on the hardware (All Macs are currently made by Apple), but in the PC world, people have the right to buy any old crappy hard drive off the street. So if the hard drive and CD burner die, it's probably not Windows's fault. If they die in their Mac, though, it definitely IS Apple's fault.

Just thought I'd educamate you on how things happen in the world of computers that are built, not grown on trees mwa ha ha ;)
People have to get over the fact that Apple is the superior product, because they have 100% control over the hardware. When you buy a Mac, it works. Companies like Avid and Digidesign do the same thing with their video and audio systems, and that has made them the largest, most used, most sold platform in the world. Close architecture is faster, more reliable, and easier to troubleshoot.

Re: drive comments. You can swap out drives, etc. Their top of the line DVD burning drive is the Pioneer, which is the best of the best no matter which platform you choose. They are picky about memory, but you can upgrade/swap out.

The reason that there are so many issues with PC machines is the fact that people keep updating their systems with unnecessary memory hogging applications, want software companies to make software that is state of the art, yet backward compatible with a P1 running Windows 98, and download unseen crap from the internet. Then they want to be able to experiment with cheap Chinese or Russian hardware with mispelled english bios commands and crappy drivers and then gripe about Micro Soft. That's my experience. Apple is the most solid, robust manufacturer, with the best OS, period.

BTW, Apple did license people to make Mac hardware before, but the scale of production was so that it was MORE expensive. If you match up a comparable performing Dell to a Mac, the Mac is now cheaper.
0 x

petrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:30 pm

i use a Mac computer i bought exactly 6 yrs ago (a G4 Cube), which runs the latest version of MacOS X (Apple's operational system).
now try running WinXP SP2 on a 6-yr old PC ...
0 x
i wanna live until i die.

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Fruity

Post by Kirkman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 pm

Michael wrote:
Others have replied with more gusto... I'll just point out that I never specifically mentioned Windows or Microsoft in my post.

But I'll stand by my statements. All one needs to do is read Consumer Reports for the past, oh, 10 years or so and see what sort of customer satisfaction/reliability ratings Apple gets for its hardware versus PC manufacturers.

The operating system and software speak for themselves: almost no virus problems, significant OS updates annually (MS is just now releasing Vista, and it falls far below what was originally promised in years pass), etc.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!