TBN Show Promotion

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ErioL
Pethead
Pethead

Re: TBN Show Promotion

Post by ErioL » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Facebook is, in a sense, word of mouth. If I tell my friend through FB that Petra is playing a show on Saturday, does that friend consider the source of the information Facebook or me, his friend? Facebook is interesting because it is both medium and a source.
0 x

Vic
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Vic » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:50 pm

separateunion wrote:
Vic wrote:Facebook is still not an effective marketing tool for events. Word of mouth beats it by far. Our church always does surveys on events attendance and FB always turns out as the least effective while WOM turns out the highest.
Of course, we have to take scope into consideration when discussing how effective of a marketing tool facebook can be. Obviously, if a smaller area is being covered, such as a church event, word of mouth and flyers and such are going to work best. But we're talking about an international tour and an album that could be sold worldwide. That's a lot of ground for word of mouth to cover. How many Petra fans do you know in Europe outside of the people that post here? How many do you know in the next state over? The next city? I've gotten tickets to concerts at the last minute because someone got on facebook and said that there were a few extras available. Word of mouth would not have told me that.

in the context of your explanation, you are very right.
0 x

Vic
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Vic » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:59 pm

ErioL wrote:Facebook is, in a sense, word of mouth. If I tell my friend through FB that Petra is playing a show on Saturday, does that friend consider the source of the information Facebook or me, his friend? Facebook is interesting because it is both medium and a source.
Well, partially correct, Still, I think man a relational being. Seeing some one online is not the same as meeting him in the flesh. Thats why pple travel miles to see a live concert, otherwise they have many other ways of listening to the music.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:00 am

Most of you won't care, but I have been making progress on youtube I have posted comments on most of the videos with Greg, and have gotten many comments back by people saying thanks for the heads up and people saying they are looking foward to the concert and new album. So youtube seems to be a good way to spread the word around.
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 am

Great is Youtube for dissiminating information. Seek it people must. Use the tags wisely young Skywalker/
0 x
People are returning to God by leaving the church.

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 am

Edward wrote:Great is Youtube for dissiminating information. Seek it people must. Use the tags wisely young Skywalker/

The force is strong with this one.
0 x