"The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
DeSoto
Pethead
Pethead

Re: "The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Post by DeSoto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 pm

This clearly rocks and was worth every second wasiting. Wow thats John at his best...
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Incredible! Fantastic!
This is the best album of John Schlitt.
This really rocks!
Praise God for The Greater Cause.
John's voice is amazing!
I am delighted with the CD.
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope y'all paid the bandwidth bill cause everyone will be downloading like crazy at 415MB ... :)
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 pm

You people that belong to file share sites or have that thieving software on your computers, please PLEASE do not allow it to sync to your libraries and share this before it's out. If you are a Spotify member, please do not listen to it through the player. It will be free in no time.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Post by trodLAN » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Has the offical album art been released?
"We will save the cover art for a later surprise!"
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm four songs in and this thing ROCKS! IMO its got a southern rock feel.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

andreasbjerre
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by andreasbjerre » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 pm

This album sounds really amazing. Lots of rocking! I am happy that the themes on the album are not only political, which was a fear of mine after listening to an interview with John. I don't like the lyrics on "Faith and freedom" because it is just too much stereotype american rhetoric and I think that the oppinion that USA is a "christian country" and the greatest country of mankind etc. is bull. But There are some really good lyrics on the album as well pointing at Jesus!

Put our faith in presidents
Powerball and weathermen
Legislate a lottery
Then promise all a sunny day
Now the clouds are in the sky
And once again we're asking why

Why can't we see
You're the hope
That we need
You lit the stars
You spun the earth
You gave us life
So tell me why can't we see?
You're the hope that saves the world

We can put faith in many things in this world, but in the end they will fail. Democrats will fail, republicans will fail, USA will fail, my country Denmark will fail...but Jesus won't! Thanks for reminding us John, and thank you for a great rock n' roll album!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:09 pm

...our potty mouth govern will fail hahahaha...

Before people rail on this guy for using the word BS, let us remember that fowl language and slang is all relative.
0 x

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 2004

Post by petheadeast123 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Faith and Freedom is the song John was doing vocals on when I visited the studio - and I liked it on first listen - and love it on the album.

I didnt listen until I had it all downloaded and on disc - then I hopped in my jeep for a cruise and cranked that sucker.

The whole album completely kills in my opinoin. I had high expectations and it STILL blew me away! John's right at home with his Rock 'n' Roll self but doesnt shy away from stepping outside of that box and playing around with some new stuff. He sounds great, the tunes are great (with great lyrics, music, and melodies), and the players on this album are sickkk - the guitar and drum sounds are REAL and fat - gotta love that! A truely top-notch sounding record - very much worth the wait.

WAY TO GO JOHN AND CREW!!!!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Downloading.... downloading.... waiting.... downloading....

Good to see Ian Eskelin involved. He's one of my favourite song writers. I love his work with All Star United.

No comment on the politics for now, until I've seen the full lyrics. If it's Eskelin writing on that song, at least here must be something good about it! :lol:

On a side note: I'm downloading the tracks individually because for the full zip file it asked me for a password again and it didn't accept either the normal password for the site or the special password for the download. Not sure if the problem is with my computer or with the site.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:14 am

I hope y'all paid the bandwidth bill cause everyone will be downloading like crazy at 415MB ... :)
Thanks to TRODLAND, we'll have no issues with this!
You people that belong to file share sites or have that thieving software on your computers, please PLEASE do not allow it to sync to your libraries and share this before it's out
Yes, PLEASE do not share this! You've been given a special download and are being trusted to keep this for yourself... you know, I can never figure out why someone would want to share & give away for free something that they paid for themselves! I don't get it....
0 x

crjensen
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by crjensen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:36 am

andreasbjerre wrote:This album sounds really amazing. Lots of rocking! I am happy that the themes on the album are not only political, which was a fear of mine after listening to an interview with John. I don't like the lyrics on "Faith and freedom" because it is just too much stereotype american rhetoric and I think that the oppinion that USA is a "christian country" and the greatest country of mankind etc. is bull. But There are some really good lyrics on the album as well pointing at Jesus!
I agree with my fellow countryman, Andreas. I will probably not put 'Faith and freedom' on my MP3 player. It is, as Andreas says, just too stereotype American rhetoric.

I love the sound of the album. Great rock music. But I am, contrary to Andreas, generally disappointed with the lyrics.
And, from reading the lyrics on the website, 'God' is mentioned twice. 'Jesus' not once.
I miss Bob Hartmann's amazing, biblical lyrics...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:35 am

You guys in other countries do not have the history or heritage, with so many Christians, Christian ministries, Churches, Christian bands, artists, networks, movies, etc. We are not a Christian nation, in that we allow freedom to worship as we please, but traditionally have been based on the same values that come from The Bible. If you read the true history, the president's letters, etc, you will find that many of the first presidents were pastors and held church services in the Capital building. Some of our founding fathers were Bible believing Christians. Some believed in God, but had other beliefs, practices and motives wrapped around it. Until the 1800s, some states had laws stating that public offices must be filled by Christians.

