40th Anniversary Tour

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: 40th Anniversary Tour

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:34 pm

executioner wrote:I was not the biggest fan of Classic Petra, but that didn't stop me from buying several BTTR CD's, DVD's, T-shirts, and also attending 2 shows because I didn't like the lineup or who was in the band. I would EXPECT ANY TRUE PETRA FAN TO DO THE SAME!!!!
Some of us "true fans" have different priorities when it comes to spending our money. If Petra is around in some form, and I like the music, then I'll buy it, but I don't see how I have any obligation to try and single-handedly support the group by attending multiple shows and buying every souvenir I can get my hands on.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

Post by zak89 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:It's photos they are using in the promotional materials. Just look at the Facebook page and you should see what I'm talking about. Look at the promotion being used for the show in Brooklyn Park, MN. It's the same picture as is being used for the Facebook icon. There is another picture on the Facebook page that shows who is actually playing in the band right now, but that picture is not even being used at all in the promotions.

https://www.facebook.com/Petraband?hc_location=stream
Hmm... I see how it could be misleading, but it's obviously a collage of several formations of Petra over the years. I see it more as a logo than anything else. But I agree, the banner image of the current lineup should be the one used in promoting the new tour.
0 x

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 74CAPethead » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Preacherman777,

Your posts on the Petra Zone made me sad! :-( I couldn’t believe what I was reading came from a “PETHEAD FANATIC”! :-( You had a “rare opportunity” to get to see PETRA and refused to support “the band” because of pictures that “other people” posted on the internet! :-( Unbelievable! That really breaks my heart that you would take this out on Bob, John, Greg and Cristian when they DO NOT deserve that and they had nothing to do with those photos that were posted! :-( I can’t imagine how that would make them feel if they read your posts! :-(

Look at this photo that is being used by this promoter! So I guess you wouldn’t go to support PETRA by going to this concert either since this promoter is using the wrong photo!
http://sonshinefestival.com/the-line-up/
I brought it to Sue’s attention and she was going to notify Scott Huie...she thinks Scott sent them the current photo but they just mistakenly put up the wrong photo...but that’s still not “the bands” fault and they aren’t being dishonest and promoting a different lineup!
“They don't seem to want to be honest about the fact that they don't have anything to offer the fans that would truly make this a 40th Anniversary Tour.”
“Don’t have anything to offer”? Another statement I can’t believe is coming from a “Pethead”! :-( I live in CA and I’ve been LONGING to see PETRA in concert LIVE again and it doesn’t bother me one bit what photos people post! That would NEVER stop me from going to see them! I would just be SO BLESSED to see and hear them again! :-)

That photo that Petra uses for their icon has been the same one they’ve been using since before the 40th Anniversary was even talked about...Yvonne Nachtigal is the one that created that photo during the time that Classic Petra was just beginning and her husband (Michael) was the Manager and she made that icon for the Facebook website. I think Dean has mentioned that he wanted that Facebook website to celebrate ALL THINGS PETRA! :-) That is why that picture is still on their Facebook! :-)
“People seeing these promotions are the ones who are confused, thinking that they are going to see the Classic guys and John Schlitt all together, and that's not just an assumption on my part. People are posting replies stating that that's what they are thinking they are doing to see.”

“…they need to be honest about that and promote it for what it actually is. Nothing more than the most modern version of Petra.”
The fans that are “confused” must not be “reading” what IS being promoted on PETRA’S official website:

“Now, after the completion of a successful two-year reunion of the band's mid-80s line-up (as Classic Petra), Petra founding member Bob Hartman and long-time vocalist John Schlitt (joined by Greg Bailey on bass and drummer/percussionist Cristian Borneo) have re-united to celebrate Petra's 40th Anniversary.”
http://www.petraband.com/content/petra- ... nniversary

Or on Scott Huie’s (booking agent’s) official website:
http://www.h2oaa.com/artist.php?id=71

The majority of the festivals listed on their concert schedule do have the “correct” photo:
http://www.petraband.com/content/petra- ... ival-slate

The fans should be “reading” what’s happening not just assuming things by the photos they see on Facebook! Jay Sekulow’s photo with John was also on the “PETRA” Facebook page for a few weeks…hopefully people didn’t get confused with that photo too, thinking Jay was joining Petra! ;-)

