John to sing Christmas Classics on TBN Dec. 22

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: John to sing Christmas Classics on TBN Dec. 22

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

My second wish is that there would be no talking or preaching of heresy.
For TBN to not preach heresy there would pretty much have to be no talking. I'd put an LOL! but it's really not funny.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 pm

If you read the whole original post -- it will be ARCHIVED on TBN's site, and Trodland will capture it as well.

Plus I'll get the DVD of the whole thing so we'll have a good, good copy.

I'm trying to watch it now online, but the program's constantly buffering. Could it be there are too many logging in to watch? ;-)
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Must be my stupid server... I hate Charter. I'm watching at the LOWEST stream, which is utterly ridiculous since I am buying a 10 mg package.

I don't know exactly what time John comes on, but it's in the first hour, after Donna VanLiere reads some of her story. That's as close as I can tell you.

The DVD is just for us to have and re-post a good quality on jws.com; it's not for resale or anything like that.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Watching now!! He has a strong message
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BForm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

That was nice. When I first heard him start Oh Holy Night in a very traditional style I was concerned that it might not work well for him, being that his strength is as a gritty rocker. But it really worked will.

Was it just the two songs or is there more to come?

Never mind. He's on again with What Child is This.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:59 pm

At last John doing some Christmas classics, and my FAVORITE, Oh Holy Night none the less! It was about time for some Petra Christmas Carols!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm sorry b form did you see a difference show than I did? Let me say first of all that you are right when saying john has a great message.

Unfortunately I felt really bad for him Even embarrassed. It was awful. How can anyone say that the songs fit him. Just listening I could tell that age is catching up with him and the voice is starting to go. My grandmother called me Because she was watching it And couldn't believe How john sounded. He forgot all of the words Just like usual But I honestly felt bad for him.
He was great when he spoke.. everything he said was right on. the way he would start to sing it was actually distracting. I think he should concentrate on speaking If the vocals arent gonna be there . I'm sorry but that's an honest review. I love john but this was not good at all and he knew it. he even mentioned how good everyone else was. I'm praying for john.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Darn it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 am

Enosh, just what show were you watching?

Voice is going? forgot ALL the words "like usual"? are you serious?

I saw him live last week, and he hit EVERY word except for one (which was not very noticeable), EVERY note and his voice was definitely 'not going.'
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 am

sue d. wrote:I saw him live last week, and he hit EVERY word except for one (which was not very noticeable), EVERY note and his voice was definitely 'not going.'
He wasn't talking about last week. He was talking about the show that was on tonight.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 am

Sue. You're talking about the TBN show that aired tonight right? I have it on my dvr right now and rewatched it to verify. He most certainly did forget many of the lyrics to those songs.

His voice was very thin. That's just a fact. He hit one note that was impresive because it came out of nowhere. His voice sounded very weak for the rest of the performance. That's just the truth. I understand its your job to promote himhim so I don't expect you tocome out and say it was rough but come on. My grandmother who loves john called me to ask if there was something wrong with his voice and why he sounded like he was mumbling some lyrics. Sue everybody knows john forgets lyrics. Its a common fact.

Like I said his interview was great. He made several really great points. I enjoyed that. But he even kept shaking his head when he messed up. Again That's just what happened. I know people love him and support him but to blindly act like that was a worthy john schlitt performance is not based in reality.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:51 am

Well, I sure didn't notice any voice going...... I just saw him in concert this past weekend and the way he sang 'O Holy Night' was phenomenal!!! I really liked his spin on the song and I was certainly moved by his whole concert!

I don't know if I appreciate the extremely negative review, Enosh. This is a person you are talking about that we all love and care about and we should be building each other up, not tear each other down. I know this is the way you felt about what you observed, but should that really be said in such a blunt way on a public forum? I don't think that's the best idea as you are talking about a brother in Christ.

None of us are ever, ever perfect in anything we do, certainly not live performances. I'm sure you as a performer/singer/worship leader have had many blunders in your own concerts and you always hope that your audience is forgiving and still will continue to support and appreciate you.

As a performer myself I know that there are times that we are just not quite on, but that doesn't mean that this is how we are all the time. I know John has his moments and he forgets lyrics - but so do I, so do other people. It just happens, specially if you are singing songs that you don't always sing.

Sometimes I feel it's better to keep things to one self if we have negative things to say and rather PRAY not SAY. So if you feel that John has struggled, then please do pray for him, for his voice, for his safety, for his concerts that he would reach people - as a prayer cover is extremely important if we go out as God's servants in the mission field in the form of a concert.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:05 am

If a voice was "going" this week, it certainly would have been "going" last week as well. It was not.

You stated "He forgot all of the words," which is not true. Yes, he messed up SOME, not ALL. Big difference. Words like "all" make a big difference to someone who's reading a post.

I'm not sure I understand the meaning of "thin." As in hesitant? In portions, yes a bit. But to call it 'awful' is uncalled for.

TBN called him just a few days ago to do this, so there was very little time to prepare.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:09 am

.......and by the way....... I think John, as a faithful servant of the Lord deserves better than that.
He deserves RESPECT!!!!
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:13 am

sue d. wrote:If a voice was "going" this week, it certainly would have been "going" last week as well. It was not.
Enosh was talking about a specific performance. Just because he sounded good last week doesn't mean that he couldn't have had an off night.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."