At our strongest times, we have clinged to God and have been public about it. We have changed our pledge to include under God. Congress declared that we ARE a "christian" nation. Not everyone that lives here and practices politics is a Christian. Not everyone in your country is non-believer. John is patriotic, knows what this country should be with so many claiming to be Christian, and knows what it is capable of if we sell out to God. Now, sadly, at our weakest times, we cling to God, and the government breaks it's own laws and prays to God in public. As soon as they feel comfy, they go back to business as usual. Kind of sounds like us on a personal level, right?

We Christians cannot wrap Jesus Christ and all things Christian around the USA and sell it. We cannot proclaim Jesus Christ to the world (we send more missionaries and foreign aid to the world than any other nation or body part of the "church") and wrap the USA with it. Christians belong to the Kingdom of God, New Jerusalem, not the USA, not your country. But, while we are here, we should be living better then we are. That is the heart of John. Watch his concert videos. You will understand it for yourself.

As for counting the name of God and Jesus in the music....uh, J&H didn't name drop that much. Bill Gaither doesn't name drop all of the time. There are books in the Bible with no mention of Jesus Christ by name. Name drop counting is kind of silly is it not? Do you have a Jesus name drop count quota for your daily conversations? No. Why? Context. He doesn't need to go there when he is delivering pre-paid music to the Bible believing Christians who know him, his testimony, etc. Come on. That is a little legalistic.
0 x

andreasbjerre
Pethead
Pethead

Post by andreasbjerre » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 am

brent wrote:You guys in other countries do not have the history or heritage, with so many Christians, Christian ministries, Churches, Christian bands, artists, networks, movies, etc. We are not a Christian nation, in that we allow freedom to worship as we please, but traditionally have been based on the same values that come from The Bible. If you read the true history, the president's letters, etc, you will find that many of the first presidents were pastors and held church services in the Capital building. Some of our founding fathers were Bible believing Christians. Some believed in God, but had other beliefs, practices and motives wrapped around it. Until the 1800s, some states had laws stating that public offices must be filled by Christians.

At our strongest times, we have clinged to God and have been public about it. We have changed our pledge to include under God. Congress declared that we ARE a "christian" nation. Not everyone that lives here and practices politics is a Christian. Not everyone in your country is non-believer. John is patriotic, knows what this country should be with so many claiming to be Christian, and knows what it is capable of if we sell out to God. Now, sadly, at our weakest times, we cling to God, and the government breaks it's own laws and prays to God in public. As soon as they feel comfy, they go back to business as usual. Kind of sounds like us on a personal level, right?

We Christians cannot wrap Jesus Christ and all things Christian around the USA and sell it. We cannot proclaim Jesus Christ to the world (we send more missionaries and foreign aid to the world than any other nation or body part of the "church") and wrap the USA with it. Christians belong to the Kingdom of God, New Jerusalem, not the USA, not your country. But, while we are here, we should be living better then we are. That is the heart of John. Watch his concert videos. You will understand it for yourself.

As for counting the name of God and Jesus in the music....uh, J&H didn't name drop that much. Bill Gaither doesn't name drop all of the time. There are books in the Bible with no mention of Jesus Christ by name. Name drop counting is kind of silly is it not? Do you have a Jesus name drop count quota for your daily conversations? No. Why? Context. He doesn't need to go there when he is delivering pre-paid music to the Bible believing Christians who know him, his testimony, etc. Come on. That is a little legalistic.

It is true that christianity played a large role in the history of the US. But if you look at what the country is today, you can't say it's a christian nation. So many bad and immoral things comes from the US. You have such a large population going to church, saying they are christians etc. but if you look into a lot of these churches, for example some of the "mega churches", it is not the true gospel about the fall of man, the sin of man, and the redemption of christs death and ressurection that are being preached. In stead it is a twisted gospel that focus only on the love of God, but not the holiness and the fact that you will go to hell if you don't receive christ in your life. So I think most christianity in america is just a cultural thing.

Also I think that it's a problem to call a nation christian. No countries are supposed to be christian. You should not put religion into politics the way you do in America. If you look at the old church in the new testament, the church is FAR from being political. I don't say you should not be a politician and try to make good influence as a christian. But the american way to mix politics and religion so much, to claim a true believer is a republican etc. All these things that a lot of americans would claim....I think it is SO far from how we should be as christians.

This is not written to say that I live in a better country. Denmark is one of the most anti-religious countries in the world. Most people are members of the state church, but the number of true believers are just a little part of the state church. And I am very much against having a state church also, politicians should not interact in the church.
So Denmark is not better. I just get a little angry when americans claim to be the best country in the world, being a christian nation and that kind of crap. It is a very arrogant rhetoric! Its a good thing to be proud of your nation, but humbleness should also be a part of your attitude! Lack of humbleness is probably one of the main reasons that a lot of european people have very negative oppinions about americans. And we shouln't, cause americans are very open and frienly people, but when americans are using a "too proud" rhetoric you are digging your own grave, making the whole world angry at you.

Hope I dont offend anyone, just had to say my oppinion, but I hope you know that I try doing it with love. We shall remember that we are all part of the kingdom of God, and that is where we really belong, and this is what make us ONE body of christ. Jesus is lord, no man on earth will ever be. Merry christmas to you all!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 am

You are right. I agree. We have 80+ percent claiming to be Christian and yet we murder more babies than Hitler, have over crowded prisons, do all kinds of squirrelly things under the covers.
0 x