Bob & John's New Praise Album - cover art

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

mmmm

Post by epdc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:10 am

isn�t this interesting????

Bob Hartman actually loves the design and you guys who are nothing but "petheads" don�t like it..... mmmm whose opinion should I care the most???????? :roll: I think I�ll stick to Bob�s opinion.

You guys "piss me off", you are being too hard on your comments, not all of you but some.

Come guys, open your minds a little bit, why should Petra put "worship till the police comes"?????? think, THINK FOR A MOMMENT PLEASE and don�t wait to receive the message on a dish.

I think it sounds daring, I mean, as christians we are like rebels to this world, we are taking a challenge of praising Jesus even though the world�s rules don�t apply to it. I think the message is creative.

The idea of "two guyz" I think is good, I kinda think it gives a fresh image to the album, like not only for adults but also for younger people, that�s only my opinion.

I think those two pictures are cool, those are very good Bob and John�s shots, like very classic.

And well of course, we cannot judge the cover without listening the album, everything is related remember'????

I�m not asking you to LOVE IT (you have your own right to not like stuff) but just to open your minds to different stuff. If Bob accepted it, there�s gotta be a reason...
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Ok

Post by Corval » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:46 am

I agree with you!

Bob are tryingo to show the importance of pray in the middle o persecution. Maybe, Petra have felt this in India seeing and listening histories about the church there. So, they are trying to show it.

Hey, I am with my DVD fAREWELL AND SEE you in the interview. You travelled from Mexico to see them...

Congratulations. I love your interview.

Artur
0 x
Be happy

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:38 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ah that's priceless, love it. Actually it reminds me of this.

heeeheheeheheheheheheheeeheeeheheh gerbils.

Couldn't be serious...could it?:shock:
Last edited by charl on Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
[url=http://www.picturetrail.com/char000]CIP[/url] -slowly but steadily coming along... [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0011.gif[/img]

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:58 am

I like it fine. I really like till the cops come. My kids like it as well.
I think some are being silly.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:06 am

My husband said to cahnge the z to a s and call it Worship toll the cows come heme. He said then maybe people would be quite about.

He is not a Pethead and had no trouble at all with the cover. Just what people were saying. He said that it must take a shallow fan to be so critical.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:10 am

calicowriter wrote:I don't think a CD's artwork will either stop someone from buying it or entice them.
1. We have no idea if Bob loves it.
2. It looks cheesy.
3. If Bob does like it cheesey, then Bob likes it, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to change their opinions about it or that anyone is forced to like it.
4. I don't know who the target market is. I suspect since they are playing off of the Petra name, that they are wanting former Petra fans to pick this up.

Well, as a fan, I will likely anyway, out of curiousity. Atleast I will run down to the store, if it is there, and listen to it first. As stated before by another author, if I were a long lost fan, I would not pick it up, because graphically it does not reach me at my age for all of the reasons mentioned in the thread thus far.

5. Some of us are not sheeples. Some of us still like the art. And believe it or not, it is a science to the major labels and I pay attention to it as a consumer and father of three daughters 15,14, 10.

A. The parental advisory sticker keeps the CD on the shelf for me.
B. Graphic art, as in mature situation art, keeps it on the shelf.
C. Nature scenes keep it on the shelf, as it is usually a sign of bad instrumental elevator music.
D. Art with signs and symbols use by the cults, bangs, etc does it.
E. Corny, overly corny biblical type names, generally used in southern gospel music usually stays on the shelf.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 am

This is a message board to discuss things; there are bound to be differing opinions. It wouldn't be realistic to expect everyone to like the cover. It can be hard when you can't see or hear someone too.

Whatever the case, the cover art is up to Bob.
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:36 am

I never realize how important it is for people about the cover art. As for me the cover art won't make me by a CD. If I love the band I will pick it up. But If I walk into a store and see an awesome cover. I'm not going to buy it without doing the research on the band. If anything this cover art will draw people to it just to look at it and say "hmmm whats up with these guy(z)". I might just have to buy this CD and see what it sounds like. Then BAMM!!! OH MY GOD IT IS AWESOME. PRAISE GOD I BOUGHT IT. THESE GUYZ REALLY LOVE THE LORD. Look at all the buzz its creating right now. They know what they are doing. They have been in the business for years. They went through it all in the begining when it was not accepted. Now that it is accpeted. They are STILL GOING TROUGH IT. Again I think its a light hearted deal and the title is a real good title. Cause one day it will happen. Satan does not play fair.
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:02 pm

Hmmmm.

I actually did buy an album once because of the cover alone. I was part of one of those CD clubs. I never bought anything until one day this CD by a group called Pillar arrived. It was called Fireproof and I thought the album cover was amazing! I did something I never thought I would. Without ever hearing a note I commited to buying it by opening the CD!
What I found was awesome and now I'm a huge Pillar fan!

I actually like the name "Worship til the cops come..." but the cover just really doesn't do it for me. It's way to much like that Boyz to men album. It doesn't say anything to the title. I could even imagine the outline of a cop car with one big red light and one big blue light.

Think about all of the awesome, truly awesome Petra covers that have been. The concepts are just amazing over the years. I can't belive it but I have to totally go with Brent on this one.

I think Bob should have a contest amoungst the Petheads on this board.
It has been demonstrated time and time again that there are some amazing talented people on the Petrazone. With a contest you could stir up interest for the album!

