II Guys from Petra to host Today's Christian Music!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

II Guys from Petra to host Today's Christian Music!

Post by sue d. » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Make sure to tune in to your local FISH station, or any station that carries "Today's Christian Music" to hear John & Bob co-hosting the "Morning Show with Doug & Kim!"

Friday, March 23
7-9 a.m. CDT
http://dkradio.com/

You can also listen online by following the links on the website.

Doug will be out, so John and Bob will be hanging with Kim - and hopefully playing some II Guys tunes to boot!

The Morning Show is part of Salem Communications... a very large conglomerate.

The station is also set up to receive emails and calls while on the air....

Info (and an email form) is on this page: http://www.todayschristianmusic.com/default.aspx

"Doug & Kim will get your day started on the right track with great music, lots of laughs and chances to win from our prize closet. Let them know you're listening - send them an Email Doug and Kim, and during the show - feel free to give them a call - 800-826-3637. Click here for more info on the Family Friendly Morning Show."

You know what I'm saying, folks. Let's show that Petra fans are alive and well - and supportive of II Guys from Petra!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Let's put that Friday appearance on hold until MONDAY.

This way Doug will be a part of it too.

They are going to promo John & Bob's appearance all weekend, and then do the actual program on MONDAY.

Even MORE publicity - which is better yet!!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:19 am

I would have been able to catch the Friday show, but I won't be able to listen Monday.... Will this be recorded and / or archived??? Anyone here who is able to record this?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:48 am

It'll be a 2-hour long program, with lots of music interspersed, so it would take a bit of editing along with recording it.

I have a capture device that may be able to do it... as long as my computer stays on! Been having Blue Screen of Death issues galore. A friend is coming over on Fri to look at it, and if he can figure this out I'll give it a shot.

But I'd rather have someone who actually KNOWS what they're doing record it. :wink:

I suppose I could ask D&K for a copy; don't know if they regularly record things like this or not.
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:04 pm

sue d. wrote:I have a capture device that may be able to do it... as long as my computer stays on! Been having Blue Screen of Death issues galore.
mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac get a mac

:)

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1990

Post by petrabandca » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:26 am

I agree with Josh....Get a Mac!

We just got a new Mac Pro and it's great! This thing is fast and it's hard to go between it and our old G4, but man that G4 doesn't give up. Mac just knows how to build them.

By the way, to all pc users that have now upgraded to Vista. The cool little dock/icon interactive features that you may think Microsoft created. Actually, Mac created with OS X back like seven years ago. I'm just saying that maybe Gates forgot about his market a long time ago.

I'm only letting you know because I've been hearing of a lot of pc users say "Wow, that OS X looks like Vista" WRONG!!!!!!

Have a great day,
James
0 x
http://www.enticity.ca

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

For those ...

Post by trodLAN » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 am

If someone didn't had the change to listen to this morning show, why not download if from http://www.petrafiles.com/files.htm

??
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Excellent!!!
0 x

Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

Thank You!

Post by Bill F » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks Brother. I missed the broadcast this morning but I'm listening to it right now. This is great. I hope they sell some CD's and book some concerts from this.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Blah! I have an old OS9.something at work - and it ALWAYS fries out Explorer on me.

BTW, my big monster machine is now running nicely - apparently a ribbon wire inside was blocking the fans on my video card (it's a big, big card!). It's been put back in it's proper place and so far, so good!

Vista? I just got XP! lol!
I hope they sell some CD's and book some concerts from this.
You and me both!!!
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:34 pm

sue d. wrote:
Blah! I have an old OS9.something at work - and it ALWAYS fries out Explorer on me.

BTW, my big monster machine is now running nicely - apparently a ribbon wire inside was blocking the fans on my video card (it's a big, big card!). It's been put back in it's proper place and so far, so good!

Vista? I just got XP! lol!
I hope they sell some CD's and book some concerts from this.
You and me both!!!
Well, that is your problem. Using a MS application that is no longer supported on Mac. Use Safari or better yet Firefox!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:48 pm

I bugged the boss about a new computer - and it's arrived (a PC, btw). :wink:

I'm waiting on the tech support dudes to bring it up and transfer everything... could get interesting!
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:13 pm

sue d. wrote:
OS9 is ancient history ... I'm not surprised it gives you trouble. OS X has been the Mac standard since 2001. It runs pretty much flawlessly on my machine at home. Problems have been few and far between.

Internet Explorer for Mac is also ancient technology. The newest (and best) browsers are Safari and Firefox. (If you're stuck with OS9 for a while, you could try the last release of Mozilla for OS9, called WamCom Mozilla. It is about the most modern browser you can get. It was released in 2003)

If you're going to be on PC, then I would highly recommend Firefox.
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

biggestfan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by biggestfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:20 pm

Hey Sue. Computers are one of my favorite topics of discussion (along with petra.) Know one computer you should never get? An alienware! I figured out I could build a computer just as good for less than half the price! (And this was a 7000 dollar computer) And I agree with kirkman. Get firefox. Everyone I know who uses it (including me) says it runs faster than the other browsers. It just takes a little longer than internet explorer to open up.
0 x

adrinux
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-up Call
Pethead since: 1999

Post by adrinux » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:04 am

h3ll yeah!!!
people think firefox is slower than ie just because it takes a little longer
to open up. I'd rather wait a "longer time" for it to open up than have
lots of troubles using ie...
0 x
To learn recursivity, first, you need to learn recursivity.
Para aprender recursividade, primeiro, tem que aprender recursividade.