WHERE'S THE TOUR DATES?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petranite
Pethead
Pethead

WHERE'S THE TOUR DATES?

Post by petranite » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 am

Still waiting on that 40 city US tour. You knowthe routing schedule we saw a few months back where they were kicking off in Louisville October 2010 I believe. You know the tour where Sue and I were blasted on the board for doubting. Well it's now Feb. and no tour dates other then a mini set at Cornerstone and a one off in NY. Still waiting 4 months later then original start date for some news.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Re: WHERE'S THE TOUR DATES?

Post by trodLAN » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

Here in Norway we care about Classic Petra, and we have managed to get them come over to play at The Seaside Festival.
http://www.sginfo.no/
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Well that's great Trodlan that the band is going to Norway. I bet you guys asked them to come play, it wasn't offered.

Seriously if they want to get dates in the US, classic management needs to be on the phone trying to get dates, not blogging then waiting for results. All the dates so far are because the management was approached by the festival organizers. It should be the other way around. You can't sell unless it's in ya face sales pitch. It doesn't matter what it is you have to sell, you can't expect people to find you. I know I will get bashed for saying all this, but Christian or Secular, to sell something people have to know it exists, and it takes a lot of marketing. Not just one press release and word of mouth.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 pm

It would be nice if people just asked, but that is no longer reality I am afraid. They put feelers out long ago, and have been selling it. Right now, I think that this show is a bit pricey for what it is. There are lots of economical packages out there that appeal to more people. They will most likely get festivals, and those will potentially turn into more bites. Festivals are the best way to get in front of people right now. Cornerstone would be a good one to play.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:48 pm

They are scheduled to play Cornerstone. Feelers and such might have been put out but the promoters are the ones asking. I know one promoter found out through me and another found out through him; No one in the Petra Organization has ever approached them.
Their trying to get a combo package going in the Dallas-Houston markets but either management is not in a hurry to get anything moving or they are asking too much for what they want.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 pm

My understanding is that they were pitching to former promoters and churches they were affiliated with first. Obviously, they don't know everyone booking shows today. There is a reason why Pollstar and others exist....so people can get the info on who to call for their ideal show.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 pm

I know many non US countries will be happy to pay what ever just to get a band from the US over, that's why you see Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian some European countries with festivals booked, most of the people at these concerts will have never heard of Petra, and may not even know they are a Christian band, all they know is they are American & that is cool to them. Norway and Sweden are the exception they are predominately Christian countries. In a way this is good that people can be reached in Asia, provided there is a translator on hand. The US has higher expectations, they want young cutting edge performances at their festivals. I really hope now that the CD has been pressed on Sony and they have sent copies out to radio stations that the US can get a taste of what Classic Petra has to offer.
Attachments
tour.png
tour.png (138.35 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:18 pm

You know the tour where Sue and I were blasted on the board for doubting.
I remember that, petranite.

Interesting take on Asian countries, Daniel. But if they don't know bands are Christian, and only wanting to find American groups to come over - why would they chose Classic Petra? Wouldn't they go for secular bands which would have a broader fan base, and bigger potential for profit?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm

What are you talking about Petranite, can't you read there is already a tour of EUROPE AND ASIA posted and confirmed for some time now?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 pm

I was talking about the AMAZING tour "routing" schedule of the united States that was posted by Classic Petra managment that kicked off in Louisville and weaved from coast to coast in the UNITED STATES.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Yeah I know what your saying Sue, maybe because other bands are doing dates in the states?

I hate to use Gun's n Roses as an example with it's messed up lineup, but when they taped the live VHS for "Use your illusion 1 & 2" people in the states were annoyed because it should have been done on US soil, but the reason was because they couldn't get a audience like they could in Tokyo, so many US fans went to Tokyo for the concerts.

This is still the case today, here is the tour for GNR's last 3 years:

06.02.07 Monterrey Mexico Arena Monterrey
06.03.07 Guadalajara Mexico VFG Arena
06.05.07 Mexico City Mexico City Sports Palace
06.10.07 Perth Australia Burswood
06.13.07 Adelaide Australia Adelaide Entertainment Centre
06.15.07 Melbourne Australia Rod Laver Arena
06.16.07 Melbourne Australia Rod Laver Arena
06.19.07 Brisbane Australia Brisbane Entertainment Center
06.20.07 Brisbane Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre
06.23.07 Sydney Australia Acer Arena
06.24.07 Sydney Australia Acer Arena
06.29.07 Auckland New Zealand Vector Arena
06.30.07 Auckland New Zealand Vector Arena
07.03.07 Christchurch New Zealand Westpac Arena
07.14.07 Tokyo Japan Makuhari Messe
07.15.07 Tokyo Japan Makuhari Messe
07.17.07 Nagoya Japan Nippongaishi Hall
07.18.07 Tokyo Japan Nippon Budookan
07.21.07 Osaka Japan INTEX Osaka
12.11.09 Taipei Tawain
12.13.09 Seoul S. Korea
12.16.09 Osaka Japan
12.19.09 Tokyo Japan
01.13.10 Winnipeg Manitoba Canada MTS Centre
01.16.10 Calgary Alberta Canada Saddledome
01.17.10 Edmonton Alberta Canada Rexall Palace
01.19.10 Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada Credit Union Centre
01.20.10 Regina Saskatchewan Canada Brandt Centre
01.24.10 Hamilton Ontario Canada Copps Coliseum
01.25.10 London Ontario Canada John Labatt Centre
01.27.10 Montreal Quebec Canada Centre Bell
01.28.10 Toronto Ontario Canada Air Canada Centre
01.31.10 Ottowa Ontario Canada Scotia Bank Place

