Classic Petra's Facebook

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Re: Classic Petra's Facebook

Post by CatNamedManny » Mon May 17, 2010 10:56 am

sue d. wrote:Again - I'm asking a legitimate question: coincidence - or not? Can you answer that question? It may sound like sour grapes - but no. It is simply a question that I'm curious as to the answer.
I don't understand this. I can ask lots of questions and label them legitimate. "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? It's a legitimate question!" Except questions are often used to make points we'd rather not state explicitly.

Best I can tell, to "question" the timing of the Classic Petra reunion when there are dates booked for Farewell Petra imples one of two things: That this is some way to foul things up for the Farewell version (makes no sense since Bob is a member of both), or that this is a hoax/unofficial/not as substantive as we have been led to believe. This makes more sense, but it seems we've gotten pretty solid confirmation that this is legit.

So if neither of the two possible motives for the question make sense, then I don't think I can agree that it's a legitimate question. If there's another reason for asking it, then I apologize and will gladly await that reason.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am

I won't try to speak for Sue, I'll let her answer your question in more detail, but if you will read the posts again it hasn't been confirmed that the person running the Classic Petra site is connected with them; it appears to be a fan posting unconfirmed info. I don't know who they are or where they're getting their info, so I won't get into that. It appears the concern is the second one you're wondering about, the info being unofficial, and she's trying to get clarification.

There is a place to ask questions.

Time will tell as Enosh pointed out earlier.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Not to mention, why does anyone owe her an answer to that question? The question is a straw man because it presupposes that there are nefarious motives behind the announcement. Nobody owes an answer to a question that is based on a baseless presupposition. Petra has always tried to be very careful about announcing too much information too soon. Sue used to be a big a big defender of that practice, but now it seems inconvenient for her, so it has become a problem. They will give us more information when they are ready to give it to us and that's that. I'm sure it's hard for Sue because she is usually an insider, but on this she isn't, so she has to deal with being in the same place as the rest of us. Yeah, it sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Shell - Greg has publicly confirmed this and that's enough for me. Not sure why it isn't for you, but until somebody else officially involved comes out and says something to the contrary, I have no reason to doubt what he has told us.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

Ya I would just like to say that I have NO OPINION on who is MORE official and who should be viewed as the"REAL" PETRA. I think if they both are out there then awesome they can both use the name if they want. Heck call themselves Col. Sanders Chicken Coop I don't care I will go and see them if they are playing becasue of who is in the band and they interest me. The band name is just a name. What I am speaking to when I use the word OFFICIAL is a spokesperson for this band as well as their professional managment. These have not been done. If Greg X announced this on facebook well big freakin la de da. Thats facebook it could be a 400 pound arctice polar bear for all I know. He should put it on GregXVolz.com then that would make a lot of people feel a little better but until then it does seem (I said seems) like this CLASSIC PETRA is starting to take away from FAREWELL PETRA which is unfortunate because we do know 100% that they are playing a few shows.

I am not bitter at all about Classic Petra and truly hopes that it turns out to happen but I also hope Farewell Petra does not get lost in the mix of rumors, little green men, giant walking donuts, Elvis Sightings and everthing else that is weird
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

The classicpetra.com website is registered with 3kStatic. 3kStatic is a band/musical group. Some of the guys starting a record label, called dPulse. Two years ago they picked up Greg (Volz) and give him a new platform. They released God Only Knows on dPulse. So the site is registered by the record label who's released Greg's most recent solo records. (Incidentally they're also Kevin Max' label.)
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am

petranite wrote:He should put it on GregXVolz.com then that would make a lot of people feel a little better
To be fair, announcement of Greg's latest solo record did appear on his website until a couple of months after it was actually released. I don't think gregxvolz.com isn't one of Greg's main priorities. And I'm not even sure if he's running it himself.
0 x

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Mon May 17, 2010 11:45 am

Questions that cannot or will not be answered for everyone.

1. Why did Louie get fired/quit Petra?
2. What's up with Greg X marriages?
3. Does Bob in fact have a hamster growing on his head?
4. What did David Lichens REALLY Do while in Petra?
5. Why Pete Orta was fired/quit?
6. Why Greg X was fired/quit? (Solo Career/Family Time)?
7. Why is/did Paul playing for Rev. Horton Heat?
8. Why was Sue left on the outside of CLASSIC PETRA?
9. Did Mark Kelly really get his moon boots from the moon?
10. Can John Schlitts last name really be mistaken for a curse word?

These questions may never be answered for all of us but I'm still asking them. Why? Because I can. Why? I already amswered that. It's BECAUSE I CAN!!!!! Sue and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things but she has helped book John & BOB and ya it sucks that BOB didn't fill her in but hey I guess thats BUSINESS BUSINESS BUSINESS.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am

If Greg X announced this on facebook well big freakin la de da.
If you followed Greg on facebook, you'd know it's actually him. It's pretty obvious.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 am

Personally, I don't have any problem with anybody asking anything. Yes, you can ask whatever you want. My only point is that none of us are OWED an ANSWER to any of our questions.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 am

Again, you're reading too much into this, I did not see anything saying she thought she was owed an answer and if you think she shouldn't presume, you shouldn't make presumptions about her wanting to be an "insider". If you want to go that route, one might assume you have bitterness issues yourself. I do think they should be ready to back up any info they do happen to release, but that's just my opinion, and as has been pointed out anyone can put anything on the Internet.

I think I've said all I'm going to, this could be debated until doomsday.

Oh, and just thought I'd throw in...I haven't agreed with everything petranite has said but I love his last couple of posts. :lol:
Last edited by Shell on Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:08 pm

one might assume you have bitterness issues yourself.
Bitterness about what? I'm just stating how this discussion has looked to me.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 12:26 pm

And that's all anyone else is doing, discussing how things might look to them, that's what discussion boards are for.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Just read my Classic Petra Update post. You big answers there. I talked to the manager today.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Well thats all the confirmation I needed I guess its official now. You have stated the facts with no supporting evidence other then your own posting. CONFIRMED. YAY!!!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Okay, wait a minute, that's a bit unfair. There is another post and he did say not to just take his word for it. If there is a number available, you should check it out. I do understand what you've been trying to say but he did post information for the rest of us. We have the option of what or what not to do with it now.

I guess I lied when I said I wouldn't make any more posts, but I think I've said all I'm going to here. :P
0 x