New Year's Eve with II Guys from Petra

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

New Year's Eve with II Guys from Petra

Post by sue d. » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:42 am

New Year's Eve is just around the corner.... and you know what that means!

You're all still invited to come up to Sheboygan Falls, WI and ring in the new year with John & Bob!

So far there's around 6-7 Petheads making the trip - let's have MORE! There's NO snow on the ground at all, and it's been pretty warm, so bad weather shouldn't be a factor this week.

To wet your whistle, check out the news coverage that ran last Friday - a full 1/2 page feature article, along with a 'teaser ad' of John's smilin' face on the front page, upper left-hand corner (the best positioning there is):
http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbc ... 20623/1097

Come on up.... we're going to have a great time!
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:56 am

I would love to make it there but I have family doings with people from out of town. I'd better take this rare opportunity to spend time with them.
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven!!

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Re: New Year's Eve in WI

Post by carol d. » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:13 am

My husband and I will be there, only a two hour drive....I can't wait!! I am SOOOO excited!!

I've never really considered myself a Pethead since I'm really more of a John Schlitt fan (since Headeast--before Christ) and only a Petra fan since John joined--how many years ago!? On the other hand, I guess only a Pethead would be reading/posting on this board. So I must be one and didn't know it (hehe). :D

Maybe this John/Bob thing will produce a new name for us diehards....Schlittheads?...no, probably not good phonetically :oops: How 'bout "IIheads"? lol

Thanks for posting the article, Sue. The evening sounds wonderful and maybe I'll see some of you there!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:28 pm

Hi Carol,

Glad to hear you're coming up this way - I'm sure we'll meet - just introduce yourself to the person who'll be running around all over the place.

You're a Head East fan? Oh, then you'll enjoy meeting "brothertom" and his wife Terri, who also started out with Head East.

"IIheads"... That is too funny! Sounds like something from a horror movie....!
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:25 am

Hi Sue,

I'll be sure to introduce myself and I look forward to meeting you. It would also be fun to meet others who started out on Head East. (That seems like a lifetime ago!)

BTW: I'm the same Carol from Northern Illinois that you "listened" to on the phone last week. :)

I hope Joliet goes well and I'll see you New Year's Eve!!
0 x

brothertom
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brothertom » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:45 pm

It'll be a pleasure to meet another Easthead dragonfly Pethead. Wait a minute, that may be the ultimate definition of IIheads!!!

I sure hope the Bear-Packer game, now being played at 7:15, doesn't keep the masses away from Sue''s party! I'm setting my recorder. If I get lucky, noone will tell me anything about the game until I get home on New Year's Day.

Tom
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Well, that means I get to see you again Tom and get to meet a "new" Pethead - Carol! Cool.

Warren and I shall be there - the Lord willing and weather holding!
Can't wait!
Sam
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 pm

The Ultimate Definition... oh, too funny! We'll have to introduce John & Bob to the NEW Pethead moniker... IIheads... oh, every time I see that name I just laugh, envisioning this horrible monster, like Godzilla! lol!

Oh, don't EVEN get me started on that football game, Tom!!! I'm fit to be tied!

It's really going to hurt attendance - especially if it ends up that the Packers have a chance for a wild card with that game..

I suppose we'l have to put it on the big screen in the fellowship hall..... (oh, it just KILLS me to even THINK about turning that thing on!)

GRRRRRR>>>>>!

On a nicer note - yes, Carol, I'm sure you'll find me somewhere!
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:35 pm

Love your definition, Tom...LOL!!!

No silly 'ol football game is going to distract me; they last for hours anyway don't they? (hehe)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone since my husband is the only other Pethead (or, IIheads?) that I know.

Will some of you be going to the dinner, too?

Thanks for welcoming me to the club!
Carol
0 x

Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

No Wild Card!

Post by Bill F » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:42 pm

Hey Sue,

Though it kills me to say this being a cheesehead myself, I'm fairly confident the Wild Card scenario will be settled long before the kick-off of the Packers vs. Rears (Uh, I mean Bears).

I so wanted to be there with everyone and really thought is was going to happen. My parents live 45 minutes from there and we were planning on making the trip up. My mom has fully recovered from a tough battle with cancer and we were going to go up and celebrate with her. However, we had the worst six months financially that we have had in over 20 years and we just plain ran out of money in the last few months.

