Classic Petra's Facebook

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Re: Classic Petra's Facebook

Post by Enosh » Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 am

I wouldn't tell anyone that divorce is great or should be there option. I'm saying that not everyone who goes through a divorce is in the wrong. Yet that is the first thing our legalistic minds gravitate to right away when we hear the word.

Where divorce may be sin it is forgivable. And the truth is that everyones situation is completely different. Like your uncle I did everything I could. In the end both parties have to work on it so it is unfair to group all those who are divorced together.

It is something you cannot truely understand unless you live it.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 am

RE: Divorce -- In my opinion, the reason there are so many divorces today are because like everything else in our culture, people don't have the patience to wait before they marry in the first place. What is really a bummer though is that a lot of so-called Christians see divorce and see sin and stain. That's not necessarily the case because sometimes only one party wants the divorce or is unwilling to try to work it out. Yet, both end up with the "divorced" status.

I imagine that is why Jesus discouraged us from judging one another and encouraged looking for good fruit from other's lives.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:57 am

It's not all about waiting to be able to get it right. My wife and I knew each other for less than five months from the time we met to the day we married, but we both went in knowing what we wanted from and for each other and also understanding that the love we declared for one another was not as much about how we felt about each other, as it was an act of our will toward each other, to be there and to care for one another for the rest of our lives. The Ephesians 5 kind of love that loves as Christ loved the church. If both parties go in with that understanding and that level of commitment, they stand a far better chance in my opinion. That is truly the only way you can really stand through better or for worse. My wife and I will have been married sixteen years this July.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 pm

+1. I knew my wife three months. There are too many people from the big WW days that married within days, weeks and months and stuck it out. The difference now is that people think that they have an accepted out of an agreement that really is just a legality and not something that actually fuses two together. People just don't have the "want to" anymore. Life is too short for that crap IMO.

We were not made to handle the baggage of multiple partners, families, etc. Heck, there are studies that say people were not made to multi-task. Multi-tasking leads to stress and sleeping disorders. If it is not good for us on the job, it sure can't be good to have multiple relationships going.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Enough about divorce already, I'm sorry I asked, let's talk about Petra's reunion now!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Brent, I had to chuckle at your earlier reference to the "Petrafied" mail flyer. By the time I got around to destroying my cassette liners, it was called "Battle Plan" What a huge day it was when it showed up in the mail 2 or 4 times a year. Order up a 12 pack and call in sick.... Battle Plan just came in the mail. Those were definitely the days.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm

You doing ok? I haven't heard from you in a while. Soon some of your musical influence will be available. Will send you a copy when it's time. Email your address.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

Presumably someone will be opening for Classic Petra for these dates they have planned?
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Sat May 22, 2010 8:17 pm

sue d. wrote:I remember Josh Renaud of Petra Rocks My World, who put up a disclaimer right on his homepage, so all would know that the band was not running the site - it was HIS site.
No matter how prominent I made the disclaimer (and it is on every page of the site), it didn't stop the slew of emails from people addressing me as if I *was* Petra. :)

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sat May 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Josh long time no hear.

What is your take on the classic lineup?
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

The Petra fanpage on Facebook is saying it is now 100% official.
Is it true?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Petraband
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

HudsonPethead wrote:The Petra fanpage on Facebook is saying it is now 100% official.
Is it true?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Petraband

In his comment he says he added on John and Greg as admins; and that he is just a 17 yr. old kid. That explains why it's not all accurate, but it was a good effort for a kid! So I guess Sherri or Sue will be the admins for John, and someone for Greg (unless he does his own FB stuff). So hopefully the info will be corrected.
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm

On facebook you can make anyone an admin of a page, just by selecting them. It doesn't ask the person if they want to be one.
0 x