Elo, I'm sorry you're so upset. I agree that some comments have sounded harsh. I apologize if I sounded that way at all. I just feel as others have said, that if you stack this up with past covers or whats going on in the world today or ever in music, that it just doesn't spark. Gotta love opinions.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: mmmm

Post by brent » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:08 pm

epdc wrote:isn�t this interesting????

Bob Hartman actually loves the design and you guys who are nothing but "petheads" don�t like it..... mmmm whose opinion should I care the most???????? :roll: I think I�ll stick to Bob�s opinion.

You guys "piss me off", you are being too hard on your comments, not all of you but some.

Come guys, open your minds a little bit, why should Petra put "worship till the police comes"?????? think, THINK FOR A MOMMENT PLEASE and don�t wait to receive the message on a dish.

I think it sounds daring, I mean, as christians we are like rebels to this world, we are taking a challenge of praising Jesus even though the world�s rules don�t apply to it. I think the message is creative.

The idea of "two guyz" I think is good, I kinda think it gives a fresh image to the album, like not only for adults but also for younger people, that�s only my opinion.

I think those two pictures are cool, those are very good Bob and John�s shots, like very classic.

And well of course, we cannot judge the cover without listening the album, everything is related remember'????

I�m not asking you to LOVE IT (you have your own right to not like stuff) but just to open your minds to different stuff. If Bob accepted it, there�s gotta be a reason...
Watch your mouth...uh...your typing. "Piss you off?" Come on. Really Christ-like.

Second. Your crappy attitude is like this: Give us your opinions, as long as you agree with us, and as long as you agree with Bob. You guys with this mindset are no better than the legalistic, modern-nazi fundamentalist wackos out there. Free speech, as long as we agree and it suits US. Wow. Include the US government in that group too.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Brent

Post by epdc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:37 pm

donpt come with that speech of very "Christ-like", I know is a bad expression but that was the only one who could totally expressed how I felt. I apologyze for that expression.

If you would READ what I said (because I assume you didn�t, oh I see, you only read the cuss word) you would see that I put: I�m not asking you to LOVE IT (because everyone has their right to not like stuff) but to have an open mind, if Bob likes it, is because of a reason.

And if this cover is being released it means THAT BOB ACCEPTED AND MUST LIKE IT. So yeah, I can say that Bob totally agreed with that cover.

The reason why I got mad is that most of the critics weren�t constructive at all, some were mean and YOU ALL KNOW THAT.

I believe you guys should watch your mouth and be constructive with your opinions, remember this design was made by someone and I�m sure this person is expecting constructive opinions and come on, quoting Brent: that is not "Christ-like". As brothers and sisters (and I mean this) we have to be different to the world, the world will give critics that will destroy our work sometimes but as christians we gotta be different, if we are gonna give opinions, we gotta do it in a construcitve way.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Brent

Post by Kirkman » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:53 pm

epdc wrote:And if this cover is being released it means THAT BOB ACCEPTED AND MUST LIKE IT. So yeah, I can say that Bob totally agreed with that cover.
Elo, consider this:

I suppose Bob and John have a pretty tight budget for this album. They probably didn't solicit multiple ideas for the cover. This might have been the only one they saw.

It's possible Bob really does like it a lot. But it's also possible that he is simply satisfied that it looks okay and it fits into his budget and time constraints. And that's good enough for him.

But regardless of whether Bob likes it or not, I know that *I* don't like it. I'm only one fan, but that's my honest opinion. "Opening my mind" won't change my mind. I know what I like and what I don't. This artwork doesn't cut it for me.

But, as I said before, I am eager to hear the music, because my gut feeling is that I will enjoy *that* very much.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:06 pm

You know what they say. Never judge a book by it cover. Its inside that counts. In this case, its a CD :lol:
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:13 pm

Well, it's been awhile since we've had one of these...

Brent, you've been known to use a few colorful terms yourself, so please, don't knock someone else for doing the same thing. Watching our mouths is something we should all be doing. Elo, don't take this stuff too personally. I don't think anyone is meaning to be disrespectful; it's just a matter of opinion, and we'll have differing opinions sometimes. And there's nothing intrinsically wrong with getting upset sometimes. It's how we handle it that matters.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

re

Post by epdc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:58 pm

Josh, I�m not asking people to LIKE IT, as I have said before, we all have a right to have our own opinions, we are not force to like stuff. I totally understand that.

What makes me angry is that some critics are kind of hard ya know, and I believe that if you are gonna give your opinion about something is with a good purpose, in this case maybe with a purpose of making it better or change some details.

But some comments sound a lot like "I�m going to destroy your design with my comments!" and GUYS, that shouldn�t be the thing.

Me as a writer consider a lot that when I make a critic about a writing, before writing a comment think:

What is the object of my critic? do I want to destroy the design or I wanna give an advice of how to make it better?

If you are writing with the first intention NO THANKS, nobody wantd your opinion. But if you have the second intention, then check what word you are going to use.

The mean comments I have read (not all but some) are just doing this: destroying a design and maybe making the designer feel bad. I know the artists don�t suppose to take stuff personally but COME ONE is a reality, if someone destroys your work you will feel kind of bad. Maybe not but it happens.

If we all were saying more contructive opinions or advices in a good tone this might happen: the designer might feel encouraged and do a better design if it�s neccesary.

I know what you are gonna say: the world is like that, you gotta get use to it. But as christians we are not like the world, we suppose to make a difference and on this case we gotta be different to the world when we make a critic. As a family in Jesus we have to encourage each other.

You can say what you don�t like but not in a mean way ya know.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!