Italian Davi & Schlitt to release "Praise Ye the Lord"

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Italian Davi & Schlitt to release "Praise Ye the Lord"

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 pm

THANK YOU, Shell!

(how the heck did this topic morph into Classic Petra when it's supposed to be about Davi & Schlitt?)
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 pm

cuz...it's the zone.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Brent's right...It isn't the first time something has morphed and probably won't be the last. :mrgreen:
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 am

I'm sure not!

btw - the video link (both on John's site & Davi's) has been retweeted many times by some very foreign-looking names. I do believe Davi has a nice following!

If you're interested in buying the song (English OR Spanish) it's now on iTunes (links are here): http://www.giuseppedavi.com/
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

I would buy it if it was John alone saying it. I always wanted to hear your version of John singing on it. but I really don't like Davi's voice, it's really irritating. when I hear John singing his parts it gives me goosebumps though!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 am

fcollazo wrote:Brent, you said that you did not think Bob will record another CP CD unless they change their style. I never got that impression from Bob. Where do you get that idea from?

Exe, so you are saying Bob is not frank enough to call it like it is, and just pretended to like what he was doing for 2 years just to keep appearances? I think Bob would have quit a long time ago if that where the case.

No not saying that at all; I'm saying that legally Bob can only say certain things(in public) until an official band statement is put out which has yet to be seen; plus Bob has told several people that his first desire is to play the more edgy side of Petra which would mean inserting John back into the mix. I could see an album of all new material with Classic Petra coming out in 2-3 years, but its not a priority with Bob right now because of several circumstances and plus the touring side of Classic Petra no longer is an option at all because John Lawry will not be touring any longer.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:41 am

So you heard directlly from John Lawry that he will never tour again with Classic Petra?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 pm

fcollazo wrote:So you heard directlly from John Lawry that he will never tour again with Classic Petra?

No not directly, but I've been told by two different sources that he told the band in August that once 2012 was done he was done touring and he was going back to work full time in his studio because he has about 18-24 months worth of paid work coming his way with the studio and he is willing in the future to get the all new material Classic Petra album done but his studio work has priority over it; in otherwords as long as he has work coming in the Classic Petra album would not happen. From how my sources put it he is done touring for good, but the CP album is a possibility down the road.
BTW my sources do not know each other(I've known both for 20+ years, one used to work with Word Music and attends GXV church and the other is a long time promoter for Petra in Texas and surrounding states) but both know at least one band member each on a personal/professional level and both have come out and said the same exact thing from the John Lawry angle anyways; there are other things that they told me but I've chosen not to put those on the public forum.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 pm

fcollazo...let it go. There are too many people saying the same things. Look at the schedules. Come on. In two to three years a new CP album? The momentum will be long gone. Nobody will care by then. If they couldn't make it happen the first time around, they won't two to three years from now.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Just remember focollazo, everything you are hearing from these guys are rumors and speculation, speaking to a lot of things that if they really did have inside information, they would be violating the bands confidence to be talking about it in public. I have actual information and I have been very guarded about the extent to which I am talking about that information and with good reason. I respect the band and their right to some privacy. So far no one has hit the nail on the head with the truth, so I know the reports are sketchy. They may contain some elements of truth, but because they don't know the full story they go in wrong directions with their speculation.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I am not talking to anyone on the inside, have been told things from multiple parties throughout the years and have only repeated what was authorized. One time I made John mad with some satirical comments, making fun of the industry on petrarocksmyworld.com. Some moron repeated it to him, out of context, and he wanted to wring my neck. I explained it to him on the phone, and he got it. Ever since then, I have kept that kind of stuff to a minimum. Enough people know my love for the band, the guys, and utter disdain for the industry the band helped establish, which eventually turned on them. I have done free work to help solo careers, paid members for studio time, etc. Don't think I haven't heard stuff through all of that. I knew of CP long before 99% of you people and did not say a word about it. I started talking to Greg about it in 05. A little bird told me at first and then Greg himself when he was laying tracks for me for Mechanism. Trust me, I could have let it out. I did not, until Greg let it out.

Obviously, volumes could be written by each member of what we all do not know. I don't want to know any more. Sometimes it is better to not meet your idols and for some things to be a mystery. Once the realization hits that these are normal people, with normal issues, with normal differences, and normal musicians traits, the whole experience is kind of soured a little. That is my fan-side perspective. I don't want to know any more. I don't know a thing about the future of CP.

What I DO know is what I see outside. I see personal schedules. I see production schedules. I take into account the historical trends of music, the economy, the business, the band, etc. Does anyone want CP without John Lawry and/or Bob on stage? I don't. Does anyone want a CP with it being more of a GXV with back-up band, playing Petra tunes? I don't. Do I want NEW CP music? Sure. Do I think it will happen? Nope. Not without there being some BIG money infused and/or John L's schedule changing. Do bands make a come back without great frequency in touring and back to back album releases? Not often. God doesn't rain money from heaven to pay for all of this either. CP is not something that can exist playing medium to large churches. Not unless they can create a real tour out of those stops. The economics don't work for a band that large. So, yes, I am speculating. But, I just don't see it going on the way it was initially projected. My money is on J&H Petra recording and playing more shows.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 pm

There is no question that J&H Petra will be playing shows. That much has been announced, so that's a no brainer. Will they record? I don't know. I hope so. I would hope for an album from any version of Petra, but I have no reason to believe the money or the demand is any more available for that version than for CP. Both do well outside of the US and neither does very well inside the US and for my money, and I know you have said the same, I have no interest in going to a J&H Petra show, so I'm not sure why you would think that there tons of others out there who feel differently. Aside from that, I'm not saying you're not qualified to speculate, I'm just saying it's it's still just speculation and I do think you are mixing some of your speculation with some faulty info you've gotten from Exe and that, I think, is sending both of you off into the woods.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:There is no question that J&H Petra will be playing shows. That much has been announced, so that's a no brainer. Will they record? I don't know. I hope so. I would hope for an album from any version of Petra, but I have no reason to believe the money or the demand is any more available for that version than for CP. Both do well outside of the US and neither does very well inside the US and for my money, and I know you have said the same, I have no interest in going to a J&H Petra show, so I'm not sure why you would think that there tons of others out there who feel differently. Aside from that, I'm not saying you're not qualified to speculate, I'm just saying it's it's still just speculation and I do think you are mixing some of your speculation with some faulty info you've gotten from Exe and that, I think, is sending both of you off into the woods.
I am not taking what Exec has said into consideration.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:19 am

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that the more time that goes by without a second Classic Petra record and tour, the less its chances of ever happening at all. As the saying goes, you have to strike while the iron is hot, and unfortunately, the iron is getting cooler by the day.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 am

Back on topic, I don't like the cover. I don't like the music. They missed the key elements of the song, removing the dynamics and attitude. It sounds flat and lazily played. John sounds killer on it. I wish he did the whole thing. I am glad he got the gig and got paid.
0 x