ClassicPetra.Com In Transition

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
BForm
Pethead
Pethead

ClassicPetra.Com In Transition

Post by BForm » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Just tried to log on to the Classic Petra site and it says it is in transition. I think there are some changes coming.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: ClassicPetra.Com In Transition

Post by Dan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Finally, so they do read the zone..
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

I sent an email to Bob Bender today (the new management) to see if he could tell me anything and saying that the fans really would like to know what's up. Haven't got a reply yet, but maybe it helped them realize they need to say something.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:53 pm

The blog can still be accessed.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:13 am

Preacherman777 wrote:The blog can still be accessed.
Great, I can still find out which shows are being cancelled.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:16 am

:lol: I was wondering when you would jump in with one of your observations Jonathan... :mrgreen:
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, I think it's important to acknowledge the good news here and that's that obviously somethings happening and once this transition is complete, hopefully we'll all have a better idea of what's going on.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Great, I can still find out which shows are being cancelled.

LOL.... you're SO bad!

Transitions and changes so early in the game..... one can only wonder....
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 pm

What's scary is his observations are usually pretty accurate...And he times them just right. :shock:
0 x

Jonathan
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 am

Well, its a bit frustrating (and boring, honestly) when that's all that's deemed blogworthy. This is their connection to the fans that remain, en masse. What did the guys do on their stops in a certain city? Perhaps there was a bit of scripture in a personal study they felt like sharing, something that is keeping them going when the road seems hard to travel. Maybe they are listening to a new artist, or an old artist and are drawing musical inspiration. Was there a certain restaurant they enjoyed? Maybe Bob figured out a new way to play a certain song, or someone is working on something great for an upcoming show. Maybe there's a cover song we should watch for...something to get buzz going, because there is none. I don't have to know everything they do at every turn, because that could get monotonous too, but, there is no human connection between classic Petra and Petra fans, just a itinerary updates? No thanks.

I have no idea what's going on, and maybe it is actually nothing.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 am

Jonathan wrote:Well, its a bit frustrating (and boring, honestly) when that's all that's deemed blogworthy. This is their connection to the fans that remain, en masse. What did the guys do on their stops in a certain city? Perhaps there was a bit of scripture in a personal study they felt like sharing, something that is keeping them going when the road seems hard to travel. Maybe they are listening to a new artist, or an old artist and are drawing musical inspiration. Was there a certain restaurant they enjoyed? Maybe Bob figured out a new way to play a certain song, or someone is working on something great for an upcoming show. Maybe there's a cover song we should watch for...something to get buzz going, because there is none. I don't have to know everything they do at every turn, because that could get monotonous too, but, there is no human connection between classic Petra and Petra fans, just a itinerary updates? No thanks.

Great ideas Jonathan! Maybe they just didn't think of this. Even I would be interested in stuff like that, and I'm only a nominal fan of those few years of Petra's music. Hopefully someone will see your post and take a hint.
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am

Jonathan wrote:Well, its a bit frustrating (and boring, honestly) when that's all that's deemed blogworthy. This is their connection to the fans that remain, en masse. What did the guys do on their stops in a certain city? Perhaps there was a bit of scripture in a personal study they felt like sharing, something that is keeping them going when the road seems hard to travel. Maybe they are listening to a new artist, or an old artist and are drawing musical inspiration. Was there a certain restaurant they enjoyed? Maybe Bob figured out a new way to play a certain song, or someone is working on something great for an upcoming show. Maybe there's a cover song we should watch for...something to get buzz going, because there is none. I don't have to know everything they do at every turn, because that could get monotonous too, but, there is no human connection between classic Petra and Petra fans, just a itinerary updates? No thanks.

So true, a lot of bands are using their blogs like this and its very interesting, and it keeps not only the fans interested but keeps the word of mouth and exposure going.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

Blogging, tweeting, etc is hard to do for an artist. That is the job of a spokesman/publicist. Nowadays the musician has to wear so many hats, because the musician does not have a large staff of people taking care of the things that get in the way of work and making the music people want to hear. All of this social media is necessary, but it is like selling on ebay. It sounds simple and easy, but then people want replies to questions, more info, this, that and the other, and before you know it, it never stops and before you know it, hours have slipped away.

it is easy for one fan to ask one question, it is much harder to be the artist receiving those questions from hundreds and thousands of fans asking one question.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am

Preacherman777 wrote:I sent an email to Bob Bender today (the new management) to see if he could tell me anything and saying that the fans really would like to know what's up. Haven't got a reply yet, but maybe it helped them realize they need to say something.
Let us know if you get a response, because I've sent a couple his way without a reply, and also promoters are trying to get in touch with him, but fails to respond. These promoters are VERY interested in getting dates together.
BTW H2o are telling some promoters to get in contact with Bender for shows instead of them, does this make sense?
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:06 pm

So far no response at all. Just what Petra needs, yet another manager who is not on the ball. I think we got spoiled with Michael.
0 x