Pethead Fanatic...I don’t think so! :-(
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:47 pm

I fail to see how this could be considered deceptive. I think it's pretty clear that picture on Facebook is a collage of the band during different times, and there's nothing saying that everyone in the picture is participating in the tour. Anyone who takes the time to check will know it's Bob, John, Greg B. and Cristian. It's stated pretty clearly here.

http://petraband.com/content/about-40th ... rsary-tour
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 pm

74CA is right - the photo that is on Petra's Facebook page was made long ago - and it's never changed since Nachtigals (CLASSIC Petra) were involved. So NO one on Petra's side is trying to mislead or pull the wool over anyone's eyes in regards to who is performing. It's simply a photo for FACEBOOK, not for publicity purposes.

Promoters know full well what 'version' they're contracting... and it's out of Petra's control as to what image the promoter uses for advertising, though they ARE provided with the correct photo. Why this one promoter took that photo from FB, of all places, is beyond me. Why Sonshine would use a pix with JUSTIN on it is even more crazy. But as 74CA said, I certainly wouldn't base my attendance on a picture.
Let Farewell Petra stand or fall on it's own merits just as Classic Petra had to, rather than trying to rip off the interest in the more classic versions of the band.
Rip off the interest? Preacher, are you inferring that the booking agents are misleading potential promoters in pretending that they're offering another 'version' of Petra (i.e. Classic Petra) rather than the current Petra - which is picking up where Farewell left off? If that's your opinion of what Petra and their agents are doing, you have some serious misconceptions.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:38 pm

(Purposefully ignoring the previous discussion...)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRSW1SoWXHU[/youtube]
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 am

try this:

0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 am

I'd love to hear Holy Is Your Name :P
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 am

74CAPethead wrote:Preacherman777,

Your posts on the Petra Zone made me sad! :-( I couldn’t believe what I was reading came from a “PETHEAD FANATIC”! :-( You had a “rare opportunity” to get to see PETRA and refused to support “the band” because of pictures that “other people” posted on the internet! :-( Unbelievable! That really breaks my heart that you would take this out on Bob, John, Greg and Cristian when they DO NOT deserve that and they had nothing to do with those photos that were posted! :-( I can’t imagine how that would make them feel if they read your posts! :-(

Look at this photo that is being used by this promoter! So I guess you wouldn’t go to support PETRA by going to this concert either since this promoter is using the wrong photo!
http://sonshinefestival.com/the-line-up/
I brought it to Sue’s attention and she was going to notify Scott Huie...she thinks Scott sent them the current photo but they just mistakenly put up the wrong photo...but that’s still not “the bands” fault and they aren’t being dishonest and promoting a different lineup!
“They don't seem to want to be honest about the fact that they don't have anything to offer the fans that would truly make this a 40th Anniversary Tour.”
“Don’t have anything to offer”? Another statement I can’t believe is coming from a “Pethead”! :-( I live in CA and I’ve been LONGING to see PETRA in concert LIVE again and it doesn’t bother me one bit what photos people post! That would NEVER stop me from going to see them! I would just be SO BLESSED to see and hear them again! :-)

That photo that Petra uses for their icon has been the same one they’ve been using since before the 40th Anniversary was even talked about...Yvonne Nachtigal is the one that created that photo during the time that Classic Petra was just beginning and her husband (Michael) was the Manager and she made that icon for the Facebook website. I think Dean has mentioned that he wanted that Facebook website to celebrate ALL THINGS PETRA! :-) That is why that picture is still on their Facebook! :-)
“People seeing these promotions are the ones who are confused, thinking that they are going to see the Classic guys and John Schlitt all together, and that's not just an assumption on my part. People are posting replies stating that that's what they are thinking they are doing to see.”

