Watching Louie on Classic Petra (TBN)

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Watching Louie on Classic Petra (TBN)

Post by Enosh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm

I welled up with tears watching Louie's interview parts on that program. I'm not trying to start anything, but man, can anyone else see the hurt in Louie's comments, eyes, and tears? You can really tell that the unfortunate events that led to Louie's departure from Petra greatly affected that man.

When he talked about how being Petra's drummer was all he ever wanted to be, and all he had aspired to be.... wow.... I thought Paul Simmons was awesome coming in after Louie, but Louie is "Petra's Drummer". Paul moved on to other things along the road, but man, Louie was deeply wounded by having that taken away from him. You can tell because we all know Louie as the cut up, silly guy. The band even says that about him in their interviews. Louie is the most somber of all when he speaks in his interviews.

Like I said, I'm really not trying to bring up old wounds, just that I love all who were involved at the time. I am very happy for Louie (especially) to be back in his rightful place. Even if the whole reunion thing doesn't go anywhere, I praise God that Louie is getting some closure and respect. May God continue to heal his heart.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Watching Louie on Classic Petra (TBN)

Post by petraman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Totally agree!
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

onyx
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onyx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I definitely agree, Enosh. I so love having CP back, but Louie especially. That whole situation broke my heart and having him restored is icing on the cake.
0 x

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm

I cried with him. But that was not the only time. I was very moved many times during the show.

Petra is a God thing that has blessed and affected so many people. I am lucky enough to be one of them.

I am off to buy the DVD now...
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Enosh, my bro. I agree 100% I just about lost it too watching Louie during his interview. That man has inspired me over and over again as a Drummer, Musician and Minister. I am so blessed and excited to see this line up back together too and Louie back on the drums sitting across from John L is so much sweeter these days, no matter who is singing lead.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I also fully agree. In the end it was up to God and not men whether or not Louie should continue to have a place in Petra and I for one am very happy to see that God has set right what once went wrong.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but that was the main thing I was happy about when I first heard of CP - that Louie would be doing his thing instead of just driving a tour bus. I didn't know it meant THAT much to him, though. Wow. I'm happy for him, and John Lawry too, for that matter. They are cool and I'm glad they are having a good time being back together.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 am

I think perhaps Louie now understands the saying, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone." If Petra meant that much to him you'd think he would have shown up for band rehearsals. Perhaps he would not have said some of the things and acted the way he did (les than godly or mature) at some gigs.

I'm glad he is enjoying his second chance with Classic Petra. But let's not look at his past "through rose-colored glasses."
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 am

I haven't seen it yet, I'll watch it when I get a chance. I'm glad Louie has had the chance to play with Petra again. I don't know all the circumstances, and I don't really need to, but I do know enough about human nature and I've seen enough similar situations to know there is usually right and wrong on the part of everyone involved.
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 am

Louie acting less than Godly, What!
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

calicowriter wrote:I think perhaps Louie now understands the saying, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone." If Petra meant that much to him you'd think he would have shown up for band rehearsals. Perhaps he would not have said some of the things and acted the way he did (les than godly or mature) at some gigs.

I'm glad he is enjoying his second chance with Classic Petra. But let's not look at his past "through rose-colored glasses."
Agreed! I know enough about the situation in the past with Louie and John to know that John's decision was not only justified but also was prayed about for sometime with John and Bob both before it was made.
If this means anything to anyone Louie was fired on Feb 8th 2003 and Petra was in the studio the very next week recording JAH.
I do think Louie now has changed for the better because I don't think he would be where he is now if he hadn't.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Calicowriter, you hit the nail on the head.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:55 pm

calicowriter wrote:I think perhaps Louie now understands the saying, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone." If Petra meant that much to him you'd think he would have shown up for band rehearsals. Perhaps he would not have said some of the things and acted the way he did (les than godly or mature) at some gigs.

I did sort of see the second thing at some shows (and John's embarrassment), but I didn't know about the first thing. Petra being in the studio and recording JAH a week after Louie's dismissal also says a lot.

This sort of confirms what I've always assumed: there must have been a valid reason for firing Louie.

But, we're all happy to see Louie again on stage with Petra. When you see him walking around, he's really grown old, more so than the other guys.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm watching it now--Mark Kelly got pretty choked up too; it wasn't just Louie.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:05 am

I think Shell hit the nail and drove it down to the core. You people think you got it all figured out. Being in a band is like being married. For things to go wrong theres got to be mistakes made on both sides. Ungodly is a very strong term to throw out so easily to a man of God that served this band longer than anybody else except Bob. What a way to thank his service. After so long i also would have wanted a bigger piece of the pie too, if i am going to spend my productive life on this band, you betcha i would, its only fair. I think all these comments have been ungodly, cowardly low blows for lack of a better term. You guys should be in a band sometime to taste what it is, to see how difficult christian band members get along. Come on go to a higher standard, than just badmouthing someone who gave you so much, costing him so much. Judging is great huh? There is a reason why on the Never Say Dinosaur CD there is a song called Louie's Solo.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.