Classic Petra- NAshville TN

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Classic Petra- NAshville TN

Post by ricanrolear » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 pm

does any one know if there's still tickets available? i just got paid today, but i cant find the link anymore :(
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Classic Petra- NAshville TN

Post by fcollazo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Write a note to Dean on the Classic Petra Facebook page, he answers quickly.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I heard that John Schlitt dropped in on the Classic Petra show at the Hard Rock Nashville. That must have been an unexpected treat for those who were there.
Last edited by Preacherman777 on Tue May 08, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Grave Robber:

0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:52 pm

I think John & Dorla were in attendance at this concert.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Yes, they were.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm

http://networkedblogs.com/xvgSF

This interview has a question about the Classic Petra show John went to. Great comments!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 am

Nice interview; I like the comment about the three songs off of On Fire!! Those three songs blew me away the first time I heard them together, and still get me fired up today.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Tutor_23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor_23 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

So, how are the ClassicPetra shows going? Good turn out? Tight, well rehearsed performances? Good quality?

andy
0 x
"Never surrender. Never, never surrender!"
- Sir Winston Churchill

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon May 14, 2012 3:52 pm

It's looking like anywhere from 500-800 in attendance(venue permitting). The show I saw in Plano, Tx was good, but needed more guitar in the overall mix of the sound. Louie played flawlessly even though he had no guitar mix in his monitor. The show was tight, everyone played and sang great. The only objection of mine that would be under the band's control would be alot less talk from Greg and a couple more songs put in the set list; Greg spoke(sometimes several minutes) in between each song except for Angel of Light/Clean and just before Grave Robber. I would say it amounted too about 25 minutes or so worth of talk; way too much for a 70-90 minute rock concert.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 am

executioner wrote:It's looking like anywhere from 500-800 in attendance(venue permitting). The show I saw in Plano, Tx was good, but needed more guitar in the overall mix of the sound. Louie played flawlessly even though he had no guitar mix in his monitor. The show was tight, everyone played and sang great. The only objection of mine that would be under the band's control would be alot less talk from Greg and a couple more songs put in the set list; Greg spoke(sometimes several minutes) in between each song except for Angel of Light/Clean and just before Grave Robber. I would say it amounted too about 25 minutes or so worth of talk; way too much for a 70-90 minute rock concert.
Talking too much is a fine line, isn't it? I found myself wanting more talk from the band during the Farewell era and missing the "Uncle Bob" talks but I can understand that talking too much can be a problem too. I guess it's personal opinion, subject matter, what have you but it might be better for me if they talked a little too much rather than not enough ...
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 15, 2012 7:15 am

Greg has always spoken mini sermons, sometimes just a bunch of one-liners for response. John, until his solo shows, was not really one to do a bunch of talking. I think Bob should do more talking, to keep it light and moving along.

Maybe I am simple minded, but I think most people going to a Classic Petra show KNOW what they are going for. They know Petra. they are likely the hard-core fan, or spouse/child of the fan. Is there really a need to tell us things we know already? Just throwing this out there. How much does a Christian rock band audience need to hear, especially one that has been waiting 25 years to hear the band play?
0 x

Tutor_23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor_23 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

I can live with some talk, albeit I understand that too much can become a bit tedious. I'm just glad to hear that the guys are performing well and sounding good. 500-800 sounds like a good size crowd. Thanks for the update!
andy
0 x
"Never surrender. Never, never surrender!"
- Sir Winston Churchill

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 am

Yep, Thats just Greg!

brent wrote:Greg has always spoken mini sermons, sometimes just a bunch of one-liners for response. John, until his solo shows, was not really one to do a bunch of talking. I think Bob should do more talking, to keep it light and moving along.

Maybe I am simple minded, but I think most people going to a Classic Petra show KNOW what they are going for. They know Petra. they are likely the hard-core fan, or spouse/child of the fan. Is there really a need to tell us things we know already? Just throwing this out there. How much does a Christian rock band audience need to hear, especially one that has been waiting 25 years to hear the band play?
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 am

brent wrote:Greg has always spoken mini sermons, sometimes just a bunch of one-liners for response. John, until his solo shows, was not really one to do a bunch of talking. I think Bob should do more talking, to keep it light and moving along.

True; I knew going in Greg was a talker, but I'm like you we know what were getting message wise. I felt a couple of more songs thrown in would have been ideal.
0 x