“…they need to be honest about that and promote it for what it actually is. Nothing more than the most modern version of Petra.”
The fans that are “confused” must not be “reading” what IS being promoted on PETRA’S official website:

“Now, after the completion of a successful two-year reunion of the band's mid-80s line-up (as Classic Petra), Petra founding member Bob Hartman and long-time vocalist John Schlitt (joined by Greg Bailey on bass and drummer/percussionist Cristian Borneo) have re-united to celebrate Petra's 40th Anniversary.”
http://www.petraband.com/content/petra- ... nniversary

Or on Scott Huie’s (booking agent’s) official website:
http://www.h2oaa.com/artist.php?id=71

The majority of the festivals listed on their concert schedule do have the “correct” photo:
http://www.petraband.com/content/petra- ... ival-slate

The fans should be “reading” what’s happening not just assuming things by the photos they see on Facebook! Jay Sekulow’s photo with John was also on the “PETRA” Facebook page for a few weeks…hopefully people didn’t get confused with that photo too, thinking Jay was joining Petra! ;-)

Pethead Fanatic...I don’t think so! :-(

All great points!!!
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 am

Preacherman777 wrote:Personally, I think this tour is being promoted in a deceptive way. There are two shows right now in MN and I could have taken in one or both, but the promotions I've seen are using pictures of Classic Petra and John Schlitt Petra with the Classic guys. They don't seem to want to be honest about the fact that they don't have anything to offer the fans that would truly make this a 40th Anniversary Tour. It's really just another Farewell Petra tour/mini tour or whatever it is and so since they are not being honest about that, I refuse to take in these shows or support what they are doing. Let Farewell Petra stand or fall on it's own merits just as Classic Petra had to, rather than trying to rip off the interest in the more classic versions of the band.

First off its a shame you decided not to go to 2 Petra shows right in your back yard, but that's all I will say about that comment. Second Petra, Management, & booking agents have NO CONTROL whatsoever how a promoter promotes the band; the promoter was given the correct material, but still chose to use other items from the internet to promote the band. In the past year I've looked into a lot of things about promoters, management and official band things and have come to find out that most artists have no control of just about anything anymore, so don't look at it as Petra being deceptive or anything misleading because frankly they most likely didn't have any idea what the promoter was doing.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:39 pm

It's pretty obvious that one particular person has an axe to grind with nearly all things Petra. Just keep the source of the complaint in mind. Read up on the mod logs, they are quite entertaining.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 pm

rexreed wrote:It's pretty obvious that one particular person has an axe to grind with nearly all things Petra. Just keep the source of the complaint in mind. Read up on the mod logs, they are quite entertaining.
:lol: Well, if it's who I think you might be referring to, it's all things Petra associated with John. Just sayin'. :mrgreen:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Any word on a set list or any video out there?

BTW the mod forum can be very interesting and anyone needing a scare or a laugh(whichever way you look at life) might want to go and check it out. :lol:
0 x

dnbreyen
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by dnbreyen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 am

Here's the setlist from 6/7 in Brooklyn Park, MN

Beat the System
All About Who You Know
Dance
I Waited
Ancient of Days
Amazing Grace
Creed
Judas Kiss
You're In the Right Place
How Great Thou Art
Sight Unseen
It Is Finished
Think Twice
I Am On The Rock
Midnight Oil
Minefield
This Means War
This is the Noise We Make
Jekyll and Hyde
Reach Out
Beyond Belief
Lord I Lift Your Name on High
He Came, He Saw, He Conquered
Holy Is Your Name

Some of the middle songs were put together in a medley, but for not hearing these tracks live in a VERY long time, it was a wonderful show!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:50 am

Matthew RJ wrote:
dnbreyen wrote:Here's the setlist from 6/7 in Brooklyn Park, MN

Beat the System
All About Who You Know
Dance
I Waited
Ancient of Days
Amazing Grace
Creed
Judas Kiss
You're In the Right Place
How Great Thou Art
Sight Unseen
It Is Finished
Think Twice
I Am On The Rock
Midnight Oil
Minefield
This Means War
This is the Noise We Make
Jekyll and Hyde
Reach Out
Beyond Belief
Lord I Lift Your Name on High
He Came, He Saw, He Conquered
Holy Is Your Name

Some of the middle songs were put together in a medley, but for not hearing these tracks live in a VERY long time, it was a wonderful show!
Sounds like a wonderful show and I would have liked to have been there for it. At least it's not the farewell set list.

Set list is longer than I thought it would be being a festival and all. 7 songs that were not on the usual "Farewell" set list.
0 x