WARNING: New Compilation About To Be Released

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: WARNING: New Compilation About To Be Released

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I saw the press kit with my own eyes since I happened to attend GMA that year.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:22 pm

I knew about this. Some Petra personnel confirmed it years ago. When I was with John and Louie at GMA week to do interviews for PDC, they both told me that I had done more for PDC at GMA week, and had booked more interviews for John, than Word had ever done. One of them mentioned the bad review. Maybe both did.

The issue for Word, as told to me, was that Word thought they were buying a cash cow that would perpetuate itself. When the music landscape changed, and Petra was in dropping in sales, things got pretty hard core rough. When John and I were on the elevator to an interview, the president of Word got in with us. John asked me if I knew him. I told him that I did not. At first he offered to introduce me, to see if they could help. John stopped, looked kind of straight faced, and then said in his gruff voice, "Nahhhhh. You don't need those guys. You are on the right track. You will do better without them."

The only productive guy I knew from Word was Eric Nordhoff, now GoGlobal Entertainment. He became our distributor and eventually distributed John internationally for a minute. He gave me a little insight. Because he is such a stand-up guy, I never got much. But I know that Word was doing little, hoping to get much. Typical.
0 x

pethead97
Pethead
Pethead

Post by pethead97 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:53 pm

well, I did it...I went ahead and "burned" a homemade CD-R of it.
0 x
[img]http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/history/Colts_logo_Nov20.jpg[/img] [img]http://photo.stamps.com/web/images/catalog/nflimages/First_Release/New_York_Giants/small_newyorkgiants_logo.gif[/img]