Petra in Sao Paulo / Brasil in 2012

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
marcelo_dutra
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat the System
Pethead since: 1987

Petra in Sao Paulo / Brasil in 2012

Post by marcelo_dutra » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello Petheads!!

It´s a big pleasure to talk with everybody!

I´m Marcelo Dutra, from Sao Paulo, Brasil, and I´m the manager for Petra 40 Anos show (in english "Petra 40 Years"), and I´m here to explain better how is the project, and and how you can participate, if you desire, of this concert here in Brasil in 2012.

We started a crowdfunding iniative to make this show. before starting the project, we did a lot of praying about this concert, and talked seriously about all risks and details. Then we talked with Petra Reunion (or Farewell, as you in US like to call them) and Classic Petra, and explained the project. After this, we officialy started the sales, in 2011, April, 4th. Everyday we have solded a lot of tickets, and we have a deadline to end the sales, that´s 2011, August, 31th. Then, after this, we´ll pay and confirm all costs of this concert, and then, we can open international sales. This project has Sony Music Gospel Brasil support, and we are working hard to make this dream possible. But, always remembering: God is ahead us!

For now, International sales are still closed, but we wanna have you here togheter with us to celebrate these 40 years with near 4 hours from best gospel rock by Petra. For this reason, today we created for you an International Info section into Petra 40 Anos hotsite, that is:

http://www.petra40anos.com/?page_id=272

You can go there and have more information about the concert. There´s a form too where you can register your interest to come to the event.

So, Come and Join Us, Theres a Higher Place to Go!!!

See you here in Brasil in 2012!!!
Last edited by marcelo_dutra on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Petra in Sao Paulo / Brasil in 2012

Post by sue d. » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Marcelo has been working very hard on this for a very long time. It's sure to be a great time!
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:53 am

I see that sony music is involved with this concert? Does that mean there will be a professional dvd and cd release? and if so would it be available in the U.S?
0 x

marcelo_dutra
Pethead
Pethead

Post by marcelo_dutra » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

Hello Timbo!

For now, unhappy, I can´t tell you anything about a CD or DVD from this concert, because, first of all, we´re working hard to finish the ticket sales, pay all costs, and only after this, we can tell you anything else about the details from the event (if will have CD/DVD or something more).

Of course, Sony´s entrance in this project very important. Then, let´s... I think that good things will happen...

Blessings!!

Stay tuned at Petra40Anos.com !!
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:10 pm

I hope this show happens. Even more I hope a profesional dvd is made of the show for sale in the U.S. since there is no possible way I would be able to go to Sao Paulo, Brasil. In fact, I'm not sure why John Schlitt isn't touring with them. It shouldn't be Classic Petra and Farewell Petra. It should just be Petra. John should have at least been invited to do background vocals on Back to the Rock.
0 x

zuzoka
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1999

Post by zuzoka » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:16 am

This sounds awesome, but I want a Dream Team reunion so bad!
0 x

brunomonteiro
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: God Fixation
Pethead since: 1998

Post by brunomonteiro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

For all petheads around the world, Marcelo Dutra (the promoter of this concert) will make a live video conference only at the Petra 40 Anos Facebook Page.

Fans can send questions about the show, about the project, about the prices, everything! And Marcelo Dutra will answer this personally in the video conference. :D

This is a fantastic chance to erase any doubt that you may have! :mrgreen: Spread the word!!

Don't be shy or think that is it only for Brazilians. No, see what I said before, it's for all petheads around the world.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Post by JMBJR72 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Any chance of having a concert like this in US?
0 x

brunomonteiro
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brunomonteiro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm

JMBJR72 wrote:Any chance of having a concert like this in US?
Well, since it's a crowdfunding event, any country in the world can make a concert like this with any band, I think. All you need is just a commited team and hard work to organize everything the way that needs to be organized.

To all our brazilian friends, Marcelo Dutra (the promoter of this concert) made three videos explaining and erase all fans doubts. You can check this videos at his official You Tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/msdutrayt

Great stuff Marcelo, congratulations! :!:
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Interesting to actually HEAR what Portuguese sounds like after reading it so many times (with John's newsletter translations). Too bad I haven't a clue about what Marcelo is saying! :P
0 x

brunomonteiro
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brunomonteiro » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

sue d. wrote:Interesting to actually HEAR what Portuguese sounds like after reading it so many times (with John's newsletter translations). Too bad I haven't a clue about what Marcelo is saying! :P
Who wrote the portuguese translations in John Schllit website?
0 x

marcelo_dutra
Pethead
Pethead

Post by marcelo_dutra » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:03 am

Hello everybody!

I´m here to announce that I will put subtitles to help non-talking-brazilian-portuguese fans!!

I´ll work hard on this, and I´ll post the videos in You Tubue asap, ok?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am

A gal by the name of Jacqueline Estumano (Jac). She has a Facebook page if you want to see who she is (for all you guys out there - she's a model in Brazil, and has some incredibly beautiful shots on there). ;-)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am

I think we can see something like this here in the States. Nothing in the Heavens or Earth can stand against the fervant prayer of a righteous man.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!