So, with that in mind, will you be video taping this Sue? I'm sure you will!!!!. BTW, the last investment I made before my financial situation went sour was in a computer system custom designed for running AVID video editing software. It's pretty slick and I have not had a lick of problem rendering, burning, etc. So, if you'd like me to do something with the video, just let me know.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:44 pm

That's too bad you couldn't have made it, Bill. You would have loved it.

The show was WONDERFUL - everything I had imagined. There was a beautiful stage setting, lots of ambiance, good sound, lights.. etc....

But most importantly - John & Bob. They were so ON. John's voice was great, he hit everything dead-on, and he and Bob really meshed as a team.

Bob had a bit of a throat problem coming on, so his voice wasn't where he wanted it to be, but he still sounded very good. He sang harmony on many of the songs, and they really, really blended together beautifully. I'm looking forward to seeing this part of it develop more; even though Bob's not a "singer," per se, his voice truly goes well with John's.

As always, Bob's guitarwork was excellent - that man can sound like a whole band all by himself. The audience loved it.

The whole evening had a bit of a different feel to it from the other shows I attended, though I can't quite put my finger on what it was. While there was plenty of wonderful music and lots of fun and laughter (Bob plays a mean set of keys!), there was also a very strong spiritual aspect to the evening. You really could sense the Lord's presence there that night... and I'm not the only one who has said that.

The audience was standing up for most of the concert, praising God and singing along with John. The guys shared from their heart, and put into words the things the Lord has done in their lives - and will do in other's lives as well, if people would just draw close to Him and allow Jesus into their hearts.

I really can't say enough about this new style of concerts the guys are doing... it's a whole new WONDERFUL thing the Lord is putting together.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Sorry... forgot the rest of your post. Thanks for the offer.

As far as video-ing, yes, I hired a professional crew do it this time. The company is going to do the production on it and all.

I really can't go making copies and such of this... it was basically for my own self, for John & Bob and for possible promo use if it turns out like I hope it will.

However, if enough people want a copy - perhaps Bob may be convinced to do something more with it. It would be up to him, though - not me.
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Perfect description of the evening, Sue. :P I have to say DITTO to everything. It was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and every bit of the "intimate setting" I had imagined. I, too, was awestruck at how Bob can make an acoustic guitar sound like an entire band...AMAZING. And, John's voice was just as FABULOUS as always!!

The icing on the cake for Mike and I was to meet, and be able to talk with, John and Bob. Even though we've been fans for over 20 years (and, me a Headeast fan before that) we had never had the opportunity to meet either of them. I was impressed with their sincere interest in speaking with "the fans." John was genuinely interested in hearing my story of how the Lord used his Headeast days as the stepping stone to my acceptance of Christian music when John joined Petra. I feel very blessed to have been part of this special evening.

It was a pleasure to meet both you and your mother, Sue. You both are delightful people. :) It was also nice to meet some other Petheads!

Mike and I spent the weekend in Sheboygan and decided we would like to go back when the weather is a bit nicer. The riverfront is beautiful and there seems to be quite a bit to see/do in the area. Plus, we had the best brats ever!! Sooooo....I am voting for another concert in 2007; spring, summer, or fall?!!

Blessings,
Carol
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:38 am

Sheboygan is the brat capitol of the world - did you see the brat eating contest on ESPN, filmed right here? (yeah, yeah..... small town claim to fame - what can I say?)

It really is nice here in Summer... the boardwalk along the river is really pretty, as is the shoreline of Lake Michigan - beautiful sand dunes that are not found anywhere else in the U.S.

You're ready for a SPRING concert? What... you trying to KILL me?! lol!

I'd love to do something in summer... but judging from the NYEve reaction, I think the church would be game to do Dec. 31 again.
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:02 pm

OK, OK...I'll take a concert any time of year....lol!

I did learn about Sheboygan being the brat capitol and told Mike we had to eat a brat while we were there. He gave me a look that said "we can eat a brat at home" but when we actually ate one he agreed it was a whole lot better than any he'd ever had. Y'all know how to fix 'em!! 8)
0 x