See a little similarity between this and Classic Petra?

And this year 2011:

Date City Venue
Aug. 27 Reading Festival
Aug. 29 Leeds Festival
Aug. 31 Belfast Odyssey
Sept. 1 Dublin 02 Arena
Sept. 4 Rome Palalottomatica
Sept. 5 Milan Forum
Sept. 8 Zurich Hallenstadion
Sept. 10 Metz-Amneville Galaxie
Sept. 13 Paris Bercy
Sept. 16 Geneva Arena
Sept. 18 Vienna Stadthalle
Sept. 21 Bucharest Romexpo
Sept. 23 Belgrade Arena
Sept. 24 Zagreb Arena
Sept. 27 Prague 02 Arena
Sept. 30 Antwerp Sportpalais
Oct. 2 Lille Zenith
Oct. 3 Arnhem Gelredome
Oct. 6 Lisbon Atlantico Pavillion
Oct. 9 Madrid Vistalegre
Oct. 10 San Sebastian Velodromo Anoeta
Oct. 13 London 02 Arena
Oct. 17 Birmingham LG Arena
Oct. 18 Manchester Men Arena
Oct. 22 Zaragoza Principe Felipe
Oct. 23 Barcelona Olimpic de Barcelona

There is nothing in the US, looks like we'll have to wait for the economy to kick off again.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:21 am

Patience- things take time. They did release a good album and they did record a concert. So it's not like nothing is happening.
0 x

Toby
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1999

Post by Toby » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:07 am

Daniel wrote:I know many non US countries will be happy to pay what ever just to get a band from the US over, that's why you see Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian some European countries with festivals booked, most of the people at these concerts will have never heard of Petra, and may not even know they are a Christian band, all they know is they are American & that is cool to them. Norway and Sweden are the exception they are predominately Christian countries. In a way this is good that people can be reached in Asia, provided there is a translator on hand. The US has higher expectations, they want young cutting edge performances at their festivals. I really hope now that the CD has been pressed on Sony and they have sent copies out to radio stations that the US can get a taste of what Classic Petra has to offer.
Sorry, but I don't agree completly with your opinion about US Bands in Europe. PETRA had always a big christian fanbase in Europe. PETRA can do more money in Europe&Asia than in the US. The Show in Switzerland is not a Festival. It's a hall for 3000 people. Petra played allready there in the 80's and 2004 on the J&H tour. We love bands from the US, but we want good quality. Swiss people are a very critical audience, so we don't take everything which is US-labeled. ;)

I can only talk for Europe. Looking forward to the (Classic) PETRA Show in Zurich!!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 am

rexreed wrote:Patience- things take time. They did release a good album and they did record a concert. So it's not like nothing is happening.
Just a little Patience woah woah yeah, just a little patience.... ;-)
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am

Toby wrote:
Daniel wrote:I know many non US countries will be happy to pay what ever just to get a band from the US over, that's why you see Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian some European countries with festivals booked, most of the people at these concerts will have never heard of Petra, and may not even know they are a Christian band, all they know is they are American & that is cool to them. Norway and Sweden are the exception they are predominately Christian countries. In a way this is good that people can be reached in Asia, provided there is a translator on hand. The US has higher expectations, they want young cutting edge performances at their festivals. I really hope now that the CD has been pressed on Sony and they have sent copies out to radio stations that the US can get a taste of what Classic Petra has to offer.
Sorry, but I don't agree completly with your opinion about US Bands in Europe. PETRA had always a big christian fanbase in Europe. PETRA can do more money in Europe&Asia than in the US. The Show in Switzerland is not a Festival. It's a hall for 3000 people. Petra played allready there in the 80's and 2004 on the J&H tour. We love bands from the US, but we want good quality. Swiss people are a very critical audience, so we don't take everything which is US-labeled. ;)

I can only talk for Europe. Looking forward to the (Classic) PETRA Show in Zurich!!
That's cool. When Petra played there in the 80's Toby, what tour was it? I am not 100% sure but I think they played in Zurich in 1999? cause I was in Germany at the time and wanted to go.
0 x