Hard Rock

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: Hard Rock

Post by Dan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Enosh wrote:
the spirit of the old music was not captured, and John said that himself. He could not understand why the new guys would not play Bobs parts and wanted to change things, failing to capture the elements that made the songs magical.

Exactly. That is what John liked about AndBand. We actually strived to bring back those parts and recapture that feel. That is also what fans who saw us loved about AndBand.

I have seen the pictured incarnation of Petra several times, and watched video concerts of them. There was too much trying to change what Petra was. As it's already been documented several times, they failed to capture new fans with that sound, and alienated a huge part of their fan base as well. Even though I appreciate the music that was put out by Petra during that time, I still feel that as a whole it missed the mark of what the band was.
I have said it once, I will say it again.. Andband is more Petra than Petra.
0 x

tturner25
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by tturner25 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:13 pm

I know the Atlanta Hard Rock Cafe had there memorabelia in it back inthe late 90's. Not sure if it is there anymore.
0 x

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

Pethead94 wrote:Okay, now I'm wondering something else....
They said that Petra was the first Christian band to be inducted, does that mean there are other Christian bands there now?
Having zero information whatsoever, I would speculate bands like Switchfoot and Skillet likely have memorabilia in there, and probably Jars of Clay and dc Talk, and possible even crossover one-hit types like MercyMe and Sixpence None the Richer. It's cool that Petra is first, and it certainly is a testament to the band's accomplishments on some level, but given how many locations Hard Rock has and how much memorabilia they pack into each one, it's not exactly the most exclusive company.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.