John as a guest artist???

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
randy_rc
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS

John as a guest artist???

Post by randy_rc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 am

Hi All!

I was reading some comments from the "Classic Petra management" and some fans on the classic petra blog...
And Yvonne said there was talk of maybe a future "Classic Petra" project with John Schlitt as a guest artist. They even said they'd talked to his management about it.

And I was just curious how you in the zone felt about bringing John into this... Because I'm more for just letting Greg have the spotlight for now. 8)
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Re: John as a guest artist???

Post by Pethead94 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:03 pm

If they bring John into it, then they can do the Back To The Street and This Means War stuff, which would be AWESOME.
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!

johntheumfreak
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 2003

Post by johntheumfreak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:16 pm

I'd be all for that, kinda like Farewell except this time it'd be John as the guest.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 pm

The first two Mastedon albums had different vocalists. They should do an album with songs from all periods of Petra's history, with both guys doing vocals on their respective songs, or sharing vocal duties on a few songs.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Sounds good to me.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Great!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 2004

Post by petheadeast123 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Thats awesome! I think they need to have him appear on an album and remake some of the old This Means War and Beyond Belief stuff that needs the updating that they gave the old hits on BTTR! That would be sweet! And then have one of the new songs be a duet with John and Greg!
0 x

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Another post that needs "like" buttons. I think a new album with both John and Greg singing with the rest of the guys would be awesome. (I also think selling tour dates would be easier, but that is another discussion.)
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 pm

And Yvonne said there was talk of maybe a future "Classic Petra" project with John Schlitt as a guest artist. They even said they'd talked to his management about it.
Kinda funny, because John doesn't HAVE any management. He manages himself, basically, though I always throw in my 2 cents worth, given the opportunity. :D

I'm not a manager, and John will be the first one to tell you that! lol (though I have been mistakenly called a manager, and introduced by others as one).

HOWEVER, one day on the phone we were talking. John slipped up and said something to the effect of "you're the manager, and you need to go ahead and.... "

I took that PRIME opportunity to exclaim: "OH MY GOSH! I've been promoted! I'm THE MANAGER! You said it! Yeah! Finally - after all these years you called me MANAGER! whoohoooo!"

He QUICKLY backpedaled and said "no... no....NO! I didn't say that! You're NOT my manager... I don't have a manager!"

Of course I begged to differ over the next few minutes of phone conversation.

It was a very hilarious moment in time....
0 x

randy_rc
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS

Post by randy_rc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 am

sue d. wrote:

Kinda funny, because John doesn't HAVE any management. He manages himself, basically, though I always throw in my 2 cents worth, given the opportunity. :D
Oh.. Well Sorry about that, I'm just repeating what I read form the Classic Petra Blog! :lol:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 am

...Like Bob would need to call anyone but John, his great friend and long time business partner, to ask if John would sing...come on.
0 x

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1985

Post by mkepethead » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 am

Pethead94 wrote:If they bring John into it, then they can do the Back To The Street and This Means War stuff, which would be AWESOME.
Just what I was thinking.
0 x
Petra Means Rock!

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Pethead94 wrote:If they bring John into it, then they can do the Back To The Street and This Means War stuff, which would be AWESOME.
Heck, just re-recording some Back To The Street songs would guarantee my money being spent! However, I would be absolutely thrilled if they re-recorded "Dead Reckoning" from This Means War!.
Last edited by St_Augustines_Pears on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Sorry...double post!
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:28 am

sue d. wrote:

I'm not a manager, and John will be the first one to tell you that! lol (though I have been mistakenly called a manager, and introduced by others as one).

HOWEVER, one day on the phone we were talking. John slipped up and said something to the effect of "you're the manager, and you need to go ahead and.... "

I took that PRIME opportunity to exclaim: "OH MY GOSH! I've been promoted! I'm THE MANAGER! You said it! Yeah! Finally - after all these years you called me MANAGER! whoohoooo!"

He QUICKLY backpedaled and said "no... no....NO! I didn't say that! You're NOT my manager... I don't have a manager!"

Of course I begged to differ over the next few minutes of phone conversation.

It was a very hilarious moment in time....
Well I wonder who they talked too if they actually did talk too anyone; I will give them credit for being consistent.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!