How about a book from Bob?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

Kenyan?

Post by Bill F » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Hello Vic,

Welcome aboard. What part of Kenya are you from? My wife and children went with a group about 1 year ago to do some work in the Mombassa area. Then traveled out to plant a new church among two different Masai groups; one in Kenya and the other in Tanzania.

I'd love to hear more about where you're from.

God Bless,

Bill
0 x

Vic
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Vic » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 am

I reside in Nairobi, the capital city, but I'm from a highland town called Eldoret. You'll need a map to see where it is- but all you need to know is that most of Kenya's record breaking athletes hail from around Eldoret. Mombasa (and Kenya) is really a beautiful place ya'll Petheads need to experience.

May God bless you and your family for your labour for Him. When next are you coming to Kenya?
0 x

tomtsc
Pethead
Pethead

Post by tomtsc » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:10 pm

[quote="p-freak"]Yeah, I know about the Prayer Warrior Devotional on eBay. I got outbid by some guy from the UK. It went for over 40 AU$.
quote]

I have a copy of The Petra Prayer Warrior Devotions and if there is enough interest, I will put it up on e-bay. It is in fair to good condition for being almost 20 years old.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:31 am

Hey Tom, I didn't read your post until today... I might be interested. It seems like there are several different versions of the Petra Prayer Warrior Devotions booklets around. It seems like they're suddenly popping up from all corners! I had never seen one for sale in the last 8-9 years that I've been collecting... The Australian one was called Petra Prayer Warrior Devotions Book I, with a This Means War! photoshoot-picture. I just bought my copy on eBay. It's the 1988 version, with an On Fire! photoshoot-picture. Is your copy the same as mine? If not, I am interested in buying it.

Check out details for my own copy at: http://home.filternet.nl/~p.th.vanwinge ... tions.html
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:56 am

I'd be interested too, if it's the full version.

I have one that's just one booklet.
0 x

tomtsc
Pethead
Pethead

Post by tomtsc » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:20 pm

That is the same copy I have. I will put up a picture as soon as I can.
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:58 pm

I'd love to read an autobiography from Bob, but I think John's would be equally (perhaps more) interesting. Bob's would be filled with the kind of Petra-related, CCM history stuff that Petheads would love to read. But John has the advantage of a more "glamorous" story, what with the alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and decade-long career as a successful mainstream rock artist (with Head East).

Although...the Louie thing might present a stumbling block. At least the John-Louie split would have to be written about sensitively.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:13 pm

spottacus wrote:I'd love to read an autobiography from Bob, but I think John's would be equally (perhaps more) interesting. Bob's would be filled with the kind of Petra-related, CCM history stuff that Petheads would love to read. But John has the advantage of a more "glamorous" story, what with the alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and decade-long career as a successful mainstream rock artist (with Head East).

Although...the Louie thing might present a stumbling block. At least the John-Louie split would have to be written about sensitively.
That's the idea!

OK, it is not strictly an autobiography, but John's story is being written. Actually, at this point, largely being edited.

Life seems to really be hurling stuff at me the past 10 months or so. But I WILL prevail!
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8