Myrtle Beach

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Myrtle Beach

Post by pmal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 am

Still going as well ...
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm assuming this show is still a go? It looks like Irene will head north of there.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Ed Z
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Ed Z » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:37 pm

I hope the show is still on. I will be driving down from Cary, NC on Sunday. It is about a 4 hour drive, it would be a major bummer to drive 8 hours for nothing!
Ed Zack
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BForm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Not gonna make it now. The room that was open for me is no longer open.......and I'm getting the nasty summer cold that's been sweeping through this area. Bummer, but I believe I'll get another chance. Hope you all have a great time.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 pm

I was at the Panama City Beach Show today and Bob told me that all the shows this weekend are happening. Show review and video to follow soon!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Post by Pethead94 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am

fcollazo wrote:I was at the Panama City Beach Show today and Bob told me that all the shows this weekend are happening. Show review and video to follow soon!
Awesome!!
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Pethead94 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 pm

The concert was phenomenal!!!!
0 x

onyx
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onyx » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Pethead94 wrote:The concert was phenomenal!!!!
***Details, details! :mrgreen:
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Pethead94 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:39 pm

onyx wrote:
Pethead94 wrote:The concert was phenomenal!!!!
***Details, details! :mrgreen:
Well, they did alot of the songs from their new album, plus some other hits, such as Judas Kiss, All Over Me, with an encore medley of Stand Up and Without Him We Can Do Nothing.
Afterwards, they had an autograph session... They wished me a happy birthday and shook my hand. They're such sweet, nice, down to earth guys.

Before the concert, we were walking around the Boardwalk and I saw them... They were eating at Dirty Don's :) Louie came out and was walking around, and he waved at me... He must have noticed my Wake Up Call shirt...

I love Petra, they are so much better than anything I've ever heard in the secular scene.
0 x

tturner25
Pethead
Pethead

Post by tturner25 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I am glad to say that I went to the concert and really enjoyed the concert. I took my son and daughter with me to let them share the music that I followed since 1985-86. 1st concert for my daughter and 2nd show for my son.(1st for him was the recording of the Farewell album) This concert rocked from start to finish. It was a great concert. By the way, I even sat through soundcheck. We got there early and set up our lawnchairs. Passed by the tent in the back and Louie was sitting there and we waved to him and he waved back. A few minutes later my daughter asked if she could go say hello. She took it upon herself to go back there passed the security barriers they had set up and sat down and talked with Louie. He was very nice to her and sat and chit chatted with her. Of course my daughters name is Mickey and his daughter's name is Mickey, so they hit it off. Then I went back to get her, Louie waved for us to come back and say hello, as he was not going out in the sun. LOL. He was very nice to do that for us. Something my daughter will never forget. During soundcheck, he came over to Bob and said to him that there was Mickey, Tom and Tyler(my son) and pointed us out to Bob. Bob smiled and said hey. After the concert, my daughter went and stood in line as me and my son watched them break down the set. Louie was asking Mark what to do with his set list and he said, keep it. Then I asked Louie if we could have it and he gave it to us. Had the guys sign it for us and they were nice enough to have the kids picture taken with them. They were very nice and friendly after the show for us. What Louie did was kind of a personal note for me and my son and daughter. Will never forget that.
The concert was one of my top Petra concerts I have attended. An I have gone to approximately 40 since 1985-86. Ranks as one of my favs.
0 x

tturner25
Pethead
Pethead

Post by tturner25 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Pethead94. You noticed us when you walked up to where the concert was. I was with my daughter and son. You noticed my daughter had the same shirt on as you did. My daughter pointed you out as you smiled when you saw her shirt. I actualy got the shirt out of the closet for her to wear. She wasn't even born yet when I got that shirt.
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Pethead94 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:49 pm

tturner25 wrote:Pethead94. You noticed us when you walked up to where the concert was. I was with my daughter and son. You noticed my daughter had the same shirt on as you did. My daughter pointed you out as you smiled when you saw her shirt. I actualy got the shirt out of the closet for her to wear. She wasn't even born yet when I got that shirt.
That is so cool! I saw her, I thought that was so neat that we had the same shirt on ^_^
I must confess, I wasn't born yet when my mom got that shirt... But I was on the way (born a few months later).
So technically, this was my 2nd Petra concert.

Tell your daughter I said hello :D
0 x

tturner25
Pethead
Pethead

Post by tturner25 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Pethead94 wrote:
tturner25 wrote:Pethead94. You noticed us when you walked up to where the concert was. I was with my daughter and son. You noticed my daughter had the same shirt on as you did. My daughter pointed you out as you smiled when you saw her shirt. I actualy got the shirt out of the closet for her to wear. She wasn't even born yet when I got that shirt.
That is so cool! I saw her, I thought that was so neat that we had the same shirt on ^_^
I must confess, I wasn't born yet when my mom got that shirt... But I was on the way (born a few months later).

I will tell her. What a way to spend your birthday at a Petra concert. Glad your a Pethead!!!
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Pethead94 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 pm

tturner25 wrote:
Pethead94 wrote:

I will tell her. What a way to spend your birthday at a Petra concert. Glad your a Pethead!!!
it was a very sweet 17 ^_^
0 x